First port and suggested pairings

vallum12100

Hi everyone! I've lurked here for a while and finally decided to make an account with some help I'm needing for a few things. The first of which is to match up remaining pairings for my hard run through, as I am taking a break from the stress that is a first time Lunatic run through and not having DLC.

Here is what I have planned thus far

marriagechart.png

I've already hooked up

- ChromxSumia

- SullyxVaike

- MU(+mag-str)xLissa

In this run through, I wanted to try to veer away from CordiliaxStahl, FredrickxCherche, TharjaxGaius, Lon'quxMaribelle, and GregorxPanne, (just wanting to try new things this runthrough). I regret not pairing SullyxDonnel to try something new, but SullyxVaike made them much more sturdy when going through the story against units that make it past my MU. I'm willing to grind, and I just gained access to buying master seals, (MU has been making me loads of Bullion with Despoil), and I now have all but Ricken and Miriel promoted.

All comments and advice is appreciated!

What exactly are you going for? Interesting story? Decent modifiers? Funny skill sets?

Decent modifiers while trying to see more of the support dialogs. Some of my deterrents were cosmetic while trying to retain strong children, (StahlxSelena has horrible hair color, but by the gods is she strong)

Let's see, I would say go with Donnel!Kjelle and Vaike!Gerome, but...

Ricken!Severa is pretty good due to having no negative mods.

Definitely going to have my next run through have Donnel!Kjelle and Vaike!BatmanGerome

What role would Ricken!Sevara be, still a Hero or would I go Sage?

They say Stahl is Severa's best father, but then again, a lot of kids would benefit from him. Despite how "average" the game makes him out to be, he's actually the best father in the game. Or one of the best, at least.

I hear Frederick is good as Gerome's dad. I hear he's pretty decent for Yarne too, though if you want Yarne to be fast, someone else would be preferred (possibly Lon'qu) because of Freddy's -2 speed modifier.

As for everyone else, I can't really say. I would've suggested Donnel x Sully and Kellam x Miriel, but yeah. :P

I'm gonna split this up (sort of).

Olivia

Story: I've heard she's got a decent one with Henry.

Modifiers: Lon'qu/Virion/Gaius will make Inigo light and fast. However, Gaius gives Inigo a terrible class set.

Maribelle

Story: Gaius, hands down. I won't spoil why.

Modifiers: Donnel gives an amazing Luck modifier, Ricken for pure mage, Henry for just about everything else.

Miriel

Story: I like that she asks Virion for something in their C support

Modifiers: If you're dead-set on Trickster, go with Henry. Otherwise, I'd make Laurent a generic magic guy, and use Ricken.

Cherche

Story: She makes everyone interesting

Modifiers: Stahl gives a pretty good spread of Strength/Defense.

Cordelia

Story: Uh, good luck with that.

Modifiers: I kind of like Frederick's mods, but I have no plans on turning Severa into a mage, ever.

Panne

Story: I think her support with Frederick is funny, even if it's pretty low on the quality scale overall

Modifiers: Lon'qu if you want Super Speedy Yarne, Frederick if you want more bulk

Tharja

Story: Pick betwee Lon'qu and Donnel. Both give her some much-needed depth.

Modifiers: Figure out what you want out of Noire, because she can go in several different directions

I'm pretty sure I'll be argued into the ground, but I don't see anyone else ATM. Either way, have fun~!

[Awesome suggestions of awesomeness]

Thanks Eclipse, I'm really liking allot of those, (Now I'm really curious about Gaius!Brady).

marriagecharthardWIP.png

Fredrick, Stahl, Virion, Ricken, and Kellam I can still move around, but the rest I'm either already set in or liking the idea of pairing them too much in this run.

Edit: TharjaxLon'Qu sounds tempting, so I'll be trying that as well.

Edited by vallum12100

Definitely going to have my next run through have Donnel!Kjelle and Vaike!BatmanGerome

What role would Ricken!Sevara be, still a Hero or would I go Sage?

Ricken!Severa is so versatile, it won't matter as long as you don't pick anything stupid. It's like a magic Stahl... so, actually, Sage or Sorcerer works better to take advantage of the higher Magic.

-GK for Luna

-Sage for Tomefaire, to counteract the loss of Vantage

-Archer still if you feel like running a gimmicky support Sniper

Plus you've still got arguably the three best overall class lines in the game (Mercenary/Peg. Knight/Dark Mage) at your disposal for end classes.

Other thoughts:

-Stahl's kinda wasted on Gerome, IMO. Gerome can take a lower-end father such as Virion, and Stahl can be used elsewhere. ... Actually, I'd just switch Stahl & Virion on your chart there; Inigo gets Luna, and Virion gets to waifu his maid.

-Frederick!Yarne has decent enough mods from Panne to use the stuff Fred gives him, plus he can run a gimmicky tank set with natural PavGis, DG+, and whatever else you want (probably Deliverer & Luna for a proc).

-Tharja/Lon'qu turns Noire into a god killer. Even without Galefarks (Galeforce if you're unaware of how much of a joke GF is on SF), she gets access to multiple procs, Vantage, and overkill skill with her Archer base and Lon'qu's retarded mods.

-If you're utilizing my suggestions, Gregor!Laurent is great to fill the last blank for a kamikaze set. Wrath for freak retard crit, Vengeance for added punch, Vantage for attacking first at half health or lower no matter what (to utilize said kamikaze set to it's fullest), Tomefaire/Axefaire for added pain, and whatever you want in the last slot (prolly AT for Aversa's Night/forged Waste/Ruin shenanigans).

Thanks Eclipse, I'm really liking allot of those, (Now I'm really curious about Gaius!Brady).

marriagecharthardWIP.png

Fredrick, Stahl, Virion, Ricken, and Kellam I can still move around, but the rest I'm either already set in or liking the idea of pairing them too much in this run.

Edit: TharjaxLon'Qu sounds tempting, so I'll be trying that as well.

I would personally shift Freddy to Yarne because he can actually take his speed hit. Shift Stahl to Olivia so Inigo can get Luna. Gregor to Miriel because VV combo. You could even put Henry on Cherche for a not too shabby Gerome. Severa is someone you have to try hard to screw up but yeah. Go Ricken with her so she can get Luna. If you didn't want Frederick!Yarne, you could even put Virion there to cover for Yarne's terrible class set.

Maribelle and Gaius just have REALLY good supports together. It's kinda a waste otherwise but whatever.

I'm gonna split this up (sort of).

Olivia

Story: I've heard she's got a decent one with Henry.

While I have obvious bias against anything other than MU x Olivia... Henry x Olivia gets played up so hard. Especially considering the English one in my personal opinion, is inferior to the Japanese support.

While I have obvious bias against anything other than MU x Olivia... Henry x Olivia gets played up so hard. Especially considering the English one in my personal opinion, is inferior to the Japanese support.

I'm well aware of the translation changes, but it's still better than quite a few of the supports out there (think of the myriad ones that don't give backstory/develop a character). Now, if it was the original Japanese support. . .that would've been absolute awesomesauce.

(I don't really pair Olivia often, and I haven't been impressed with the guys I've had so far, story-wise)

Did you see my post? Just making sure I wasn't ignored...

Course' I saw it! With yours, Sorin's, and Flan-Kun's input, I will shift Freddy to be Panne's partner! With more input, I will also switch Virion with Stahl.

So I have been playing in-between forum updates, so now MirielxRicken, (sorry!), and GaiusxMaribelle are now locked in. GaiusxMaribelle was heart-touching and one of my favorite ships now.

Here is the updated chart!

marriagecharthardWIP-1.png

Edited by vallum12100

Taken that way, you'd just wind up with tiny class pools/skillsets. However, a similar (and possible) efficiency combo that I've grown fond of is Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan x Chrom!Brady, which lets me do all manner of interesting things to the harder DLC maps with only 3 marriages (one of which is automatic).

No problem.

GregorxCherche is much better in all senses than Virion. Libra or Henry will provide a better mag mod for Brady (And Vengeance), while Gaius could provide GF to Noire. Cordelia should get paired with Lon'qu, else Henry for +STR and Axefaire.

From the other responses in this topic and the present pairings I gather TC is more into pairing for story/aesthetics and stronger characters are just a bonus. But yes, if you want a strong Gerome Gregor and Henry are solid options.