Legend of Zantetsu: Ocarina of Terrible

Aleph

Screw it have a demo

http://www.twitch.tv/hextator/b/513949196

There's apparently a new bug in the very latest version so I hadn't tested it enough to know until the stream...which means the stream is sloppy and involved a lot of reloading.

HOWEVER I do manage to assassinate my way to and through the princess of Hyrule so that's cool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno that site looks kinda blech

but yes I do need to find more fora to post things on

what is the URA project

Also fun fact I tested the code again and it worked completely fine, the crashing during the stream was a fluke and imad

Edited by Izayoi

I dunno that site looks kinda blech

but yes I do need to find more fora to post things on

what is the URA project

Also fun fact I tested the code again and it worked completely fine, the crashing during the stream was a fluke and imad

The site might be unsightly but the community has developed several hacking tools to put custom maps and even completely new models into the game. You can even create custom enemies and animations. If you want to include features in your mod like say royal guards that actually try to attack you and defend NPCs, this is the place.

The Ura Restoration Project was an attempt to mod OoT into what people believed Nintendo actually wanted Ura Zelda (the planned DD extension to OoT) to be. Not just having remixed dungeons like Master Quest did but entirely new items, enemies, cutscenes, the works. The project progressed and evolved over several years, however it was cancelled when a simmering conflict between the leader and the rest of the community came to a boil. I'll spare you the details, just that there were a lot of delays, some lying, and abuse of power involved.

However, this website has a host of resources from the efforts of the people who worked on that project. There are hacks in the works that have entirely new areas inserted into the game. I really think you could learn a lot from the community there, and they probably would be interested in what you've managed to do.

Oh yeah, flagship hacks always end poorly on fora unless the team is legit. See also: Serenes Emblem, whatever the FEU equivalent was (actually I think that just tured into TLP, but that is not affiliated with FEU anymore anyway), the thing Insobriety was created for ("What's Insobriety?!" Exactly.), etc.

Yeah it's been forever since I'd seen the phrase "Ura Zelda" so I thought Ura was an acronym at first.

The site might be unsightly but the community has developed several hacking tools to put custom maps and even completely new models into the game. You can even create custom enemies and animations. If you want to include features in your mod like say royal guards that actually try to attack you and defend NPCs, this is the place.

The Ura Restoration Project was an attempt to mod OoT into what people believed Nintendo actually wanted Ura Zelda (the planned DD extension to OoT) to be. Not just having remixed dungeons like Master Quest did but entirely new items, enemies, cutscenes, the works. The project progressed and evolved over several years, however it was cancelled when a simmering conflict between the leader and the rest of the community came to a boil. I'll spare you the details, just that there were a lot of delays, some lying, and abuse of power involved.

However, this website has a host of resources from the efforts of the people who worked on that project. There are hacks in the works that have entirely new areas inserted into the game. I really think you could learn a lot from the community there, and they probably would be interested in what you've managed to do.

I still see progress on the mod. Wasn't development fragmented?

The mod itself is cancelled but the I think records of its development were for future hacking reference. Despite the ultimate break down of the project, they really did learn how to do some really neat stuff. There a multitude of less ambitious but very impressive mods underway that owe their existence to the work these people did.

[/media]

[media]

that's basically how NASA was contributing to modern technology until funding was cut which resulted in everyone I know losing their job yay government

https://www.the-gcn.com/

Have you been to this website? It's dedicated to Legend of Zelda Rom hacking projects and the members there would really be interested what you've accomplished. I suggest you register and post your work there. Just don't ask about the URA project since it's a bit of a sore spot.

actually just so you don't get stuck thinking it's a big deal you CAN post this stuff on that site if you have an account there. I am not going to bite your head off for sharing my work. There's a reason there's a public link to it in my signature. It's supposed to be shared. You'd be doing me a favour ;D

e: obvs don't say you did it and also you should probably link to here or to my doc or to my stream or you know something in case someone wants to help and needs to know how to say words to me.

Edited by Izayoi

• 2 weeks later...

In the above video you might notice that the slingshot has some collision detection issues. This is because collision was tested for the point the pellet was at rather than the entire line segment from where it was to where it would be by the next frame.

As part of the process of getting arrows to work, which move much faster and thus have the same problem to a much greater extent, I've both fixed this issue with the slingshot and made arrows usable against NPCs. I'll probably throw up a demo vid of that soon, but before then I will probably look into getting bombs to work (which could potentially be harder sadfaec.jpg).

• 4 weeks later...

actually just so you don't get stuck thinking it's a big deal you CAN post this stuff on that site if you have an account there. I am not going to bite your head off for sharing my work. There's a reason there's a public link to it in my signature. It's supposed to be shared. You'd be doing me a favour ;D

e: obvs don't say you did it and also you should probably link to here or to my doc or to my stream or you know something in case someone wants to help and needs to know how to say words to me.

Someone beat me to it. They were impressed and wanted to invite you to their community.

By the way, do you know about Hylian tool box? It's a tool developed for hacking OoT. You can create custom enemies, custom maps, and even replace Link with different characters.

With this you could even...oh I don't know, create Hylian guards that might spawn and attack Link when he kills NPCs?

Edited by Red Dingo

I dunno if I need Hylian Toolbox to do that but I have read about it and it is something I'd like to play with if I could make the time.

I've been fiddling with it a little bit and made a Deku Scrub animation similar to Deku Link's slide attack. Of course I don't know enough about hacking to properly to make it a working attack that the actor will use in addition to it's regular movements.

There's probably some function call the loads a display list to use when an action is performed, or perhaps there's some way to register the list for the object and then make the object use it by setting an index/offset in the RAMActor object (as I've seen it called). Or perhaps both! I have no idea either, unfortunately, but I imagine it would be much easier to figure out from deciphering others' notes and source code than it would be to understand how similar functionality is achieved in a less reverse engineered entry in the series like Skyward Sword (actually for all I know Skyward Sword has been hacked to hell and back by now too).

Then a bunch of Iron Knuckles would leap down off of some nearby roof tops to kill your criminal ass or something. Or whatever!

That does sound cool.

Killing innocent people in Zelda, thou: ):

• 3 weeks later...