In game font (not ancient language)

I'm afraid I don't know, and I hope someone has managed to figure out exactly what it is.

The best I could get with Identifont was Fenland, which of course is not correct. And Fenland is a bit too decorative anyway. It's potentially serviceable depending on how you intend to use it, but Arial (or Arial Narrow) is actually probably closer. The e's are slightly off, but now that I look at screenshots more closely I see it's probably based on Arial Narrow (if not Arial Narrow itself).

Edited by Wist

I'm afraid I don't know, and I hope someone has managed to figure out exactly what it is.

The best I could get with Identifont was Fenland, which of course is not correct. And Fenland is a bit too decorative anyway. It's potentially serviceable depending on how you intend to use it, but Arial (or Arial Narrow) is actually probably closer. The e's are slightly off, but now that I look at screenshots more closely I see it's probably based on Arial Narrow (if not Arial Narrow itself).0

Well thanks for the advice and the link. As for I'm using them for. I'm doing some "mock conversation screenshots" in my spare time as a creative outlet. And I'm a little ocd when it come to trying to authentic

I can appreciate wanting to be as authentic as possible. If it helps, I made this image that makes it easy to see where Arial Narrow differs from the in-game font. It's close, but not quite there....

bh9vSGR.png

Actually using some features in I Gimp was able to get Airal Narrow pretty damn close to in game text. I also have a another reason for doing this. I'm in a tumblr rp that a little longer then anticipated. And some events require some back story. So as have I gotten a little tried of writing everything out. I thought i would try something different. I do wish I could find some more of RD's conversation backgrounds however, as all I can find are the ones in the CG section here on Serenes and a few from POR on FEplanet.

• 9 years later...

Very late addition to this post, but I went through a ton of fonts and while Arial Narrow is very close, Univers Condensed is closer. The left image is my edit, and the right is a still frame from a walkthrough. The typeface is notably heavier in the original and the e's don't quite match, but this could be a resolution scaling thing.

image.png