CT075

Nils should really be the only character with the negative stats, because he isn't supposed to be randomized. Everyone else is fixed.

cam what's in the update

Edit: ATTN everyone else

Can I get save files for every chapter in FE7, from 2-9 to 13-final light pt 2? I'll take saves, savestates, anything as long as it's a chapter I can load and see the randomizer editing enemy units.

Edited by Klok

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to believe this, but using Klok's chaos mode, a sps save of hard mode (since apparently it got overwritten and I had to import it again)

But with the item randomization. I got this. . .

gCRP5Zz.pngcmLHaON.png3AIhv8Y.png

These dude can OHKO her, but luckily their hit rate are bad.

I was incredibly surprised.

(I think there need to be a way to preserve the hard mode you have on your own file. Unless I'm incredibly dumb)

Edit: Found an interesting bug.

wGVYR4R.png

Florina throws the 2 range iron lance at the mercenary, it doesn't hit, nothing happen expect her throwing it without the camera moving to the mercenary. No damage are displayed or anything.

7HSdP8G.png

He dies.

Edit2: Game freeze when Lucius attacks with Devil Axe (Works fine with Iron Axe)

hodM0kG.png

Edited by Fateborn

A few things I noticed on chapter 15 ENM:

• It's fog of war (Not sure if that's normally the case or not, I don't think it is);
  • There's no enemy phase music.

Playing with the fix patch applied.

Haven't noticed anything else yet, other than chapter 11 hector mode being unwinnable most of the time. Even if I did get classes that could potentially kill Wire, neither Hector nor Matthew ever had any vulneraries so they wouldn't even survive to reach him.

Otherwise, I'm having fun with this. Nice job so far, I'd say.

After using the latest release and latest fix patch, I noticed these changes in the Chapter Data module as far as visibility distance goes:

- Chapter 13x is changed to 0 (As Flame said above)

- Chapter 15/16 to 4 (Also said)

- Chapter 16x/17x to 5

- Chapter 23/24 Lloyd to 5

- Chapter 26/28 to 0 Maybe that's for the best though

Some other things

- Ranged axe animations still seem to freeze the game up with the fix patch

ddf216e49ac0be6dd067469613f4a3d9.png

48117cd07761e42f032c050af04a425e.png

- Some characters have weird starting inventories

[spoiler=Transfers From Lyn Hard Mode]

e1172c70d32e9b534cb20c4e0956a1c2.png

0db96430eeb500bb60fbd30a198f7bcc.png

[spoiler=From Eliwood Hard Mode]

3d0b5730f33a7e4f47b3fdf508994910.png

ffac70c613833fee8e53e7d5429ea9c7.png

- Eliwood seems to start with a steel sword as a second weapon, whether or not his class can use swords.

69441874dcbb4e65c5bdaf65f6da34ba.png

4e0c27900c48364ff2897be39697da8e.png

(PegasusKnight!Eliwood had a Vulnerary before the fix patch was applied)

- Eagler can't use his hand axe now since hand axe was changed to D rank

We were going to add boss randomization which would fix eagler's hand axe, but I'll raise his rank anyway. I forgot that bosses weren't autoleveled in vanilla.

Eliwood with steel sword is... I've literally never seen that glitch before. Are you using a vanilla U fe7rom or one with the fix patch, or does it happen on both? I've randomized hundreds of times and never seen that. Also what version are you using of the fix patch? I get the feeling your randomizer is borked and you should redownload, as I've never had any of those happen to me.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong with the axe freezing, for now use the Nobugs or Noaxes command when randomizing items. That'll prevent axes from altering their range. The easy answer is that axes may never get fully fixed, because FE7 weapon range is extremely terrible. Also it's hard to balance anything around randomized weapons, seeing as they're just innately breaking the game. I prefer doing those manually still.

In my upcoming bug patch, btw, I fixed a bug where femcav animations wouldn't work 50% of the time. That was an annoying one.

Oh also:

7N09Y.png7N0Qg.png

7N0bT.png

7N0cu.png

Edited by Klok

You're attempting to patch it onto a clean (U) FE7 rom right? If you are and it's not working, lemme know.

Don't forget to use Nintenlord's NUPS patcher, not the Tsukiyomi one. There probably isn't a difference but it can't hurt to be safe.

Edited by Klok

You're attempting to patch it onto a clean (U) FE7 rom right? If you are and it's not working, lemme know.

Don't forget to use Nintenlord's NUPS patcher, not the Tsukiyomi one. There probably isn't a difference but it can't hurt to be safe.

I'm trying to patch it on chaos lol

edit: now it works with venom

H87wX90.png

Fuck this shit

A new random with Lyn as Wyvern Rider

Guess what?

2nAS16K.pngGRdslux.png

Fucking wut

Edit: Forced to redo random because of bolting iron sword in chapter 2.

YaMqXNS.png

I have a sad luck don't I?

Edited by Fateborn

R u dum lol. You don't apply the fix patch to chaos mode lol. You just use the randomizer on it and pray it works. The fix patch obviously won't work on a rom other than what it's designated to work on.

plsno

edit: my body is ready

LetVreX.png

4dUmNuw.png

Horray for no heal.

>.>

LqvW6wi.png

Oh look, no heal staff either

Edited by Fateborn

fe7r8_zps99b05f4e.pngr_fe76_zps66e644ef.png

Erk is immortal now and Sain seems to still have his sword rank,not a big deal since he will promote to cavalier

will there be more classes in the future?

EDIT: erk dies as soon has he attacks something, even if the enemy doesn't attack back

r_fe79_zps0945d038.png

Edited by Sairento

Erk is immortal now and Sain seems to still have his sword rank,not a big deal since he will promote to cavalier

EDIT: erk dies as soon has he attacks something, even if the enemy doesn't attack back

r_fe79_zps0945d038.png

Doesn't the 0 HP Erk issue happen in vanilla FE7?

EDIT: Nvm, I'm thinking of the one where Erk can't kill the enemy and they're left at 0. ( Terrible quality, but 2 lay zee to find another vid)

Edited by L95

r_fe79_zps0945d038.png

Interesting bug @Erk, I'll look into it. Might just have to edit the battle event.

As for sain, I may have missed his character slot for weapons removal with my fix patch. I'll check into it.

And no, there won't be any more classes in the future. At best you can hope for halberdier, and that's a very long shot.

Edited by Klok

That erk battle is actually in the hardmode too. But generally you should avoid lyn and maybe even Hector mode with a Randomizer. I'm trying to make both beatable but it's pretty hard. Eliwood mode is more suited for these things.

Edited by Klok

one of the things i intend to work on gradually is adding support for dumping a complete class/item list that you can look at/confirm before proceeding with the randomization; if my plans go where i want them to you could also edit said class/item list to your liking before inserting

(part 2 is just making this whole thing just an auxiliary function within a larger tool; you may notice in the source for the stuff in the "romhacking" folder most of the files are incomplete)

Sain always keeps his old weapon ranks; I've had sword Soldiers, Sword Pegasus Knights, Lance Sellswords, even magical classes. And, yeah, I reckon the event for the Erk vs Archer battle should be edited to guarantee no crits; when the Iron Bow has a 50% chance to crit, you'll probably end up with a dead Erk. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove Cleric and the like from Lyn's possible classes; the lack of weapons they can wield can make the prologue impossible. (EDIT: I say this because, I poop you not, I got a staff-wielding class four times in a row.) Also, my Lyns and Florinas have always been the same class; at least, in LHM. Am I just that (un)lucky, or could there be something in the randomizer causing it?

Edited by Flame Emblem