CT075

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove Cleric and the like from Lyn's possible classes; the lack of weapons they can wield can make the prologue impossible.

Since that is only a problem in the first chapter, you can always use the randomizer again or change the mode you're playing in

Also, my Lyns and Florinas have always been the same class; at least, in LHM. Am I just that (un)lucky, or could there be something in the randomizer causing it?

My Lyn is a monk and my Florina is a myrmdion, that might just be luck

Edited by Sairento

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played it but if possible it would be cool to add a diable tutorials into it if possible(I know it's not easy and you are trying) but I did go into nightmare and disable the tutorials but it froze as soon as lyn(knight long range slim lance) attacked. Or is there a save state that is at eliwoods mode somewhere?

Shamison, there's a .sav (it's called save.sav) that comes with the randomizer. Rename it to r_fe7.sav, place it in the same place as the r_fe7.gba (they have to have the same name), and go wild.

Looks like you forgot to fix this issue

Xo2sSdg.png

It freezes :\

(Fiora can't cross the sea as grounded unit silly, if you're going to make the game have randomizer, at least make it so she spawns on the land.)

Edited by Fateborn

Did you apply the patch first, then randomize?

Also characters aren't linked together. If you played lyn mode with Serra, she was an archer, and then you advanced to Eliwood/Hector mode where she was now a mage, the game would still give her an Archer's inventory, I think. I haven't tried playing lyn mode yet because it sucks.

Eagler bug was already reported. He has a javelin anyway so it's not like he's defenseless atm

everyone from lyn so far keeped their class

also, I applied the patch then randomized

Edit: the game keeps their class but changes the inventory, I started in Hector mode now and both Mathew and Serra were archers

Edited by Sairento

everyone from lyn so far keeped their class

also, I applied the patch then randomized

There are other problems that might be fucking up their inventories too, like maybe they have some ID in a CG after ch. 10 but before they appear that changes their class to some other class and it gives them those weapons but still retains their lyn mode class, etc.

Lyn mode sucks anyway stop playing it unless you just HAVE to have that one HHM gaiden that relies on it. (19xx I think?)

Ooh, good catch. I better do the same thing for Farina too. (Goddamnit IS game devs)

I think it's pretty cool that their movement event command makes use of their path finding algorithm to avoid any odd unit movements during events.

This is why I told you I wanted character ID's together, for the express purpose of keeping their classes the same in all instances.

i literally don't even check character id at the moment lol (which is probably the problem)

the working copy of this application has the ability to dump character/item data (and it would be similarly trivial for me to write one to dump the same information from the ROM)

it won't be part of the randomizer but i intend to write some utility that can reinsert this data

you could also probably fix the affected data yourself in the appropriate chapter unit editor

Edited by CT075

Oh come on cam, you can't honestly expect someone to take three seconds to fix something themselves! That defies the purpose of having someone else do it for you!

Stupid old cam.

Anyway I'm gonna do a bunch of bugfixes maybe later today if I get the time. New college quarter just started so I'm trying to get used to that.