CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 Will require a fix patch and more settings than FE7, mainly for adding monster promotions, a monster promotional item, things of that sort. Not to mention a setting that cuts monsters out of the randomization or selects them only.

Fix Patch V0.73 is up! It's nothing major, just really tiny fixes. If you have a rom going already you don't even need to upgrade. I didn't fix Lucius stats because TBH I'm not sure how I want to do that yet without making him worthless when you first actually get him.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/Randomizer%20Shit/Fix%20Patch%20V0.73.ups

Edit: I think I'm gonna get started soon on that FE8 Fix Patch.

Edited by Klok

That doesn't sound doable or fun.

Well if it were just moving around which text entries are used and which units are paired I'd say "do it fgt it's only hard if u suk" but even if you achieved that novel accomplishment the result would be especially boring and stupid. Still, that's the "doable" part at least. Who knows maybe you could get bored and write a simple generator for chat bot-esque support dialogue.

• 3 weeks later...

well i got off my lazy ass for once

Version 0.3

2014.04.25 - ver 0.3 released. Ability to randomize FE6/FE8 item stats

included. Optimizations to reduce data loading overhead (somewhat).

Added code to scan the name of any loaded file and detect "fe6", "fe7" or

"fe8" and set the game mode appropriately.

Put shortly, you can now randomize your item stats in FE6 and FE8! Also, if your file name has "FE#" in the header, you won't have to deal with that annoying "game fe7" nonsense anymore (this is really just an intermediary step while I make it check the ROM header). It also should run slightly faster.

Edited by CT075

I played the randoitems FE8, and here's what I noticed:

In the description, Moulder's Heal Staff says it has a range of 3-10, but only heals adjacent ranges. I don't have any pics, but I could go back and get them if required. EDIT: http://i.gyazo.com/87a0df69d411f8bfceb1c6d129276c80.png is the description, and http://i.gyazo.com/e9fe0d69c2df266385e46ecb9aa60a8e.png is the staff in usage.

When FE8 class randomization is implemented, something will have to be done about Ross and Garcia; it's hard enough getting Ross alive amid a storm of balistae Iron Axes, but if you don't have a flier, gg. Colm's level might need to be edited for more door keys as well.

Anarchy mode really is anarchy.

EDIT:
eb477004552d8fa217c267423423b5c7.png

Also, Fix Patch 0.72 is very, very applied. Repeatedly. Erk and Serra also retained their past weapon ranks.

DOUBLE EDIT:
f3ed4f15299c4c6f70495e811a45ec76.png
I'm starting to wonder why my Fix Patch isn't working; I musta applied it wrong.

Edited by Flame Emblem

Current version of fix patch in OP#2 is 0.73, not 0.72. It's a minor change from 0.72 so it might not fix your issues but it's worth mentioning that you're not using the newest patch.

I still have to play through the game all the way sometime and see how character stats are balanced.

Also, Nils shouldn't be being randomized in the first place. Not sure what's going wrong. You are applying the patch, THEN randomizing, right?

Edited by Klok

Yeah, I applied, then randomized. I downloaded v0.73 and applied to fe7.gba, and the weapons thing went away. Haven't made it to Nils's chapter again yet.

On a related note (related because I keep on discovering there's always some 3-10 broken weapon a couple chapters in and can't get to Nils), is it possible for the dump command to put the item and character names into the unitdata.txt and itemdata.txt so that I don't have to open Nightmare literally every time to preview the Iron weapons? If it is difficult, then by all means, I understand, but if its super easy on your side it could save me (and possible others?) work.

it's on the drawing board (if i had my way it'd be able to read off of one of the nightmare module lists) but i'm a) busy with other things at the moment and b) trying to reconcile pretty output with an ability to reinsert the data, potentially with modifications (which is also on the drawing board)

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say that I've been checking this subforum every single day for potential news about FE8 reclass. I know it's hard as hell, I just want to express how super excited I would be about it. ^_^

Howdy, for Mac users path = r'data\%s\%s.json' % (ver.NAME, key) should be path = r'data/%s/%s.json' % (ver.NAME, key). Other than that this works beautifully and is awesome. Also, is 'apply' also supposed to create the r_fe7.gba or is it just 'close' that does that? Apply doesn't seem to do anything (on the mac.)

Is there a way to capitalize the first s of shoes? That's really bugging me. Nevermind, I was referring to my screen name, figured it out.

Edited by OCShoes

close creates the new file; apply doesn't actually do anything visible (it technically applies the "patch" to the ROM data, but the data still hasn't been written to a file)

i also have no idea what you mean by shoes

Edited by CT075