CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I want to say very good job on this guys. I'm getting close to endgame (chapter 26 hector) and this has brought a bit of hilarity and freshness to FE7 for me. Beyond a few issues (noted below) I'm immensely enjoying myself and am looking forward to the Fe8 reclass that's upcoming. That being said, here are some bugs that I've noticed, and some opinions. I believe most of these deal with the Fix Patch of Klok's and not the randomizer itself, but you two probably know better than me. Note that I was using V0.74 of the patch and V0.3 of the randomizer.

Bugs:

Heaven Seal does not work on at least some Lords. (Note: I have only tried to use one on my Farina who is Hector's lord class in Hector's quest, so I don't know if it's just his class that won't upgrade because of plot scripting or if it's the Heaven Seal itself. I have gotten Eliwood's class to upgrade through an Earth Seal, but I haven't tried Eliwood's or Lyn's classes with the Heaven Seal yet, nor Hector's class with an Earth Seal yet.)

Brigands upgrade with Hero Crest. (Opinion: I like this, as Ocean Seals are hard enough to come by as it is)

Axe users always use the throwing animation, no matter what kind of axe they're using.

Possibly somewhat related to above, the use of the Wolf Beil with the hector lord class freezes the game.

Any combat involving Generals is done on the overworld map, it appears to not have any animations.

Animation wise Isadora is still a Paladin, but on the map she's whatever she's been randomed to.

Vaida can't use her Uberspear when she's an enemy, she only has C rank in lances instead of the B rank required.

The Emblem Bow is not supereffective against fliers.

Opinions:

Make a few more instances of Ocean Seals, make them cheaper in that secret shop, or let thieves/pirates/corsairs upgrade with the Earth Seal. Having a Pirate and 3 Thieves in my run so far it's quite frustrating that not getting that variant of chapter 22/23 has made 3 units unusable for me, one of which is Eliwood and another lvl20 thief whom I've spent a lot of time on.

I mentioned it in bugs, but leave brigands upgrading with a Hero Crest, it just creates much less of an Ocean Seal burden, which is large enough already.

Buff up Pent. I think the two of these are related, but Sage Pent in the desert chapter has terrible stats and I know on the list of changes it had "nerf prepromotes" and listed him. While I agree with the sentiment it makes the desert chapter extremely difficult as he dies half the time on turn 1 or 2, way before I can even get fliers over to him.

Good feedback, I'll see what I can do about all of that.

Axe users always use the throwing animation, no matter what kind of axe they're using.

Without this, anyone who uses the weapon randomizer will break the game when using axes. This is a precaution for those people. The wolf beil thing is definitely a glitch though. I'll look into it.

Any combat involving Generals is done on the overworld map, it appears to not have any animations.

/Makesanote

Animation wise Isadora is still a Paladin, but on the map she's whatever she's been randomed to.

Thought I fixed that... /makesanote

The Emblem Bow is not supereffective against fliers.

I think it's effective against a different class set. I'll try and edit that though or at least make the description reflect what it affects.

Vaida can't use her Uberspear when she's an enemy, she only has C rank in lances instead of the B rank required.

That's definitely on Camtech's end IIRC.

Buff up Pent. I think the two of these are related, but Sage Pent in the desert chapter has terrible stats and I know on the list of changes it had "nerf prepromotes" and listed him. While I agree with the sentiment it makes the desert chapter extremely difficult as he dies half the time on turn 1 or 2, way before I can even get fliers over to him.

Aside from buffing Pent, any other prepromotes need a nerf/buff in your opinion?

Also, I think Fix Patch V0.73 is the newest patch, so did you mean that patch?I don't think I've released a 0.74 yet... xD

You should definitely link Vaida's class to her later class IMO. She may be a boss but she's also a playable.

No idea how to handle the fact that she's supposed to be way stronger as a boss and have the uber spear. No idea at all.

Klok,

You're completely right, it is 0.73 for the patch, whoops.

The weird thing with Pent is that while my NPC Sage Pent was terribad, to the point of the desert level being frustrating, my recruited Wyvern Lord Pent is actually very good. So I really don't know what's up with that.

Isadora and Marcus are fine, not too OP or UP. Louise is a bit underpowered, although she randomed to Knight Lord so that might be effecting it a bit. Hawkeye is fine, lackluster compared to my other berserkers but that was always the case. And yes, he got randomed to a berserker for me. Oh, and he's also still using his custom berseker animation, not the generic one. I haven't gotten to any other prepromotes yet.

Using some old savestates I quick checked and my hector lord class Farina is able to use an Earth Seal to class change, so it appears as though the Heaven Seal just isn't working at all.

Oh, and I think you know this already, but many of the male units are being randomed to their female counterparts. Ex: Instead of a mercenary my Hector is a Sellsword.

Using some old savestates I quick checked and my hector lord class Farina is able to use an Earth Seal to class change, so it appears as though the Heaven Seal just isn't working at all.

Heaven Seals just don't work on the main lord's class, I think, so if you're playing HM, you can still use it on Eliwood/Lyn lords.

Yeah promotion items are tied to class, not character. Hector as a wyvern doesn't promote with the heaven seal, he uses the elysian whip. Meanwhile, bartre as Eliwood Lord uses the heaven seal.

Y'see?

Oh, and I think you know this already, but many of the male units are being randomed to their female counterparts. Ex: Instead of a mercenary my Hector is a Sellsword.

What, are you some kind of sexist? But seriously, that's fine and we have no intention of altering that.

Edit: All this talk of prepromotes using their custom animations... My patch really fixes all of that. I have no idea why things are still using custom anims :/

Edited by Klok

I just need to assign an effectiveness pointer to it then. And yes, they're just high-use iron weapons, though I think my fix patch tweaked their stats almost imperceptibly, something like -10 less hitrate and +1 MT? Idr. It's been a while.

When I try to randomize something, I keep getting this error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\FE7\\weapons.json'
On a mac. I was able to open up the rom no problem. I type in help, and this is all I get:

"You can 'open' a ROM, set the 'game' mode, 'close' (save) your ROM, 'reset' data or 'quit' the program."

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but whatever.

Howdy, for Mac users path = r'data\%s\%s.json' % (ver.NAME, key) should be path = r'data/%s/%s.json' % (ver.NAME, key).

you can find this line by opening "rdata.py" in your text editor of choice

it's a quirk about path names that i'm gonna see if i can't phase out

Edited by CT075

Little bit of a stealth update; I've finally gotten around to swapping to python 3. I've actually been sitting on this for a while, since I don't have anything else substantial in this release (the mechanisms for FE6 and FE8 randomization are there, I've just been too lazy to get the relevant data necessary), but I figured that, while I'm updating my doc anyway, I may as well notify people.

Keep in mind that any releases past 0.3 will continue to use python 3.x

Python 3.4.1 I decided to uninstall and try the 2.x versions of the program as well by installing the older versions of python. While the window pops up and lets me enter commands it doesn't seem to actually apply anything even if I use the script.

I have the files included in the most recent version of the randomizer with the rom in the same directory. It seems to have much less files than the Python 2 version. I renamed the rom fe7.gba. I click on run and the command prompt opens up. I type in open fe7.gba and it just closes. It automatically closes if I enter help as well.

fml i forgot to package the release properly

I'm not sure why it would be crashing on trying to open; it works perfectly well on my side.

This link should have the proper files needed to actually randomize, though if you can't even open the ROM that's problematic

Can you open run.py with a cmd prompt (or terminal if you're on a mac) then tell me what errors pop up?