How to use the rom patches

KrazyAsian808

Hey guys I've been wondering how do you load the patches for fire emblem games? I really want to get a hack rom patch for either Sacred stones or even Blazing Sword. I have a mac laptop and I use the Openemu as a emulator.

It depends which hack you're trying to do. If it's a UPS file, then you need to use something like NUPS to patch it which is Windows only, as far as I know. IPS sometimes requires a program like LunarIPS which is, once again, Windows-only. I'm not sure of any OSX patchers, unfortunately.

Edited by Agro

something like NUPS to patch it which is Windows only

NUPS was implemented in C# which is made cross platform due to wide support for its byte code format by the many RTEs distributed for it. "Mono" may be involved in the case of a Mac user; I don't really know how things go on their end except that it should be possible for them to use NUPS.

Of course, the one implementation for the JFP format is written in Java and is thus also cross platform, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest it is a superior format than UPS and pretty much none to refute that.