MadGenius

Hello everyone!

I've been getting to know my way around both Nightmare and FEeditor lately, and all my practices and experiments have been going smoothly so far. However, there has been one little blip that I have been unable to resolve yet. I have attempted to reintroduce Axe Paladins back into Sacred Stones, and that has worked fine so far. I have gone into Custom Battle Animation Editor with Nightmare, and made an entry for Paladins with all three weapon types. Following what the Ultimate Guide says, I then take the hexadecimal value that the custom animation set is located at, and then paste it in the box in the Class Editor for animations. Therein lies the problem. The Sacred Stones module, rather than having an entry box for the hex value, has a drop down list, which lists all the already existing animations, but doesn't allow for any other spaces. Is there some way to expand this list, or perhaps replace one entry in the list to point instead to the custom animation offset?

If this is not possible (which I suspect is the case), I do possess a Hex Editor, but I have almost no experience using it, and my attempts to have so far given me no results. Would someone kindly explain how to replace one set of animations (Specifically the default Paladin animations) with another set (specifically the custom set) without screwing everything up? Thank you in advance.

Are you sure the dropdown doesn't let you enter a custom value?

it's FEditor1 btw

References

1. a Hextator. Serenes Forest Forums. 2014-04-20. Retrieved 2014-04-20.

Edited by Kaname

100% sure. It only gives me a list from 0x88AEFD8 (Ephriam lord animation) to 0x88AF6E0 (Super Pupil animation), with no blank spaces anywhere, even after the last entry. It doesn't let me input anything at all. I've only had this problem with the FE8 module, FE7's has a proper input box.

I recall coding something in Nightmare 2.0 that displays the value that was there even if it's not a value that's in the list, but I don't remember if I actually made it so you could change the value to whatever you wanted as well. Presumably I did, simply because I know myself as "that one guy who doesn't write shitty code", but this was years ago so who knows what my standard for "shitty" was then?

Actually, I just tested it and it works fine. So I guess quit using that old version of Nightmare and upgrade to 2.0?

People have complained that this community does a crap job of updating their tools. No one is going to bother updating them if no one will use them, though, and what this community is worse at is using the latest versions of what they have in the first place.

Edited by Kaname

I recall coding something in Nightmare 2.0 that displays the value that was there even if it's not a value that's in the list, but I don't remember if I actually made it so you could change the value to whatever you wanted as well. Presumably I did, simply because I know myself as "that one guy who doesn't write shitty code", but this was years ago so who knows what my standard for "shitty" was then?

Actually, I just tested it and it works fine. So I guess quit using that old version of Nightmare and upgrade to 2.0?

People have complained that this community does a crap job of updating their tools. No one is going to bother updating them if no one will use them, though, and what this community is worse at is using the latest versions of what they have in the first place.

I've actually seen people recommend the first version and not to use 2 before :/

it's serviceable but is... unintuitive and more than a touch more "clunky" to use (not being able to use a mouse wheel to scroll through menu options, for example)

That sounds more like an issue with swing, but either way you'll have to show me because I don't recall the mouse wheel giving me any trouble except perhaps in the editor panel, where it scrolls unusually slow (which is why I just drag the scroll bar myself).

it might be a computer-specific issue (it doesn't work for me, and I've had others tell me that as well) or it could just be swing being dumb

i generally just find nightmare 2's interface frustrating for reasons i can't really describe