Yume Nikki Mafia - Day 3

Prims

well IMO Marth was already pretty clear from the entire game's PoV, and eclipse...well, she was looking townie regardless of Randa's claim.

I was genuinely surprised by kay's efforts.

Also again, I'm sorry for losing it

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[3:16:26 PM] Scum Buddy: i was gonna say we should work on game of throws

[3:16:27 PM] Scum Buddy: ;_;

[3:17:28 PM] Refactor: hahahaha

[3:17:28 PM] Refactor: clearly describing yummi nikki mafia IMO

Edited by Refa

I dunno. Randa tried something. I give him a high-five for getting his feet wet and trying to throw town off, especially this early in his career.

Mitsuki, seriously, I did everything I could think of. I made every argument that I thought was likely to do any good, despite just having gotten off work AND not having PC access. I deliberately shut up when I didn't think there was more to say to reduce town's discussion by not letting them debate my arguments. Even continuing to post would have been a better strategy, it's hardly justified to compare me to Randa

You're not the same as Randa, Randa plainly gave up and you tried for a while. Sorry if it seemed like I thought about both of you in the same way, since I definitely don't.

To be honest, I don't know what I would have done if I had been the one to get outed by roles.

Clearing people by Randa's "gambit" was bad. As Refa has said Randa could have put one of his scumbuddies and a townie in the list, which would make as much sense as putting two townies there. I think the right thing to do was to ignore it.

Note to myself: I need to listen to my gut when it tells me that people randomly saying "hey I don't get this wagon he seems pretty town to me" without saying why is suspicious. Kay and Refa both did it to me lol.

Also once again more than half my reads were wrong, go me

Although I guess I read Marth and Shin as town correctly, so maybe not all is lost

ftr, the reason I never claimed ascetic is the self-watcher attached to it. I felt that learning who tried to target me was worth the potential roleblocks, if just to help my own reads.

Honestly, I thought the wagon on you was pretty dumb, but as town I would probably have explained that more in greater detail.

Note to myself: I need to listen to my gut when it tells me that people randomly saying "hey I don't get this wagon he seems pretty town to me" without saying why is suspicious. Kay and Refa both did it to me lol.

Also once again more than half my reads were wrong, go me

Although I guess I read Marth and Shin as town correctly, so maybe not all is lost

ftr, the reason I never claimed ascetic is the self-watcher attached to it. I felt that learning who tried to target me was worth the potential roleblocks, if just to help my own reads.

I claimed because I knew whoever would target me would mostly be suspicious townies. I don't know many scum roles that target others during the night unless it's a killing action.

I claimed because I knew whoever would target me would mostly be suspicious townies. I don't know many scum roles that target others during the night unless it's a killing action.

My train of thought behind not claiming is similar to yours for claiming, actually. Precisely because I can't think of terribly many non-hooker scum roles that visit other people without killing them, I felt like the self-watcher part was kind of a passive mini-cop to myself. That's what I meant by "helping my own reads".

Also, there was, in theory, the possibility of seeing a claimed vanilla visit me, unlikely as it might have been.

In all honesty, I thought Eli or Shinori were the last scum. I'm pretty chuffed I didn't get lynched D1, I tried to make a massive effort D1 to post more frequently. D2 kinda ended too quickly for me to say anything, as did D3.

was a good game. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the fact that towards the end it felt like no one was having fun at all but that isn't anyones fault,

Just managed to read through the backlog of what happened.

First of all, sorry to Shinori on D1. That Shin comment came at a REALLY bad time when I'd already been really depressed and basically crying all day (and maybe the day before) over stuff related to IRL but it didn't help my mood to hear it. Apologies to anyone else I may have pissed off.

Kind of glad that my Shin and Scarlet town reads were correct, so many people piling up on them was really making me second guess myself and my own scum reading skills. Also, Refa, you were actually townier than Randa upon first glance. Just … I think you got unlucky because I tend to not want to lynch people who either don't have a lot of content or are still relatively new to mafia (or both) and when I decided to go back and reread a few ISOs you stuck out the most. Also, shout out to Kay who I feel played really well. Totally would not have suspected her as mafia if it weren't for Marth's report.

Edited by Sangyul

Well. . .this is the first game in forever where I wasn't mad at anyone, so whee!

The concept was interesting, except for the part where Manix invalidated my role on N2. :cry: I liked being able to focus more on the day interactions than the night ones, and I had fun during D3. If I offended anyone, my apologies~! I don't play mafia to tick people off IRL!