So Falcon Knights And The Online Shop

Jotari

So Nintendo's servers are going down in less than a week which means no more online Shadow Dragon. I never managed to get an internet connection that my fussy DS didn't reject for some reason so I never managed to get any of the goodies from the online shop (though I do dream of forged Brave Weapons). This means I never got a chance to get a Falcon Knight in Shadow Dragon. So I was just wondering what's the point of Falcon Knights? Wyvern Knights are one of the best classes in the game already. Do Falcon Knights compare? Why did they include them and no alternate promotions? They could have split the Pegasus and Wyvern classes up. Then Minerva could have been a usable first tier character.

And another thing, did they bring back the online shop and Elysian Whip in New Mystery? And can the emulator mimic the online shop in anyway?

You're right about Elysian Whips being in FE12's story, but FE12 does have an online shop. It's just not as awesome since you can get every item in the main story.

Though if you want to keep the Starsphere, you'll want the Brave weapons from the online shop.

Anyway, I dunno if the online shop can be mimicked. All the data is already there on the cart, so I don't see why not. But you don't really need to, since cheat codes/hacks are superior.

Edited by VincentASM

You're right about Elysian Whips being in FE12's story, but FE12 does have an online shop. It's just not as awesome since you can get every item in the main story.

Though if you want to keep the Starsphere, you'll want the Brave weapons from the online shop.

Anyway, I dunno if the online shop can be mimicked. All the data is already there on the cart, so I don't see why not. But you don't really need to, since cheat codes/hacks are superior.

Cheat codes and hacks feel like cheating and hacking. I'd use the shop purely because it was a designed part of the game and thus something I know should be accessible (even if it is a pointless restriction that has screwed me over these past five years).

• 10 months later...

Damn... I did not even know, you can get Falcon Knights via WiFi in FE11.

Ehm, I didn't know this either.

I'm quite far into FE12, and all of the sudden obtained an Elysian Whip. I was like "oh no Catria is already a Dracoknight promoted her without thinking!!!! HALP". I guess I will just have to live with it this playthrough. I'm very fond of high resistance units, but I guess my Linde and Yumina can do the job for now.

You're right, dracoknights are much better of Falcons. Then why the seconds are everywhere in FE11-FF12?

Because these games are just the remakes of some of the first games of the saga, when balancing was more messed up.

In fact in the other games (FE4-FE10; FE13) Falcon knights are everywere and easy to get, instead of dracos who are rare.

Falcons are good in FE12 where people have good growths and it has a higher speed cap than Draco, which is important in modes like lunatic, Maniac, etc.

Not really as Dracoknight double reliably until late midgame and then they can reclass too palies or SMs for the higher speed caps

FalcoKnight are an overall worse class for most peggys par catria/shiida/the red cav

Edited by TTPK_Tal

yeah, you should try to use Falcoknight!Catria, she's really strong in that class and clearly better than as a Dracoknight if you play on a higher mode. It's not like necessary or anything but it's definitely handy.

Edited by Gradivus.

Hmph. Now hitting chapter 22. Draco Catria is performing wonderfully so far. Next playthrough I have a wonderful excuse to use two peggy knights and promote each of m differently. : ]

I recall Draco!Catria, while being serviceable, typically lagging behind sirius, palla and, depending on class, MU; though it can happen that she makes the push statwise early on and gets the C3 seal to do what Palla or MU usually does (flying over maps and throwing axes and nukes at enemies). My point stands though, FK still is a good class in FE12 and Catria is one of the best options for it, but it's obvious that various other units can do it well too.

oh and this thread is a tad old l_o_l

Edited by Gradivus.

it honestly depends on the difficulty. falcoknight is only particularly better than draco when you need that 2 extra speed on the cap to actually double stuff with the starsphere, or can't get ORKOs without a devil sword.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you use one of those Fake Emulated Wi-Fi servers I've heard about to trick the game into thinking the shop is still online? Maybe even use them to store characters? I know the shop had to do with the time the server was set to.

This sounds interesting. Is it like the pokemon hacking? So the game will think someone traded that pokemon to you by "hacking" the IP Coding?