Hyrule Warriors to have Multiplayer

Jedi

Also a stripper-iffic villainess. Team Ninja, I thought they kicked you out after Other M!

Edited by Knight

FINALLY, some news about this.

Nevertheless, the features there were a given from the get go, considering the game play features already present in Dynasty Warriors. But what REALLY sticks out to me is the thought of Link using a spear lol

Well, since it was Omega Force, more playable characters was an absolute given, but multiplayer, while not surprising, is still neat.

Looking somewhat forward to getting it on whichever region of Wii U I get first.

Also a stripper-iffic villainess. Team Ninja, I thought they kicked you out after Other M!

Ah, er... since Team Fail is a part of Koei, we can't escape. This is one of the FEW reasons I'm thankful that Fire Emblem Warriors didn't happen. Omega Force or bust.

I ponder what kind of BS DLC Koei has lined up for this game though...

Edited by Soledai

I'm a little surprised they gave Impa a big sword. Aren't sheikah's supposed to be ninja-like people?

Anyway I'm happy with most of the stuff i'm hearing about the game. I had been thinking that Link would be the only playable character that changed his moveset, depending on his weapons. Good to hear there are others as well.

That villain is so ugh. Do not want. I guess Veran was technically just as fanservicey but her game was GBC so you couldn't tell. Apparently this villain's deal is she kidnaps Zelda because she's jealous of her close relationship with Link. -_- I will try to reserve judgment as I'm not even sure that's official, but between that design and that motive I'd almost rather they hadn't bothered with a story.

Other M was Sakamoto's (i.e. one of the creators of the series) fault, not Team Ninja's. I'm pretty sure Sakamoto said Other M's version of Samus was more in line with the "correct" vision for her character and that he wanted to dispel misconceptions about Samus' personality (I guess he meant misconceptions that she was awesome and badass). Needless to say, if Other M didn't kill Metroid altogether, I'm probably going to avoid buying new games in the series unless Retro makes them.

However, I'm no fan of "Ivy Valentine in a silly hat" or whatever her name is. Especially the whole "generic jealous b****" motivation she has for being evil.

Where do you get these informations about the story from? From the linked Famitsu site maybe? Either way, that would be a disappointing plot for such a grand scale war scenario.

I got it from the Zelda Wiki, which got their info from a Japanese Language page that I can't translate because the text is in an image:

From the Zelda Wiki page for Hyrule Warriors (http://zeldawiki.org/Hyrule_Warriors):

At the center of this trouble is Shia, the witch tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. Although once a good person, Shia came to harbor affections for a certain knight-in-training, which in turn transformed into jealousy towards the Princess Zelda for being able to be with him.

From the character's own page on the wiki (http://zeldawiki.org/Shia):

Although a good person at heart, she comes to harbor serious affections for Linkwhich in turn becomes deep-seated jealousy directed towards Princess Zelda. Shia then becomes possessed by a dark force. This leads to her waging war on the kingdom alongside her companions Valga and Wizro.

Shia has a very strong sense of self, being clear about what she wants and displays an unusually aggressive and provocative personality. While she desires the world itself, above that she desires Link, wanting to make him hers

The image from the Japanese website, in case you can read Japanese: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/character_shia.html

Edit: Copying and pasting from the Zelda Wiki does weird things with the format. It will probably be easier to read if you go to the wiki pages I linked yourself

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Thanks a lot.

I guess it's good to read that this clown is not the main villain. I'm surprised we already know this much. That seems like the sort of twist that gets revealed near the end of the game, when the main villain takes the stage and reveals that he was behind everything all along and was just using her.

Still, this all looks painfully predictable. If she is possessed and said to have been good, then I would expect that she will eventually get struck down by the bigger villain, leading into her death scene which results in her dropping apologizing to Link, taking of her mask and confessing her love with her last breath, making both Link and Zelda terrible sad. But who knows?

Edited by BrightBow

Not really that surprising, Dynasty Warriors has done this for a long time. It doesn't say anything about online, but I imagine it would be since 7/8 had that.

Edited by Tryhard

Impa is looking good.

Also you can't really call team Ninja Team Fail. Considering outside of Other M (which wasn't totally them anyways) and Ninja Gaiden 3 they do solid jobs on games. Sure they may be more fanservicy but who cares its a video game.

I'm hyped as hell, I just purchased a Wii U too. At the right time it seems :) Some Mario and Sonic stuff available. Now this and of course Smash. Mario Kart. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 etc

It wasn't even Team Ninjas fault for ruining Samus. It was ironically the co-creator of Metroid, Sakamoto that pushed the stupid character choices in that game. Team Ninja is good at getting their crap together and developing games. It's really the directors that screw things up (ie Ninja Gaiden 3 got a rerelease called Razer's Edge that fixed all the issues with the original cause the director was a dumb dumb)

Impa is looking good.

Also you can't really call team Ninja Team Fail. Considering outside of Other M (which wasn't totally them anyways) and Ninja Gaiden 3 they do solid jobs on games. Sure they may be more fanservicy but who cares its a video game.

I'm hyped as hell, I just purchased a Wii U too. At the right time it seems :) Some Mario and Sonic stuff available. Now this and of course Smash. Mario Kart. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 etc

Not sure what you mean by that

Looks cool, regardless, good to see they're making use of old/cool characters. I hope Impah's good and tall like I remember, and that Zelda does actually end up playable.

Looks cool, regardless, good to see they're making use of old/cool characters. I hope Impah's good and tall like I remember, and that Zelda does actually end up playable.

All I was implying was that people shouldn't be bothered by fan service in a video game, I honestly find it silly and a waste of time when people whine about it

If games matter enough to you that you waste valuable lifetime to talk about them on an internet forum, then I think you could talk about more trivial things then the main antagonist looking so much like a joke that you wish to see them upstaged by the bigger villain as early as possible rather then at the end of the second act as it would normally be the case.

Anyway I wonder if this Warriors game allows both players to select the same character. I was hoping that this game could work as a bit of a Four Swords substitute.

Edited by BrightBow

I believe that was to me about my Team Fail comment, nevertheless I have my reasons for not liking Team Ninja, and while appearances may somewhat bother me, I wouldn't dare waste my precious time being upset by it, but I'm sure as hell not gonna like it if I don't like it.

Anyway I wonder if this Warriors game allows both players to select the same character. I was hoping that this game could work as a bit of a Four Swords substitute.

If I recall, only Samurai Warriors doesn't allow that, you could certainly do it in Dynasty Warriors, haven't tried in DW 7 or 8 though... because I though the same thing, or they'll make his other costumes DLC

I'm surprised to hear that Dynasty Warriors allows this. I would have expected that the individual Warriors games have the same standard in that regard.

Before the reveal that there would be different playable characters I would have expected that everyone gets to play Link, with the diversity coming from different items and weapons that can be used. But I guess that at this point everything goes.

Come to think of it, if we have both several PCs and the ability to choose entirely different weapons for Link, then I wonder if the other characters can also use them. And if that also means that by extension every characters plays the same with just the attached numbers being different.

Edited by BrightBow

I think it was just the earlier DW games I maybe be wrong, been quite a while since I've played a DW that wasn't 8... Though now in DW, you can use any weapon on any character.

I'm thinking Link will have multiple move sets with different weapons and other characters will be using a weapon or two but maybe different styles.

I'm tempted to get this game. Normally, I don't care for Zelda games since I really dislike exploration and open world games due to me getting stuck/lost a lot (especially with the puzzles in dungeons), but the heavier focus on action, getting stuck due to exploration/puzzle solving reasons being a non-existant issue, plus two player co-op being available in this game is making me want to get this. The fact that the playable cast will be quite big also appeals to me quite a lot.

GoNintendo has been posting quite a lot of news and screenshots of the game. I thought I should link to this particular article:

The following info comes from general producer Hisashi Koinuma, producer Yosuke Hayashi and Eiji Aonuma...

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” - Aonuma

- Aonuma had no special requests for specific characters to appear in the game
- Aonuma believes his team would be mad if he asked them to match the amount of characters Hyrule Warriors in his next Zelda game
- characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style
- weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented
- the fire rod you see in the trailer isn't from the Zelda series
- weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests.
- the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all playable characters
- boss fights will have a Warriors touch
- there will be instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss
- strategically use items that can be found around stages to take on the boss

Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

Aonuma: “I believe it’s safe to say that this title was born as one of the answers from thinking of a new The Legend of Zelda game. By all means, we’d love to have as many people possible enjoy this game.”

These two points in particular stand out to me quite a lot:

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” - Aonuma
- the fire rod you see in the trailer isn't from the Zelda series

Do you think this means we'll be getting non-Zelda characters in Hyrule Warriors as guest playable characters? I don't know much about the Dynasty Warriors series, but if the fire rod is from the Dynasty Warrior games, then we may be potentially be getting playable Dynasty Warriors characters in Hyrule Warriors. If the fire rod isn't from the Dynasty Warrior games, the only other game I can think of that has one that would fit the Zelda/Dynasty Warriors universes is Mystery of Murasame Castle which is the sister game of Zelda, similar to how Kid Icarus is the sister game of Metroid.

Do you think this means we'll be getting non-Zelda characters in Hyrule Warriors as guest playable characters? I don't know much about the Dynasty Warriors series, but if the fire rod is from the Dynasty Warrior games, then we may be potentially be getting playable Dynasty Warriors characters in Hyrule Warriors. If the fire rod isn't from the Dynasty Warrior games, the only other game I can think of that has one that would fit the Zelda/Dynasty Warriors universes is Mystery of Murasame Castle which is the sister game of Zelda, similar to how Kid Icarus is the sister game of Metroid.

Dynasty Warriors games tend not to have guest characters, but one of its spinoffs, Warriors Orochi, has quite a few. Regardless, I haven't seen that fire rod in any Dynasty Warriors game/character that I know of, personally (I'm pretty sure it is from Zelda, though, which is strange why they would say elsewise.)

Warriors Orochi 3 is balling though and is just ridiculous mindless fun. It has something like 120+ characters, too. While I imagine this Zelda game won't have anywhere near that, it probably will have a decent amount. Dynasty Warriors 3, despite being a pretty early installment, had ~41 playable characters.

Dynasty Warriors games tend not to have guest characters, but one of its spinoffs, Warriors Orochi, has quite a few. Regardless, I haven't seen that fire rod in any Dynasty Warriors game/character that I know of, personally (I'm pretty sure it is from Zelda, though, which is strange why they would say elsewise.)

That Fire Rod is a Hyrule Warriors exclusive, that is based on the LoZ Fire Rod.

So you could say, that is Koei's version of the Fire Rod.

Though it doesn't say much for Hyrule Warriors, the first Samurai Warriors featured Lu Bu as your final opponent in the Abyss Survival Mode.

Unlikely though it is, if ANYTHING, if Hyrule Warriors were to feature a character from one of Koei's works, either Lu Bu or Ryu Hayabusa, either is fine with me

But I believe the best you'll get is costumes of Koei Tecmo characters... Zhao Yun, Ryu Hayabusa, or Xu Shu for Link to be specific. Samurai Warriors needs more love, I'd like to see some costumes from there as well.

But ah, yeah, my bet is on Tingle, because we need a gag character...who'll end being a Rupee farmer or something else outrageous.

Link having mulitple weapons was already confimed with the Fire Rod inclusion.

Edited by Soledai