This isn't possible

blah the Prussian

So, I was doing an online battle, and my scarfed Aerodactl was outsped by a gardvoir. I'm no expert, but I don't think that's possible. I don't know if this is a glitch or what, but please help me figure this out.

Maybe your Aerodactyl's speed IV and EV are crap.

Or maybe he used Trick Room and you didn't notice.

The game tells you when a Pokemon with the Quick Claw goes first.

Perhaps the Gardevoir had 31 Speed IVs, 252 Speed EVs, and a Choice Scarf while your Aerodactyl didn't have many IVs or EVs.

Did you use a low priority attack? Or did baton pass exist?

No none of those happened. Also, I had another battle today and Aerodactl got outsped by a Tyrantrum. I think Aerodactl's glitches.

what moves does your aerodactyl use

Roar, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw.

Could you upload the match?

I don't know how to upload matches. Also, I have a battle video saved of Aerodactl getting outsped by Arceus(damn uber-noobs)

first of all, FUCKING CALLED IT

second of all, Roar has negative priority, what it means is that it will go last regardless of speed

Well, shit. That sucks. My Aerodactl is now useless. Thanks for helping me figure it out.

Well, shit. That sucks. My Aerodactl is now useless. Thanks for helping me figure it out.

you could just replace roar with taunt and give it a focus sash for a really good lead

you could just replace roar with taunt and give it a focus sash for a really good lead

Roar was a main part of my team. I was going to set up spikes/stealth rocks and roar until the enemy was weakened. I suppose I can have a slow tank like Snorlax know roar.