Intelligent Systems is thinking about the next Advance Wars and Fire Emblem

cyron

Sounds like the usual PR talk, but it's nice to get some acknowledgement I guess?

Also, dunno about Advance Wars, but it's pretty unlikely they're not thinking about Fire Emblem right now. Especially after the success of Awakening, plus the 25th anniversary of the series is next year and Nintendo likes celebrating years with a 5 at the end.

Sounds like the usual PR talk, but it's nice to get some acknowledgement I guess?

Could be worse. Look at F-Zero, at least they think about a new Advance Wars/FE.

Edit: i don't want to go on a rant here, I'm just glad AW gets some kind of acknowledgment.

Edited by Assurhaddon

What I'm wondering is if the U.S will get the FE game in 2015 as well.

Because if the game comes out any time after June 2015 in Japan, we're probably getting it in the West come 2016.

At which point it won't be the 25th anniversary. :<

Not that it is in the West, though.

But still...

Have IS produced two games at once in recent times? I don't know if they can push a new FE by 2015 if they've been spending all this time on S.T.E.A.M.

If they do I'm really hoping they do the Pokemon route and start releasing internationally. The yearlong wait thing gets really annoying, and yeah we would miss the 25th anniversary.

I mean I can think of some really nice things NoA can do to make up for it but I would love getting the game at the same time as Japan just as much.

Ugh, I hope what that one fan is saying does NOT happen. That is to say, SMT x FE being more SMT than FE. I'm not saying I want more FE, despite how nice that would be, I just don't want too much of these "dark and twisted themes" this guy is talking about. I'm not into that stuff and I definitely don't want to see anything really gross and disturbing in the game. And I think it should represent both series equally. It's a crossover, so why should it focus more on one game than the other?

And of course, I'm always excited to hear about a new FE. Can't wait to see what IS has planned for it! ^^

Have IS produced two games at once in recent times? I don't know if they can push a new FE by 2015 if they've been spending all this time on S.T.E.A.M.

If they do I'm really hoping they do the Pokemon route and start releasing internationally. The yearlong wait thing gets really annoying, and yeah we would miss the 25th anniversary.

I mean I can think of some really nice things NoA can do to make up for it but I would love getting the game at the same time as Japan just as much.

Paper Mario Sticker Stars, Crashmo, and Fire Emblem Awakening were pretty much released in the same year in Japan. Even though it's same studio they have multiple teams so they can do it without any significant issues.

2004 was an amazing year for IS though.

Also, dunno about Advance Wars, but it's pretty unlikely they're not thinking about Fire Emblem right now. Especially after the success of Awakening, plus the 25th anniversary of the series is next year and Nintendo likes celebrating years with a 5 at the end.

Oh,man. Didn't realize this.

We've already had our FE1/3 remake, s-so FE2 next please?