2. 2. Most popular female?

• Sumia
    • Cordelia
    • Tharja
    • Olivia
    • Lucina
    • Nowi
    • Miriel

There are many polls show Tharja's popular. There's no question about that.

What those same polls show though, is that Lucina's more popular.

Just look at this poll. I think Tharja's popularity is lower than ever.

Stahl and Sumia, because I'm not fond of most of the female characters and Sumia is seriously underrated. Stahl simply because he gets a lot of hate because he's a trope, even though everyone in this game is. Plus he's always been good for me.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does simply being a lord automatically make a character a good character?

Makes them the most popular characters.

Stahl is awesome. He has no annoying gimmick, he's a pretty damn good unit, and he's all around an awesome guy.

Doesn't he like eating food a lot (well, I guess that's not annoying).

How does simply being a lord automatically make a character a good character?

It doesn't. It just makes them overrated as hell since they get the most screentime + the coolest cutscenes.

There are many polls show Tharja's popular. There's no question about that.

What those same polls show though, is that Lucina's more popular.

There's more potential for attachment for both males and females, while Tharja appeals mostly to the male audience.

Isnt Tharja only really that popular in Japan? From what i could see in the Western fandom is that shes not very well liked. (Her appearance not withstanding)

In terms of fanbase, which is what im assuming this thread is asking about, Lucina is by far the most popular female in the game. While Cordelia and Olivia are very popular, Lucina winds up in most fanart ive seen and is just really well loved. Its a no-brainer as to why. Shes a pretty solid character considering this game's story elements.

For the blokes, i see Chrom and Owain being a huge hit with the fandom. Henry is extremely popular too. My personal favorite is Virion and he just...doesnt get enough love from the fandom. (Libra is also fucking awesome)

I'm kinda sad that the only popular character I like is Cordelia... :(

And I agree, Florina, Virion doesn't get enough love. He's a favorite of mine too!

I'm not surprised Lucina is winning. I AM surprised Olivia isn't winning. She seemed most popular, for obvious reasons.

Not IMO, though. Her outfit kinda throws her off from the rest of the characters, and I never really liked her outfit to begin with. I prefer Cherche, who looks similar, but let's her hair down, and I just like that for some reason. Plus, she rides a FREAKING DRAGON INTO BATTLE!

Also, her wyvern's name is my fav female name. I dunno why...I just like it.

There was this huge tourney about it last year. First they picked which critical quote was the best among the character's, and then they compared the quote to other's and all that. Cynthia ended up winning with "This is the end, friend!"

Any poll about critical quotes that Lon'qu doesn't win is not a serious poll.

Isnt Tharja only really that popular in Japan? From what i could see in the Western fandom is that shes not very well liked. (Her appearance not withstanding)

Tharja is relatively popular in the west. Definitely not the most popular, but if most sites I've discussed this game are anything to go by, she's defintely got a sizeable enough fandom.

I attribute Tharja's perceived unpopularity to the very vocal Tharja haters on SF.

Tharja is relatively popular in the west. Definitely not the most popular, but if most sites I've discussed this game are anything to go by, she's defintely got a sizeable enough fandom.

I attribute Tharja's perceived unpopularity to the very vocal Tharja haters on SF.

IMO, she's way too dark and stalkerish for my taste. I can dig a girl with some dark thoughts, but I think it was the credits that say she used her curses ON HER CHILDREN (child)! Yeah, how about no.

I dunno. A lot of Tharja's fanart is either her being really stalker-ish and not in the fun way, or just plain explicit. So it seems to me, that any fanbase she has is 98% horny males. That other 2% being people who actually enjoy her character. Youtube, Gamefaqs, TVTropes, tumblr just dont seem to have as much dedication to Tharja or theres always arguments about her. So im not sure its just SF that has a Tharja hatedom.

I actually like her just fine, but thats because i like her morbid sense of humor and her character aesthetic including personality gibes well with me. Her treatment of Noire is extremely poorly handled as a character/story element. That should have been written in a much more serious tone. I attribute this to Awakening's not-so-great story/support elements. Tharja had a massive amount of potential to be a really interesting and deep character. Saddens me a bit that shes not.

Eastern fans just seem be a fan of that I suppose, but I think they like her more for her aesthetic (and how well her personality matches up with it, if that makes sense) rather than "waifu material."

I actually like her just fine, but thats because i like her morbid sense of humor and her character aesthetic including personality gibes well with me. Her treatment of Noire is extremely poorly handled as a character/story element. That should have been written in a much more serious tone. I attribute this to Awakening's not-so-great story/support elements. Tharja had a massive amount of potential to be a really interesting and deep character. Saddens me a bit that shes not.

I couldn't agree more. I honestly did enjoy her character, but the way she treated Noire was just plain awful (or the way they described how she treated her, at least). Hell, Tharja acts more motherly towards Nowi than Noire in their supports together.

Yeah, Tharja's apparent child abuse toward Noire could've been expanded and fleshed out better, but yet, there are quite a bit of elements in this game that could've been looked into more:

Virion's escape from Rosanne

Chrom's father

Future Past/Future of Despair

Walhart

The Chon'sin

FE13 is leaking with unexplored potential.

Yeah, Tharja's apparent child abuse toward Noire could've been expanded and fleshed out better, but yet, there are quite a bit of elements in this game that could've been looked into more:

Chrom's father

Walhart

The Chon'sin

Maybe they did that on purpose, and are leaving it to us, the fans, to determine what happened?

Well, if that is the case, that's a pretty sh*tty way to go at it. Seriously, it's nice to let us believe our dreams, but no one will ever be sure! Seriously, I was on the Fire Emblem wiki for about an hour trying to find out who Chrom's dad was! Virion's escape could have been aided thanks to Cherche and Minerva, but that doesn't explain why Gangrel thought it was a good idea to start a war with Ylisse if his intents were to bring the nations together to fight off Walhart (as said in his semi-support convo with Emmeryn). If you start a war, doesn't that kind of weaken EVERYBODY? Couldn't he have just warned the other nations about Walhart?

And EVEN SO, why did it take Walhart so long to get to Ylisse and Plegia? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Chrom's father

Walhart

The Chon'sin

I would have liked to learn more about Grima as well, but there's only so much you can stuff into a tiny cartridge.

Well, if that is the case, that's a pretty sh*tty way to go at it. Seriously, it's nice to let us believe our dreams, but no one will ever be sure!

Ah that's ... that's a terrible way of going about things lol. It's basically saying "we're too lazy to flesh things out so we leave it to you!" (Glances at Ubisoft)

Also, how about how Grima created two identical Morgans?

Or how Emmeryn survived the 9-story fall?

Or why she didn't try to get away in the chaos? It's not like anyone was watching her, and if they were, they would have killed her by then.

Or why nobody gave a second glance at the Outworld gate? I mean, they could have used it to reverse so many things...

Or why Grima didn't try to kill Lucina as a baby? Just blow the friggin' castle up, and POOF! She's gone!

*sigh* So many mysteries. Annnd I'm prob gonna get a lot of hate comments for this one.

She's an immortal. It's the only explanation.

She's an immortal. It's the only explanation.

Well, she is the "hardest to kill."

Also, how about how Grima created two identical Morgans?

Or why she didn't try to get away in the chaos? It's not like anyone was watching her, and if they were, they would have killed her by then.

Or why nobody gave a second glance at the Outworld gate? I mean, they could have used it to reverse so many things...

Or why Grima didn't try to kill Lucina as a baby? Just blow the friggin' castle up, and POOF! She's gone!

*sigh* So many mysteries. Annnd I'm prob gonna get a lot of hate comments for this one.

Better yet, why does absolutely no one in the entire story recognize the Exalted brand? Regna Ferox is one of the neighboring countries, yes? Shouldn't they be able to recognize the prince? Especially border patrol? I'm pretty sure a "my apologies" wouldn't suffice for nearly killing the prince... Cynthia, who could possibly be Chrom's daughter, has absolutely no idea what Chrom looks like but says she remembers him calling her "his pega pony princess." Emm lives in Regna Ferox after the war, apparently in peace, but would people not notice the supposed-to-be-dead "look at the brand on my forehead" queen walking around?
Yeesh, Chrom isn't wearing a one-sleeved onsie for nothing.

Well, she is the "hardest to kill."

Better yet, why does absolutely no one in the entire story recognize the Exalted brand? Regna Ferox is one of the neighboring countries, yes? Shouldn't they be able to recognize the prince? Especially border patrol? I'm pretty sure a "my apologies" wouldn't suffice for nearly killing the prince... Cynthia, who could possibly be Chrom's daughter, has absolutely no idea what Chrom looks like but says she remembers him calling her "his pega pony princess." Emm lives in Regna Ferox after the war, apparently in peace, but would people not notice the supposed-to-be-dead "look at the brand on my forehead" queen walking around?

Yeesh, Chrom isn't wearing a one-sleeved onsie for nothing.

True, if you I found out one of my guards tried to kill the prince of Ylisse, someone's getting fired!

Or how about why Lucina almost killed Chrom in chapter 4? I get that she beat Lon'qu to let Chrom win, but how come she can still kill him, then?

And why did Lucina leave Chrom seconds after she beat a couple of those Risen? She should have stayed with him to make sure he doesn't die! Instead, she waits until waaayyy later in the game to join him!

And can someone PLEASE tell me who gave her the f*cking mask!? The credits imply that Basilio gave it to her, but A-when would he have time to do that? She appears with it while she's going through the portal, so it's not like he gave it to her at Arena Ferox. And B-, in her support convo C with Gerome, she thanks him for lending her his mask!

Edited by eclipse
The third double-post I'm cleaning up

Omg. Everything Virion is wasted potential.

And can someone PLEASE tell me who gave her the f*cking mask!?

Gerome made that mask for Lucina. She simply came through the wormhole with it on and just fell in with Basilio. Basilio's ending simply lampshades Lucina's appearance in the Feroxi arena.

I dunno. A lot of Tharja's fanart is either her being really stalker-ish and not in the fun way, or just plain explicit. So it seems to me, that any fanbase she has is 98% horny males. That other 2% being people who actually enjoy her character. Youtube, Gamefaqs, TVTropes, tumblr just dont seem to have as much dedication to Tharja or theres always arguments about her. So im not sure its just SF that has a Tharja hatedom.

I won't deny a lot of people like Tharja for her looks, but 98%? That's really selling her short, specially considering how little Tharja fanservice is actually in-game.

I won't deny a lot of people like Tharja for her looks, but 98%? That's really selling her short, specially considering how little Tharja fanservice is actually in-game.

Dat fanart doe...