Help with some things (FE7)

Masterman

I still enjoy hacking this game after all these years, but I'm lost in FEeditor at times.

1. How can I replace certain classes? For example, if I wanted to get rid of the Monk class and replace it with..say, Ephraim's Lord class from FE8, how would I do that? I tried it before, but the animation never plays when I fight, so does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? It only seems to happen when I replace a magic class with a physical class.

2. How could I promote classes like the Female Thief or Brigand? Once they're in promoting range, no promotion items work.

3. How do I change character names and class names?

That's all the questions I have and if anyone can help me, I'd VASTLY appreciate it because I was thinking of doing something down the road but I'm completely lost. I've searched around but no one really has the problems that I do, so I broke down and am asking for advice. Thanks again.

1. You'll need to that through a program called Nightmare, where you can edit class details along with a wide array of things. You'll need to sort out the animations, assigning them to the class you intend to replace. This part's done in FEditor.

2. Again, this is done through Nightmare, I think it's in the class editor but don't quote me.

3. Use the Text Editor in FEditor, you'll need to find the class name which you want to replace. Mind you, it's mixed in with all the text in the game so it might take a while.

If there's anything else, feel free to ask. Hopefully somebody more competent will be able to answer the trickier stuff, GBA hacking is not my forte.