H3 Mid Tiers no DLC, no Mixed Class Sets and no Lunatic statboosters

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Cecille got some pretty bad level ups this time.

Yeah. Probably because the stats with her best growths are already capped :P

wtf 18 STR and SPD at level 12? That Barst is on some sort of 'roids.

Now that you say that, I took a look at Barst's average spd and he's average in Spd. Level 13 Barst averages 17.8 as Pirate, which can be rounded up to 18. Pretty good. I think he has +2 Str though,

wow go barst so bro

really good levels here lol

Yeah, about time Barst got back on track lol. The only unit that worries me atm is Linde. I don't think I can get her to 22 Spd for C15 Nosferatanking. :/

Edited by PJSalt

Ogma and Minerva not procing Str kills me inside. Marth's str looks abysmal as well.

Merric, Barst, and Cain are all looking pretty bro right now. Especially Cain, holy cow.

NOTES:

- Ah, right, high-level weapons in the arena produce funny results. This is what I do to Ellerean in drafts (replace Excaliblick with Thoron for similar results)

- "Fixing" Merric. . .brings something horrifying to mind. :P:

- Those flying pieces of crap with too much speed still scare me

- You're. . .going to promote Barst now. . .right? I think he earned it~!

I've been binging on these vids since I haven't watched since Chapter 4 and I have to say, amazing job, really. I'm incredibly impressed with how good your EXP spread is, and now I feel so inadequate for having any modicum of difficulty when using all the best units and rigging the shit out of levelups for half the game when you're getting by with relatively so-so levels on so-so characters. Your shard passing in chapter 9 was totally sick too, I vocally exclaimed how awesome it was when I was watching it.

However I do envision chapter 14 without a rescue staff will likely result in the really long boring sloggy strat, so see if you can prove me wrong.

Also, damn Arran managed to stick around for ages. What a badass.

PS: How confident are you in chapter 19 to Final with this team when you're going to be lacking in Rescue and Again uses? Do you reckon you'll be fine for money for statboosters and forges at the end, or do you expect to just have to rig crits with Regalia to make it?

Edited by Irysa

Sorry for the delay, Chapter 14 ain't easy :P. You get 2 chapters today :)

http://youtu.be/S2mqS_-h6rc

A pretty simple chapter. Marth makes his way to the Iote Shield chest with help from Feena, a bulky Sniper lures the Hand Axe Barbarian and Kleine while the rest of the units reveal and deal with the enemies hidden in the fog. I turned on animations so hitrates, damage and critrates are visible on Ryan, he barely hangs on with 1 HP, normally he would've had more Def but my Marth fails so he needed one of the Def shards to get the Iote Shield. The way fog of war works in this game is pretty cool. When a character moves, the path they traversed gets lit up too. This allows you to get rid of the enemies pretty easily if you move the right way.

Chapter 13x is completed in 2 turns

http://youtu.be/j2wKEaf1Urw

The hardest chapter in the run to tackle. There are lots of crit happy dragons, mages and thieves that are super hard to ORKO. I needed to obtain the Fortify quickly or I would've gotten overwhelmed pretty easily by the onslaught of enemies. There was only 1 unit that could get it in Turn 1 without a dance from Feena: Paladin Cain. He needed the Devil Sword to OHKO the Thief and send the Fortify staff to the convoy. Chance to backfire is 19% I think. Ryan needed a Killer Bow crit on the Ice Dragon he battled and Barst needed to hit with hand axe 4 times on the Enemy Phase. Turn 2 was really complicated because at first I didn't think my units would have enough offense to KO all those enemies in the following turn, but Linde and Barst's Dark Mage and Ice Dragon luring in Turn 1 made it possible. A lot of my units can't actually double Ice Dragons without the Scorpio Shard, so that was a bit annoying. Luckily, Ryan got blessed with 1 spd over his average last chapter. The strat with a Ryan and Ogma that have to share Scorpio for the first few turns would've differed a ton and they probably wouldn't have split. I probably would've needed Barst on the other side and I was very likely to need Killer Axe crits on Ice Dragons with Barst. I actually could've had Marth visit Gotoh in Turn 3 but that was way too overwhelming for the team to handle, believe me when I say I tried but it resulted in death no matter what.

That extra turn gives me an opportunity to get rid of the Ice Dragons/Dark Mages in the east and west halls before the reinforcements appear and makes the chapter possible to this team. I decided to skip the Swordslayer. It's a valuable weapon for sure, but I was already 10 turning, which is pretty slow so I didn't wanna make it even slower. I didn't use the Again Staff I just obtained because I need the charges for other, more difficult chapters (Chapter 14 is the hardest but by the time I can use Again there were no enemies so it was kinda unneeded in a sense). I always find it so trollish that Tiki is given to you after the dragon chapters are pretty much over until endgame. She would be sooooo much more useful if she was given to you in Chapter 14's beginning. At least you get Xane, I guess, who basically gives you a copy of your best unit. Someone asked me why I didn't allow Xane to stay with the team when technically he's copying mid tiers and he's only as good as the units he copies. The answer to that is: having a copy of your best unit is still a super ridiculously good ability. He's only allowed in this chapter due to the deployment rule. Anyway, now that this ridiculously tough chapter is done, I expect the game to be much kinder to Mid Tiers.

Chapter 14 is OVER and done, adios, goodbye, completed in 10 turns

Those pirate gains are ridiculous

Yeah, 30 str/spd growths is so good lol

whoa I thought you disappeared PKL.

'dat Barst so bro tho. Pirate gains man.

I did, for like a month, then I came back. :)

Ogma and Minerva not procing Str kills me inside. Marth's str looks abysmal as well.

Merric, Barst, and Cain are all looking pretty bro right now. Especially Cain, holy cow.

I knooow ;_;. Ogma and Marth are doing very poorly in general I think. At least my Marth is spd blessed in exchange for that str screwage...and yep haha Cain is too good.

NOTES:

- Ah, right, high-level weapons in the arena produce funny results. This is what I do to Ellerean in drafts (replace Excaliblick with Thoron for similar results)
- "Fixing" Merric. . .brings something horrifying to mind. :P:
- Those flying pieces of crap with too much speed still scare me
- You're. . .going to promote Barst now. . .right? I think he earned it~!

-Yeah, high level weapons make it easier to drill ground though the drawback is obviously losing uses of the weapon in question. Then there's Lady Sword...

-?

-At this point they don't intimidate me as much as Fire/Ice Dragons do tbh. It's way easier to KO them with my teams usually because I always have Ryan and an Excalibur user lol.

-He sure did! :)

I've been binging on these vids since I haven't watched since Chapter 4 and I have to say, amazing job, really. I'm incredibly impressed with how good your EXP spread is, and now I feel so inadequate for having any modicum of difficulty when using all the best units and rigging the shit out of levelups for half the game when you're getting by with relatively so-so levels on so-so characters. Your shard passing in chapter 9 was totally sick too, I vocally exclaimed how awesome it was when I was watching it.

However I do envision chapter 14 without a rescue staff will likely result in the really long boring sloggy strat, so see if you can prove me wrong.

Also, damn Arran managed to stick around for ages. What a badass.

PS: How confident are you in chapter 19 to Final with this team when you're going to be lacking in Rescue and Again uses? Do you reckon you'll be fine for money for statboosters and forges at the end, or do you expect to just have to rig crits with Regalia to make it?

Thanks :). You were partially right. While Chapter 14 did took long to complete, it was very intense to me except for the final turns lol.

Arran is the best. I'm very confident, by then the growths have probably kicked in for everyone. I don't think I'll have a shortage of Again or Rescue though. Yeah, the money might be more of an issue, we'll see. Hopefully I can still afford at least the Brave Lance/Ridersbane forges.

Edited by PJSalt

This game has no torches or torch staves so it's a good thing your trailed path remains revealed!

Once again you surprise me. This run is really something else. I'm really no good at shard or money management in FE12 so this run is schooling me.

Marth, Ogma, and Minerva are all getting Str finally. Shout outs to Cain's durability he is straight up eating those Dragon hits.

C15 onwards is next! My favorite part of the game.

http://youtu.be/OJFAZBr-1ww

I was hoping to be able to 2 turn this map but even that is too much to ask for this team. I would've needed even more crits than this to be able to 2 turn with Astram recruited and I would've needed to use an Again staff. Killing the Geosphere Thief is very reliable this way which is nice. Usually in a 2 turn you want to crit him with a Javelin or use Feena to hit him in Turn 1 and 2 (which makes it harder to get rid of enemies in the throne room). Not having a Paladin or Horseman that can double the boss sucks.

The last Thief staff is used on the Rescue staff chest. It's nice to have that staff back :)

Chapter 16 is completed in 2 turns

Man, I just realized that if Linde couldn't nosferatutank Chapter 15 I don't think she will be able to do it either in Chapter 18. I don't think I can get her enough levels to be able to make her take a single hit. I can get her enough levels to double but the OHKO problem will be there. :/ I guess I'll have to find another way to 2 turn it. Linde in charge of being a disappointment.

Phenomenal show as usual, PKL! This is one of my favorite chapters in the game and I just love how you owned it.

Thanks :) Those Killer Lance Generals in the chapter are the scariest enemy in the chapter. Having 14% crit on Cain isnt fun. Caused some resets to happen. So the chapter owned me first :P

Nice work on chapter 15! Loved the strategy you used there.

Holy crap, it's Vennobennu! How's it going?

Dolph for MVP.

Also I love the starsphere trades.

DolphFE1_zpsxffcfvtu.pngis the best

Edited by PJSalt

Linde can tank a hit on 18 if you get the C17 Robe (though idk if the robe is worth the rescue use on this run), but since she's pretty far from ORKOing too she probably won't be able to it even with the robe. how many dusts do you have atm btw? though I guess 1 because no C13 dust and no LSB. even after 1 dust, 2 drill ground usages, starsphere, and scroll if she needs that for A tomes she can't ORKO the generic generals unless I calc'd things wrong. although you could be shooting for on-map mag procs additionally in that way.

Edited by Gradivus.