When do you use stat boosters?

Statboosters are very nice, but also very rare except you have acces to a secret shop in the game. So it's at least for me often a hard decission, when I give them to my units.

Normally I don't like to use items early in the game, because I don't know, if the investment will pay off for me.

A example would be Sanaki in FE10. She joins with 2 strength. The consequence is that she cannot use her tomes without massive speed penalty. Many people would give her energy drops to equalize her strength issue. But they're very rare and precious, so I give her E-tomes instead.

An other example would be Donnel in FE13. He has very poor base stats, but excellent growths. So I give him an angelic robe, energy drop, speed wing and a draco shield.

When do you use statboosters?

- early in the game to prevent any base deficits

- during the game, if an unit doesn't level up in a certain stat

- waiting for the end

- depends on the situation

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should clarify that this is about statboosters, items can mean several things.

I use them on units who are deficient in a certain stat or on power units who need the extra oomph. Nobody is guaranteed a statbooster.

Edited by X-Naut

I never use them! Ever!

Vulneraries? SELL THEM

Boosters? HORDE THEM

Promo items? DROP THEM

Laguz items? GIVE THEM ALL TO BENCHED UNITS

JK I use boosters to make good units better.its not usually wise to use them on units unless you plan to utilize said unit for long term.

You should clarify that this is about statboosters, items can mean several things.

I use them on units who are deficient in a certain stat or on power units who need the extra oomph. Nobody is guaranteed a statbooster.

Edited.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

In general, I don't use statboosters unless it's on a unit who's either suffering a stat deficiency or I know I'm going to be using that unit for the long term.

Mainly, though, it's dependent on the game and situation.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I usually just give them to my faves or to people who need more strength/magic, speed, defense or lagging behind in said stats. i'm looking at you fe9 ike

Awakening I just gave them to whoever. It doesn't really matter.

Noticed. My bad.

Unfortunately I cannot edit the topic title.

Could a moderator edit the topic title please?

You can still do it. Just edit your OP, then select "Use Full Editor."

I use them on a certain unit as soon as he/she starts lagging behind on stats, or if I deem a certain base stat for someone to be too low.

Edited by BLS

The first impression is depends on the game and play style.

For example, I only play Awakening casually, so the statboosters are invested on people whose stats are lagging behind, say Stahl's Sp, Chrom's Str/Skl/Sp, or Avatar's stats, etc.

But on games I play for drafts like FE7 and FE10, I tend to give the boosters to the unit that needs it in order to execute a specific strategy, but most, if not all, strategies don't rely on these boosters, they're just like a plus.

I use the stat boosters as soon as i get them, unless the unit i want to give them to still hasn't been recruited. 2 stat points are much more of a difference in the early game than latter.

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

Here are the ones that I do on a consistent basis.

Angelic Robe: Main Lord/Pegasus Knights/Asvel

Energy Drop: Jeigans/Sheeda

Spirit Dust: Staff Users

Skill Book: Tharja/Sell

Speedwings: Jeigans/Leaf

Goddess Icon: Tharja/Sell

Dracoshield: Prepromotes/Pegasus Knights

Talisman: Jeigans/Pegasus Knights

Boots: Main Lord/Fliers/Olivia

I think there are usually obvious candidates to certain statboosters that get so many benefits through it, that it is quite silly to deprive it from them.

FE1: Marth gets Angelic Robe.

FE2: Claire gets everything after promotion.

FE4: - Sigurd gets everything.

- Dancers get Leg + Knight Ring

- Seliph gets everything.

- Ares gets Bargain Ring.

FE5: - Leif gets the first Speed Ring.

- Saphy gets the Life Ring.

FE6: - Milady gets Speedwings.

- Roy gets the first Angelic Robe.

- Niime gets Body Ring.

FE7: - Marcus gets Dracoshield + Speedwings.

- Florina gets Angelic Robe + Energy Ring.

FE8: Seth gets Angelic Robe + Dracoshield.

FE10: - One of Jill or Nolan get Angelic Robe + Dracoshield.

- Haar gets Speedwings.

FE12: - Marth gets Bond Drop.

- Chris gets defensive statboosters.

Edited by Xator Nova

I generally slowly start using them midgame, when I've decided which units I'll be taking to the final few chapters. That way I have more time to benefit from them but I don't waste them early on units that turn out poorly.

In Awakening I horded them because +2 doesn't mean jack with Awakening's inflated numbers and pair up is basically a whole fuckload of statboosters at once.

In other games I do research as to who makes the best use out of it. Thanks, SF. As a result, Florina usually gets my Angelic Robe and Energy Ring. Otherwise I give them to units who have good growths in X stat but are falling behind in said stat because of RNG screwage.

in addition to refa's correction above, i would like to add to xator nova's list:

FE6: - Milady gets Speedwings.

- Roy gets the first Angelic Robe.

- Niime gets Body Ring.

milady should also get the first boots.

FE7: - Marcus gets Dracoshield + Speedwings.

- Florina gets Angelic Robe + Energy Ring.

since money doesn't matter, there are a few more useful resource distributions possible in FE7:

- secret books go to sainadin or marcus if you're using kentadin

- goddess icons go to marcus

- tactician affinity should be ice for maximum benefit to marcus and pent

FE8: Seth gets Angelic Robe + Dracoshield.

either saleh or artur gets all of the energy rings.

FE12: - Marth gets Bond Drop.

- Chris gets defensive statboosters.

marth also gets the boots in FE11 and FE12. caeda should get the first angelic robe in FE11.

I don't use stat boosters. I hoard them and just like to keep them in stock. With the exception of FE6 & FE8 where you can buy stat boosters, you won't be seeing me using them.

Edited by MagicLugh

I don't get why people hoard statboosters for no reason. Even when I was younger, I always had a clear cut goal in mind (be it to give them all to my Lord who I was sure I would be using, or Est/Nino because I really liked them).

I don't get why people hoard statboosters for no reason.

That's why I do it. For no reason whatsoever.

I think it's kind of a waste to use stat boosters so I don't use them, especially when they're in short supply.