FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this ought to be good...

I have 1 question though: Will non-morph non-boss enemies have luck? Because that's one thing that kind of irked me in FE7, no enemies have luck except for non-morph bosses. I understand it on the morphs themselves, but what about when you fight regular non-morphs? I know it sounds trivial, but...perhaps it is. Still, it would be nice to see that.

Either way, I am looking forward to this. Save-state abuse required? This ought to be even better now.

All enemies in Chaos mode have a Luck stat. The stats always increase per chapter, and the final levels generally have really powerful max stat enemies. Hope that answers that question.

In any case, Chaos Mode is p. much done. Aside from fixing text and stuff, everything's ready for release on the 18th. With that in mind, I'm already well under way with my next project.

So, here are some comparisons for my Sacred Contention remake VS the original version of SC that Blazer made. (Blazer's on left, mine on right)

5f072c0a4e.png

c63fc85943.png

bdfbf00b02.png

467aa5b330.png

0fe3c565d8.png

I found a lot of things out about Blazer's Sacred Contention, including that very very few of the characters had correct CON stats given their classes, all of the enemy characters use their original enemy stats and not the stats gained from when you recruit them in the tower/ruins post-game, and also that being able to reorder the positions of your guys with a preperation screen really makes the game a lot more fun.

c22debd589.png

Using the preparations menu when the game starts, you can move your guys around, even the Demon King!

0f44d6224f.png

24b0d0135c.png

Does this look familiar? I've implemented the variable weapon/item function from Roguelike Emblem into the SC Remake, so you'll always have a new way to tackle the Elibe/Magvel scum.

Additionally, because FE6/7 have way more units than FE8 does, but FE8 has multiple promotions, the game now has a new feature! Elibe has Character Roulette, where you can get the FE6 or FE7 variant of Eliwood, or perhaps you'll get Dieck instead of Raven, meaning you get a total of 44 units for Elibe and 45 for Magvel (I'll make the numbers balanced later).

However, Magvel has the same non-randomizing characters, but gets Class Roulette! Meaning, Amelia can become a Great Knight, Paladin, General, or Super Recruit. Her class is different every time you play, the same as all other characters with multiple potential promotions are.

And since this is the topic for Chaos Mode, I'll reiterate it again, Chaos Mode is being released on the 18th. Ciao.

I've tried to play a bit with FeXna, but I could not figure out the controls. Maybe it's because I use different controls then emulator standard, but maybe I can figure out how to make it work with a controller...

I've tried to play a bit with FeXna, but I could not figure out the controls. Maybe it's because I use different controls then emulator standard, but maybe I can figure out how to make it work with a controller...

If you mean fexna as in yeti's project, FE7x, the newest version should have the option to rebind your controls on the main menu.

I know this is a really, really minor nitpick, but can you make the outline of the HP bars the same color as the outline on the map sprites instead of black?

It looks weird to me >.>

Yes, yes you are the only one who noticed that.

Yay, I'd enjoy the hack on the day of the release...if not for the fact that I have to leave for camp in 1 hour from making this post and won't be back till the 21'st. Well, it will have to wait, but then the hype will not be as high...

Game started

LP had begun

Tyler was even here

Record chapter 11

First video, mic got unplugged 1/5 of the way in

Record chapter 12

Tyler still here

No problems

Will edit audio for chapter 11 and roll double uploads sometime this week

Yeah I'm online now.

Unfortunately I deleted chaos mode from my hard drive by accident. I have to re-edit a version from three months ago FFFFF

[spoiler=.]
I'm just kidding, you fucking idiots.

So BAM. I completed all the chapters, so now's where you guys come in! Let me reiterate a few points of interest:

1. I really would like to obtain a chaos mode save for Geitz's chapter, the linus/lloyd variant that follows if you get geitz's chapter, and Jerme's chapter. If anyone manages to obtain these, please send me the save files.
2. There may be some weird words in the text as a result of my text edits. I used find/replace so they're a bit buggy. If you spot any, post a screenshot here and I'll fix them ASAP.
3. The first few chapters may not be the hardest ever, but they do quickly get a lot harder. You may also find all the new weapon stats to be disorienting, please deal with it.
4. I am planning to make a randomizer friendly Chaos Mode variant for use with Camtech and I's randomizer utility. No ETA on that but it might not take too long. Ideally it will randomize all enemies in the game, but not the player units.

That's it! Without further ado, here is FE7 Chaos Mode V1.0!

(Here's the optional save file if you want the bonus items)

Please note that you may choose not to use a gamefaq's save file to unlock everything and the game will work fine, but you'll lose out on the mario kart bonus items which will help you out quite a bit.

Have fun!

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

Chapter 11 video will be up probably tomorrow, and chapter 12 will be up probably on Thursday.

The Elie & Son LP of Chaos Mode is real

There's a small bug/glitch/whateverpeoplecallthemnow in Chapter 17

The nomad called Extra! can possibly freeze the game when encountered with a non ranged weapon, but it never freezes when you attack it with a ranged weapon

Also, what item would soldiers (i.e. Wil) use to promote with?

There's a small bug/glitch/whateverpeoplecallthemnow in Chapter 17

The nomad called Extra! can possibly freeze the game when encountered with a non ranged weapon, but it never freezes when you attack it with a ranged weapon

Also, what item would soldiers (i.e. Wil) use to promote with?

Save file?

Wil uses the knight crest. You'd know that if you just read descriptions of promotion items.

The earth seal is also a thing.

Also I just realized, I posted the patch not that many hours ago and you're already at chapter 17. Goddamn XD

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

Save file?

Wil uses the knight crest. You'd know that if you just read descriptions of promotion items.

The earth seal is also a thing.

Also I just realized, I posted the patch not that many hours ago and you're already at chapter 17. Goddamn XD

Sure give me about 10 minutes

Also I have a tendency to do things quick

I don't know how I just do 0_0

EDIT: Okay this is my save state. It froze right when I battled the extra unit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42i52mpvr9y2f0i/Fire%20Emblem1.sgm?dl=0

Some notes:

the 999999999999+ amount of gold I have is me dicking around with the game

I killed off most of my characters to speedrun to get to the extra, so that's why I don't have alot of people

Edited by PixelmanFE