FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

Playing around with randomizer for this patch.

Hector went Hector again. Guess what? His axe is bloody.

EietTDG.png

Makes one wonder what everyone that has palette changed for their randomed class looks like in their original.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's talk about the upcoming final version, prior to my LP version with new mugs. What's gonna be in it?

Warning: Lots of spoilers.

-Tactician affinity affects THINGS. +10% to all growths (Including LUK!) if a character has the same affinity. Also gives those units +10 Hit/AVO. (That's actually fairly substantial.) Note that the growths always apply, even on a 0% growths run.

All unit affinities have been changed up! How much have they been changed and for what reason? You'll have to play and figure it out.

-Stimulant now only gives +15% to all growths, but coupled with the tactician bonus means a 25% stat growth boost universally.

-Augury is alive! I'll be giving lots of tips prior to a player starting the chapter.

-Eclipse will be ineffective on the Dragon. The dragon will also be stronger but will have less defense. Uh, you'll see what I have planned there.

-Promotion items will give stat boosts if you don't use them and instead keep them in your inventory, kinda like a useable equip item. Finally, those extra elysian whips can be useful!

-THREE new playable characters, who will somehow find their way ingame, and a new boss awakens!

-Chapter 19xx unlocked always if you play 19x.
-Gaiden requirements will be tweaked to be more intuitive. May make some BIG changes to Jerme and Kenneth's chapters, I'm thinking of making them a logical progression from one to the other, with new characters and new THINGS to do. This is a bit iffy though.
-Maybe fixes for Rath not promoting with a heaven seal? Might be hardcoded.
-Jaffar/Nino's chapter will have some additions...
-I'd like to swap out Fem!Troubadour for a male troubadour if I can find an animation for it, and then swap out Valkyrie with Mageknight.
-Enemies without usable weapons or enemies like the female druid on Nino's chapter will have their inventories fixed. Report any you find!

-New pegasus knight/wyvern knight tree. Pegasus riders will have swords and gain lances on promotion. Wyvern riders will have axes and gain bows on promotion.
-Because of the pegasi/wyvern tweak, all chapters will have to be edited so enemies and players equip the correct weaponry. This will lead to a wholly different experience than any previous chaos mode update and will require a fresh game restart. For that reason, this is the final update.
-Final balance tweaks for characters.
-Fixes for any chapters not completely smoothed out.
-Any final additions recommended by players.

So, consider yourself SPOILERED!

Edited by Klokinator

-Eclipse will be ineffective on the Dragon.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement :P:

Can you implement That One Fix for the lords, so I don't have to keep Hector and Co. at level 20 to get to Geitz?

(alternately, leave it unfixed, and buff Geitz's growths)

Can you implement That One Fix for the lords, so I don't have to keep Hector and Co. at level 20 to get to Geitz?

I considered doing this, but then I realized I like it the way it is. If you care enough to get Geitz and his chapter, you have to keep your main characters low on levels for a bit and it makes the game less rushable.

Anyway, Wallace is 100% better and I need to figure out how to make Geitz better without being broken.

I'd probably buff Geitz's Strength growth, and have him start with a lower sword rank. That way, Silver Sword triangle attacks won't happen as early (unless the player swordlocks Kent/Legault).

[spoiler=Affinities]

Wind: Bow user

Thunder: Axe user/high strength

Anima: Anima user (who woulda thunk it)

Light: Light user/Valkyrie

Dark: Dark magic

Ice: Dodgey classes

Fire: Everything else?

So there is a glitch (or intended? unlikely though) in Limstella's chapter where she infinitely respawns after dying, basically it happened after she moved off her shrine and was then got rekt by Lyn, but she comes back afterwards and just refuses to die, making the chapter a lot more difficult when trying to evade her. This also happens in the last last chapter with the dark druid in front of the dragon.

I've never experienced that glitch. Or if I have, I don't remember it in the slightest.

Edit: Current affinity tally:

Fire: 5 people
Thunder: 9 people (1 new character)
Wind: 6 people
Ice: 8 people
Dark: 5 people
Light: 7 people (2 new characters)
Anima: 6 people, but ninian/nils is counted, so 5.

Interestingly, the best characters are in the smaller affinity groups, but you might choose a broader group with more people for a greater amount of technical bonuses.

Wind: Bow user
Thunder: Axe user/high strength
Anima: Anima user (who woulda thunk it)
Light: Light user/Valkyrie
Dark: Dark magic
Ice: Dodgey classes
Fire: Everything else?

Close! It's actually...

Fire = Lances (Soldiers and pegs)
Thunder = Axes/Wyverns

Wind = Bows/Cavs

Ice = Swords

Dark = Dark/Knights

Light = Light/Staves/Bonewalkers
Anima = Anima/Misc (Nils/Ninian/Merlinus)

Edited by Klokinator

That class is bugged in HHM. Use an Earth seal. The heaven seal is only for Serra and Lucius.

I sold all my earth seals last chapter...FML.

Anyone know off-hand when the next one you get is? I'm currently on ch. 26. I know you get one at the beginning of Limstella's chapter but I'd rather not wait that long if I can avoid it.

Edited by Tequila

Close! It's actually...

Fire = Lances (Soldiers and pegs)
Thunder = Axes/Wyverns

Wind = Bows/Cavs

Ice = Swords

Dark = Dark/Knights

Light = Light/Staves/Bonewalkers
Anima = Anima/Misc (Nils/Ninian/Merlinus)

Does this mean skeledad Elbert????