FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

wow this looks fantastic! , glad discovered this hack. I thought it was gonna like a more difficult version of FE7, guess you can't judge a book by it's cover. (or title)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got to Chapter 19, and I can't even go back to this game because I'm so confused from one thing (This is an actual spoiler, don't look until you know what I'm talking about)

Spoiler

WHY IN THE EVER LIVING FUCK WOULD LEILA KILL MATTHEW!!?

I MEAN, YEAH I'D BE PISSED IF I WAS BURIED ALIVE BUT... IT'S NOT LIKE HE FUCKING WANTED TO BURY HER ALIVE BECAUSE MATTHEW DEFINITELY WOULD'VE FELT A HEARTBEAT IF SHE WAS EVEN HINTED OF BEING ALIVE BUT IT'S JUST... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THIS IS NOT OKAY.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS KLOK OR WHOEVER THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA!?

WHY!?

THAT ISN'T GIVING UP ON THEM, IT'S RESPECTING THEM!!

LEILA DESERVED AS PROPER AS A BURIAL SHE COULD GET ASAP SINCE SHE WAS AN OSTIAN SPY AND THAT THEY NEEDED TO CONTINUE ON WITH THEIR QUEST BUT JUST...

PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY TO HAVE LEILA AND MATTHEW BECAUSE THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!

LEILA IS NOT AN IDIOT AND SHE WOULD'VE DONE THE SAME DAMN THING IF HER AND MATTHEW SWAPPED POSITIONS!!!

I CAN LIVE WITH HER BEING PISSED OFF AT MATTHEW, BUT GIVE THEM SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS.

I'm so sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Well Florina thought dying was a good idea, so... RIP the dream

But then again, it's not like anyone even achknowlegded the fact that she was still alive even though she was right next to them.

I got so excited when Leila came with Fiora and then... Goddamnit I hate this whole idea or "what if" scenario.

So, really enjoying this hack. All the strange ranges really messes with me because I'm so used to the normal game. Great hack though, like the difficulty and all the little addition, like the extra enemies. 

Also found a bug the wasn't in the list and thought I'd let you know. If Eliwood at third tier(don't know about isador she might do it to) tries to use the fortify staff with animations on it goes to play it but he never plays the animation.

Edited by Genkei

• 7 months later...

I just had a huge issue with FE7 CM on my 3ds (injected it in with a CIA) and I want to warn everyone about it, so forgive me for replying to a 7 month dead topic.

I'm going to assume that everyone here knows about the opening animation thief crash (where the title screen shows the different classes and when it gets to thief the game crashes before going to the next class), but don't trigger it because it has a chance to wipe out your save data ENTIRELY. This happened to me yesterday and I wasn't able to restore my save data, so that sucked.

If you just wanted the warning about the glitch then that's it, but now I'm gonna speculate as to why it only happened now instead of before.

One theory is that the game tries to get a thief model from your save file (somehow) and if you have no thieves (either from promotion or death) the game sees it as corrupt and the data is then unusable. That or it's random.

EDIT: I think the cause could also be how long you leave the game crashed.

Edited by AMH9000

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2014 at 6:25 PM, Klokinator said:

By the way, if you change the rom back and play on a mode not called HECTOR HARD MODE dont scream at me when your rom breaks. Because it will. IT FUCKING WILL.

On 7/31/2014 at 6:25 PM, Klokinator said:

IT FUCKING WILL.

YOURE_NOT_THE_BOSS_OF_ME_NOW!.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, Doate12 said:

Hi, thanks a lot for the mod, the link for the spreadsheet is broken anybody has the file?

Unfortunately, it seems to have disappeared. Tried recovering it with google support, but no dice. I know I didn't delete it, but I haven't the faintest idea where it could have gone.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

I downloaded that spreadsheet ages ago, so here ya go!

I feel like I should mention that there are a few things that are incorrect in that spreadsheet, but it was always like that. I checked this with Nightmare 2 and I do have the latest version of FE7 Chaos mode; 1.34

Dart, like everyone else (except for Ninian and Nils) has 0 luck growth. Also he did not gain that 45% skill, it's still 20... Dart's HP is 80%, Mag is 75%, Speed is 70%, and Def is 15%. I'm guessing that these growths were planned for version 1.35, but Klok is not putting any more work into Chaos mode. Dart was certainly the most changed, but there are some other things here and there. If anyone does want to release a spiritual FE7 Chaos Mode version 1.35, then use the spreadsheet in the quote.

And here is the 1.34 info. I'll take a look at the weapons right now since I have absolutely nothing else to do. Give it about an hour.

EDIT: That took a little longer than I thought, but the power of Nightmare 2 has given me the correct stats for items. The biggest change between versions was Forblaze, losing 15 might, hit, and crit in, what I assume is, the unreleased 1.35

Edited by AMH9000

On 9/28/2018 at 12:41 PM, donny33 said:

Does anybody have the download link with the MarioKart transfer items still?

Here it is. This is not save data, but a gameshark snapshot (with the game 100%'ed but no save files).

Go to FIle --> Import --> Gameshark Snapshot --> Then select the .sps file and you're good!

This should NOT change any bit of the code in the game, just the save data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Abd47ZQqcU3NSPURQsex96pq3npX77I/view?usp=sharing

Edited by AMH9000

• 11 months later...

Hey, so i have a general question regarding this hack, i've never before played FE6-7-8. (only played all recent games, awakening and up) Difficulty is no issue since ive done maddening/lunatic runs, im on the 2nd chapter for this hack now, and it feels like im ruining my first experience with the game by playing the mod before a genuine run, but since i haven't played it i wouldnt know. What would you guys have done? play the hack/mod or a normal run first? 

2 hours ago, hovah said:

Hey, so i have a general question regarding this hack, i've never before played FE6-7-8. (only played all recent games, awakening and up) Difficulty is no issue since ive done maddening/lunatic runs, im on the 2nd chapter for this hack now, and it feels like im ruining my first experience with the game by playing the mod before a genuine run, but since i haven't played it i wouldnt know. What would you guys have done? play the hack/mod or a normal run first? 

I would suggest you first play the vanilla game: This mod assumes you know the recruitment, how unlock all the gaiden chapters and alternative chapters (yes, this one has the same mechanic as Ilia/Sacae routes on FE6) and finally knowing the game at heart would reduce your rage once the mid-late game comes in (believe me, you really wanna play the vanilla game unless you like self imposed challenges while going in blind).

Edited by ronlyn

8 hours ago, hovah said:

I'd say do the vanilla game first. Chaos Mode should be played as if you know what you're getting into only for Klok to shout out a war cry and change almost everything. The only thing left behind is a question. "What the fuck is this hack?"

• 2 months later...

Who did find that this rom hack is so chaotic 🙁 . I mean ( so hard ) that I can't just complete a battle without saving before making a move , really It's annoying sometimes but with the random classes it became a little fun 😅

• 10 months later...

I do want to mention in that difficulty is really subjective. On the subject of FE girls, a bud and I are doing mirrored playthroughs together and he gets stuck on every map for hours while I usually finish them quickly in comparison. Also I'd argue the fun of FE girls is from taking your favorite girls and making them busted to all hell and back, and it is way more worth it given the stat inflation of the enemy units.