FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

No. . .crit. . .bonus? You've completely neglected supports! Priscilla can hit +25 crit thanks to her support pool (get five support points with Sain/Lucius/Guy). Combine it with her innate Skill and a Killer Lance, and she's pretty much set.

Comparing Prissy to other cavaliers, she's either blessed or screwed with 50% growths on everything (except res and luck i think) Her supports also fix this. (Sain, Lucius, Guy and Raven are all very usable.) Dorcas probably won't hit speed, and Matthew won't hit Str, but Prissy will most likely hit both of them.

Comparing Prissy, as a paladin, to other units. As a Paladin, she doesn't have any sacred weapon weaknesses (god dammit Lowen, Nino and Sain)

She isn't weak to Rienflenche. (Lol ok Fliers)

She has access to Axerievers (Only Wil can triumph in this.) as well as 2 legendary weapons. (Lucius has 3!)

And finally, she has 8 movement, which a major plus.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing Prissy to other cavaliers, she's either blessed or screwed with 50% growths on everything (except res and luck i think) Her supports also fix this. (Sain, Lucius, Guy and Raven are all very usable.) Dorcas probably won't hit speed, and Matthew won't hit Str, but Prissy will most likely hit both of them.

Comparing Prissy, as a paladin, to other units. As a Paladin, she doesn't have any sacred weapon weaknesses (god dammit Lowen, Nino and Sain)

She isn't weak to Rienflenche. (Lol ok Fliers)

She has access to Axerievers (Only Wil can triumph in this.) as well as 2 legendary weapons. (Lucius has 3!)

And finally, she has 8 movement, which a major plus.

Dorcas speed growth is only 5 lower...

Dorcas hits more accuratly and has huge str to back him up too and his phys def over comes his shitastic res

Dorcas will turn out the best pali

+ priccila performance in her joining chapter isnt very good too

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Yeah but fe7 CM earlygame isn't that hard if you play briskly.

Mount rush scenarios aren't viable without tools+massive rng abuse because of the 2 range iron axes/swords that hit like trucks.

this isn't even mentioning the iron/short bow on seemingly random things.

Dorcas can ORKO in his starting chapter, can get a level without babying, and has solid bases. Prissy has better growths overall , comes underlevelled, but can still easily get levels to catch up. She probably wants a robe to make grinding painless.

In my case, I save the 2 early crests for Wil+Guy because Wil's just really solid, and Guy is like a second Oswin. [unlike Oswin, his move hinders him. But getting access to 4 weapon types and being pretty much guaranteed to be doubling with bolting weapons by the dread isle is niiiice.]

Guy's a good failsafe to bring along. He can take the boots without any real challenges except Rath/one of the mages you're gonna push to third tier.

Kent's nice to bring because 80/40/40/60/40/40 is a reaaallly nice growth spread that doesn't need alot of rng abuse to become good. Legault's growths are good too, except for res.

I really like Florina and Erk because they can use steel bows, which seem to be the best standard weapon in the game. 1-3 range, reasonable wt and mt and hit, and it requires only a D rank in bows!

Questions

-Does geitz require the three Lords to be a total of lvl 50, or the three units in the lord classes to be a total of lvl 50?

- Is it possible to get through the game without the mine glitch?

- Since Fiora can use bot Katti's, and Pent can use the rapier, could it be possible for Pent to use Durandal and for another axe-unit to use Wolf Beil and Armads? Tho I can see the reasons why that'd be a bad idea in the case of the Berserkers and the 25% crit boost making it a little crazy powerful.

-Fliers are still crazy good. Later on, just have a pegdude drop Eliwood/Lucius/really good combat unit #X somewhere to watch things die horribly.

-Killer weapons are kinda mediocre. The killer bow is nice earlygame just because it's so similar to the steel bow. The silver lance's also kinda redundant later on too.

-Does geitz require the three Lords to be a total of lvl 50, or the three units in the lord classes to be a total of lvl 50?

- Since Fiora can use bot Katti's, and Pent can use the rapier, could it be possible for Pent to use Durandal and for another axe-unit to use Wolf Beil and Armads? Tho I can see the reasons why that'd be a bad idea in the case of the Berserkers and the 25% crit boost making it a little crazy powerful.

-Fliers are still crazy good. Later on, just have a pegdude drop Eliwood/Lucius/really good combat unit #X somewhere to watch things die horribly.

-Killer weapons are kinda mediocre. The killer bow is nice earlygame just because it's so similar to the steel bow. The silver lance's also kinda redundant later on too.

1. It's based on the character, so Lyn/Eliwood/Hector.

2. Good question.

3. There are two of every lord weapon wielders. Try using the R-button on character descriptions to see who.

4. Nifty!

5. Oh well.

Yeah but even with a 20/1 Hector+Lyn and a 20/8 Eliwood [Fed exp and promoted at the Uhai chapter. I really wanted to get his ranks to the point of using Aura/psychic asap so I could DUMP marcus.]

I still got wallace's chapter. :/

That 0% run kinda makes your "in-game unit recommendations" less reliable.

Louise+Basilikos= rape rape rape it seems.

Edited by Howard the Duck

Yeah but even with a 20/1 Hector+Lyn and a 20/8 Eliwood [Fed exp and promoted at the Uhai chapter. I really wanted to get his ranks to the point of using Aura/psychic asap so I could DUMP marcus.]

I still got wallace's chapter. :/

That 0% run kinda makes your "in-game unit recommendations" less reliable.

Louise+Basilikos= rape rape rape it seems.

i think the problem is is, if you promote, the level still counts as 1 and not 20/1 since in vanilla none of the lords could evolve ny that time

That is a problem.

so the solution would be to figure out how to get lyn/hector to lvl 20 and eliwood to 20/10, which IS possible tho very grindy.

I cannot wait for fe6 CM to be released. Bolting Sword Gel will be the bane of every squishy unit.

Serra is so squishy lol. I just ditch her and use fiora.

Who else can use the wolf beil anyways? Karla?

Edited by Howard the Duck

Yeah but fe7 CM earlygame isn't that hard if you play briskly.

Mount rush scenarios aren't viable without tools+massive rng abuse because of the 2 range iron axes/swords that hit like trucks.

this isn't even mentioning the iron/short bow on seemingly random things.

Agreed

Dorcas can ORKO in his starting chapter, can get a level without babying, and has solid bases. Prissy has better growths overall , comes underlevelled, but can still easily get levels to catch up. She probably wants a robe to make grinding painless.

The only real advantage abouve dorcas is res and a 15% higher def growth but dorcas has crazy offence when he joins and amazing HP priccila lacks those competition for the 1st angelic from a better unit named serra

In my case, I save the 2 early crests for Wil+Guy because Wil's just really solid, and Guy is like a second Oswin. [unlike Oswin, his move hinders him. But getting access to 4 weapon types and being pretty much guaranteed to be doubling with bolting weapons by the dread isle is niiiice.]

Guy is one of the best early game units only like 4 units Rival him Hector Oswin Lowen Rebbeca and Dorcas

Guy's a good failsafe to bring along. He can take the boots without any real challenges except Rath/one of the mages you're gonna push to third tier.

Wil wants that boots more then anyone he is in one of the best classes in the game

Kent's nice to bring because 80/40/40/60/40/40 is a reaaallly nice growth spread that doesn't need alot of rng abuse to become good. Legault's growths are good too, except for res.

Meh Growths too balanced wont accel in anything endgame meh bases and average midgame

I really like Florina and Erk because they can use steel bows, which seem to be the best standard weapon in the game. 1-3 range, reasonable wt and mt and hit, and it requires only a D rank in bows!

Florina -2 speed axes are better and reinfleche is the 2nd best holy weapon (2-5 range) so its still best bow

Questions

Yes its not that hard

Agreed

Lowen is the only notable crazy good one

3rd best bow rest are indeed mediocre

Now for things I noticed

Pent is really not bad for endgame because of the buyable items decent growths and naturaly capping speed/skill and make him viable enough+(I herd he can wield durandal I didnt use him cuz serra and fiora)

leila sucks donkey balls

renaults an amazing druid

serra has better offensive growths

fiora has much better durabillity

Serra is a bit better doe

Edited by TTPK_Tal

i think the problem is is, if you promote, the level still counts as 1 and not 20/1 since in vanilla none of the lords could evolve ny that time

There's actually a fix for this, but I'm not going to be adding it.

Im in victory or death and my fiora disappered (at least she didnt carry any notable weapon

like she didnt die she like disappereed entirely

Well she wasnt going to be fielded to light anyway so I guess its fine

I had her in battle prep fielded

she disappered post battleprep

Edit:Never mind im stupid

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Anyone know how to randomize this WITHOUT it crashing when you try to load the file? Or will I have to wait until Klok unbreaks RES?

Stupid. This patch doesnt have the res break. It was always the same patcg as the christmas release one.

/facepalm

Fateborn, stop fellating yourself. You may have gotten it to 'work' but with the same quality literally anyone else could do. Not only that, but I was mocked endlessly because a lot of people saw your LP and thought that was actually the quality of FE7CM. Broken palettes, unbeatable Jerme, etc. It was an embarrassing debacle. If I finish the final version and make a randomizer friendly version, it won't have the issues yours had. (Because I actually know what I'm doing and how to fix it. Seriously, your LP made me look bad for weeks.