Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the compulsive insomniac being useless for scum wasn't wrong, I just read the post kind of like it would've been useless for scum!Weapons rather than useless in general.

Key word: probably. It's a common role but how often do you see scum having two of them?

who knows? this game explicitly has bastard elements; if you ask me it's a fallacy to assume anything about the setup

compulsive insomniac wolf (oh god gomc terminology why) is like mafia announcer in that the role itself doesn't directly benefit scum but the owner of the role gets towncred on rolespec

also what's wrong with trying to force a vote this early in the game? considering the first three pages of the game are spam i honestly don't blame refa for grasping a little for an ED1 vote to get things rolling

This may sound like a sudden turn around, but his replies feel forced. The "or you're scum" line and his general logic of wanting information = scum are kinda scummy. Especially when he admitted he was fishing for info earlier!

It was less "fishing for info" (which I never said, by the way) and more "fishing for responses", actually. It's early D1, the best I can do is question people, read their answers and think about what I should do with the data I get. What's wrong with that?

And I reiterate that massclaiming would help scum more than town, therefore it is an odd suggestion anyhow. I suspect scum wouldn't try proposing something like that, though, so weapons is okay in my book for now.

Cam do you actually think SB is scum or are you just questioning him?

i wouldn't rule it out; i'm not voting him mostly because it's not quite out of spam mode and he hasn't done anything particularly egregious

I honestly don't like the recent Prims/BBM interaction at all. BBM's question felt almost forced to me, while Prims feels like he's getting defensive and pretty much does the same thing he called BBM out for doing with his vote, which is dumb. He also ignored both myself and BBM's queries on why I was worse than anyone when he made his vote, which seems really odd for Prims, especially if he's town.

##Vote: Prims

Or maybe you're scum wanting to know who are the best Town PRs to kill on this first Night.

I'm skeptical toward such a radical measure. It's likely that the Mafia will benefit more from this than the Town.

And I reiterate that massclaiming would help scum more than town, therefore it is an odd suggestion anyhow. I suspect scum wouldn't try proposing something like that, though, so weapons is okay in my book for now.

It may just be my fantastic British charm, but I'm getting mixed messages here.

It seems odd that Rapier would be against massclaiming despite pretty much claiming himself.

Is there anyone here who seriously thinks I claimed on early D1 with no apparent reason?

There's a chance it could have been WIFOM though.

It's significantly more likely it was joke. And why would you need to WIFOM over being the Doc. More importantly why would you be concerned whether or not rapier is the doc?

Why does Rapier need to fakeclaim Doctor early now instead of later, if he was telling the truth? I'd be more suspicious of him if the claim were actually serious if he'd claimed now as opposed to later.

The part where he said that we'd still have the role even if he dies makes it seem like he's trying to make himself a low-priority lynch without coming across as giving too much info away.

A doc claim should always be at the bottom of towns lynch priorities. I don't see how he would be trying to lower that by claiming his role could be brought back. If anything that raises it slightly.

Also his statement that his role will be passed to another if he gets lynched sounds like a safe way to fakeclaim doctor without getting criticized for it.

I've never heard of a role like that before.

Except I didn't claim doctor. Oh, wait, I did, but it was a joke.

Why are you making such a fuss about it again?