Carmine Sword Bum-Rushes His Way Through FE13

Hello everyone. So I just finished a sort-of efficient run through of Awakening on Hard Mode yesterday. I did ok turn-count wise, but it made me wonder how things would change if I had a male Avatar instead of a female Avatar, since my usual efficiency plan is to marry the Avatar to Chrom, pass down Galeforce to Lucina and Morgan, and then rolfstomp the rest of the game with Galeforce and Rescue.

Obviously with a male Avatar, I can't marry him to Chrom, so some new pairings have to be made to account for this change. Here is what I've come up with:

Chrom x Sully

Frederick x Cordelia

Lon'qu x Cherche

Sumia and the Avatar will get me two Galeforce children for use in later chapters (by which I mean Chapter 15 and on). Sumia is taken so Chrom goes with Sully (Lucina is not going to be used, sorry guys). The last two pairs are mostly to help clear out rout maps, and Cordelia can use Rally Speed later.

This is a New Game + run, which means I will be using Renown rewards. The one exception is the Boots, which I think are too powerful, so I will have to take a few turns to get the Chapter 17 boots.

The Avatar's name is Verdes and his asset/flaw is +Speed/-Defence

Anyways, here's the Premonition and Prologue:

Premonition:

Do I even need to say anything here? Verdes pairs-up with Chrom who pimp-walks over and "kills" Validar on turn 2. Exciting stuff.

Turncount: 2/2

Prologue:

Now for something more interesting. Fred goes above the myrmidon and kills him. Chrom pairs-up with Verdes, who is now able to double the barbarians and mages thanks to having a +Speed asset. Verdes moves to the right of where the myrmidon was and equips the bronze sword. Lissa moves to the right out of enemy range. On enemy phase, both barbarians attack Verdes, but Chrom activates a Dual Guard on both attacks. The first barbarians survies with 6 HP while the second one was killed by a Dual Strike from Chrom. Next turn, Fred kills the mage while Verdes moves next to him. Lissa moves back out of enemy range again. On enemy phase, the barbarian suicides into Verdes, who gets an ok level out of the deal (HP, Strength, Skill) The two remaining myrms suicide into Fred, and the lone mage attacks Fred from range. On turn 3, I have Verdes kill the mage and I move Fred next to the boss and he attacks. He then kills the boss on enemy phase.

Turncount: 3/5

Since Lucina won't be used, Chrom will probably be the receiver of a lot of stat boosters to make sure that he can do decent damage to (and actually hit) Grima.

I'm not sure how often I will update this, probably 1 chapter per day unless real life gets in the way.

Comments and advice are appreciated if you feel so inclined.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Sully!Lucina can still be a good unit y'know. If you're really trying to speedrun the game, then you would be hard pushed to get Sumia to 15 in DF before Chapter 13 without feeding her a boatload of kills, so passing down Galeforce from a mother that has it to Lucina is impractical. You would be able to function perfectly well without Galeforce on hard mode in all honesty.

Oh and I recommend using Nowi.

Well, Sumia is going to marry the Avatar instead of Chrom, so I don't need Sumia to get Galeforce by Chapter 13 (I've gotten Galeforce on her by then, but it involved a lot of waiting in Chapter 13 to kill all the reinforcements). I don't think Galeforce is actually needed for Low Turn Counts until Chapter 20, which is plenty of time, although I'd hopefully have it earlier so that I could finish routs faster.

After some thought, I decided to have Fred marry Cordelia instead of Vaike. He requires less time and effort than Vaike, and his +1 move will remain useful even after he starts waning off later on.

I redid the Prologue. The only difference is that Fred killed the boss instead of Chrom, so it was finished in 3 turns. Forgot what Verdes got on his level up. He got speed at least I think.

Yeah, Nowi is quite good, but I think I'll just use Tiki for later rout maps. She is probably the only one who can take more than two attacks without dying at the pace I'm going, which will quite helpful for Chapters 23 and 24.

Well, Sumia is going to marry the Avatar instead of Chrom, so I don't need Sumia to get Galeforce by Chapter 13 (I've gotten Galeforce on her by then, but it involved a lot of waiting in Chapter 13 to kill all the reinforcements). I don't think Galeforce is actually needed for Low Turn Counts until Chapter 20, which is plenty of time, although I'd hopefully have it earlier so that I could finish routs faster.

After some thought, I decided to have Fred marry Cordelia instead of Vaike. He requires less time and effort than Vaike, and his +1 move will remain useful even after he starts waning off later on.

I redid the Prologue. The only difference is that Fred killed the boss instead of Chrom, so it was finished in 3 turns. Forgot what Verdes got on his level up. He got speed at least I think.

Yeah, Nowi is quite good, but I think I'll just use Tiki for later rout maps. She is probably the only one who can take more than two attacks without dying at the pace I'm going, which will quite helpful for Chapters 23 and 24.

I meant that Sumia doesn't get GF by chapter 13 so Sumia!Lucina wouldn't get it passed down, meaning that Galeforce isn't that important, which means that you can use Sully!Lucina.

Tiki at recruitment has 17 Defence and 14 Res, and 19 Speed. If you've trained Nowi during the game she'll have better stats than that, and also the ability to S Support with someone.

I'm concerned that using more units besides the ones that I've already planed might be difficult since Exp is a precious resource when going through the game this fast.

Although, Nowi gains a lot of exp very quickly, and her ability to face large groups of enemies without dying is quite useful for routs. She does have trouble killing enemies without Dual Strikes for a while though, since even with Gregor support she won't be able to double enemies for a bit.

On my last playthrough with FeMU, I used Nowi and she got to level 25 by Chapter 23 and had 16 speed before Dragonstone and pair-up. Gregor was giving her 6 speed, so base Tiki with Say'ri support would have more speed than Nowi at that point assuming 16 speed is average at that level for Nowi, and Tiki didn't need anything to reach that point.

Eh, I need to think about this some more. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Sorry about no chapter yesterday, I was busy with Driver's Ed. I'll see if I can put up Chapter 2 later to make up for it.

Chapter 1

On turn 1, Fred pairs up with Verdes who goes to the left fort, while Chrom goes to the southern fort and attacks a fighter. Lissa moves south. On enemy phase, the fighter attacks Chrom who then counter attacks and leaves the fighter at 1 HP, while a mercenary attacks Verdes for a measly 1 HP and Verdes takes off half his HP in return. A bunch of enemies move forward followed by Sully and Virion showing up. On turn 2, Verdes kills the merc, and Sully pairs-up with Chrom, and I switch to Sully and have her kill the fighter to get some exp. Virion and Lissa move just out of enemy range. On enemy phase two fighters and a merc attack Sully who takes out half their HP (no Dual Strikes though), while a fighter a archer attack Verdes. On turn 3, Sully kills the merc directly below her, Virion kills the fighter above her, and Verdes move down and kills the fighter to her left with a thunder. On enemy phase, the remaining fighter attacks Verdes and is killed by the counter attack, and the archer is dumb and attacks Virion for some reason, leaving said archer at slightly below half health, and the boss attacks Verdes, who takes off some of the bosses HP in retaliation. On turn 4, Virion kills the archer, I switch to Chrom and attack the boss with the Falchion, and Fred finishes off the boss with the Silver Lance. In hindsight, I probably should have reversed to order of those two attacks so that Chrom could get some exp, but oh well.

Turncount: 4/9

Edit: And here's Chapter 2.

Chapter 2

Quite an intense chapter. Chrom pairs-up with Verdes who moves up and attacks the barbarian with thunder. Vaike pairs-up with Sully who moves to the left of the barbarian and kills it. Fred pairs-up with Stahl, who moves up to the barbarian on the bridge, and switches to Fred who kills the barbarian. Virion moves north but stays out of enemy range, while Lissa stays put. On enemy phase, the merc attacks Verdes, who kills said merc with some help from Chrom. Sully is attacked by 3 soldiers and lives with 1 HP and the enemies on the top half of the map move down while a soldier on the bottom half of the map moves right. On turn 2, Miriel shows up. Lissa pairs-up with Miriel, which gives Miriel just enough magic to kill one of the soldiers that attacked Sully. Virion moves below Sully, trades her his elixir, and then attacks another soldier who is killed by a Dual Strike from Sully. Verdes kills the last soldier that attacked Sully last turn. Fred moves up slightly and kills a merc.On enemy phase, the lone soldier on the bottom half of the map attacks Miriel (which I found odd since Virion was also in range and he can't counter-attack) who takes off half his HP in retaliation, and all the enemies on the top half of the map suicide into Fred, netting him an Iron Sword and Iron Lance. On turn 3, I have Chrom kill the soldier that attacked Miriel since he needs some exp, and Fred moves up and attacks the boss with the Iron Sword he just got, and the boss is killed by Fred on enemy phase.

Turncount: 3/12

Anyone know how to make a table so I can show the stats of my units?

Edited by Carmine Sword