Extremely interesting concepts with no purpose?

I really don't think it stinks. Things don't need to go anywhere, and I don't care if someone else thought of it first.

One of my favorites that I've actually managed to remember over the years is something I came up with while I read Dante's Inferno. I can't cite the line because I've only read it once (I plan to remedy that at some point, and read the rest of the Divine Comedy too), but there's a line which implies that the reason people who are damned in hell cannot be saved and brought to heaven is because they can't honestly repent while suffering the punishments of hell. The punishments prevent honest repentance because the repentance is only offered in order to escape the torments of hell. There can't be regret motivated by anything other than escapism.

The idea I came up with related to this was that there should be a society on Earth (preferably a heavily scientific organization) whose goal it is to convince mankind that there is no god and that hell and heaven don't exist, so that people only do good works because they believe in goodness, not because they're trying to get some sort of reward in the afterlife. Only people who don't believe in god can go to heaven. The society in question are all damned because they know god exists and know all the details of the torments of hell, so they spend their resources trying to save others by trying to eliminate the idea of god on earth. It's not really a coherent idea but I still like it.

It was really funny. One time I told some of my friends about this idea, and when I was done, one of them was like, "I would join an organization like that!"

EDIT-TLDR: Basically secular humanism is a conspiracy to prevent people from realizing that Catholicism is actually true, for their own good.

Edited by SeverIan

Apparently you can make a kind of ice (called Ice VII) that is hotter than boiling water by compressing water so much so that it turns into a solid?

I mean no purpose right now, but I find it fascinating, I wonder if that's how the insides of ice giants look like?

EDIT: oh my god, I misread the thread in it's entirety. Just to clarify, I didn't make this concept up.

Edited by Maji

i think you're falsely equivocating "purpose" and sort of a "failure to launch," outcome for an idea. many ideas have a purpose. the venus project has a purpose, but is not at all anywhere near being in any sort of position to be taken seriously by a nation's government or its people.

i have plenty of ideas, but i forget pretty much all of them. they typically occur in the shower.

i don't think you or anyone should really care about originality. it's a useless thing to be worried about. if something's not new, it can be improved.

like this thread?

why is picking on some random sf user the cool thing to do now

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Anyone ever have a concept that doesn't really go anywhere or someone else did it first? That stinks when you think of a concept which has little purpose but very interesting.

your birth

Now you tell me who won I see them, they run They don't wanna see us Whole Junior M.A.F.I.A. clique dressing up trying to be us How the fuck they gonna be the mob when we always on our job? We millionaires, killing ain't fair but somebody got to do it Oh yeah, Mobb Deep: you wanna fuck with us You little young-ass motherfuckers Don't one of you niggas got sickle-cell or something You're fucking with me, nigga You fuck around and catch a seizure or a heart attack You better back the fuck up Before you get smacked the fuck up This is how we do it on our side Any of you niggas from New York that want to bring it, bring it But we ain't singing, we bringing drama Fuck you and your motherfucking mama We're gonna kill all you motherfuckers Now when I came out, I told you it was just about Biggie Then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherfucking opinion Well this is how we gonna do this Fuck Mobb Deep, fuck Biggie Fuck Bad Boy as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then fuck you too Chino XL: fuck you too All you motherfuckers, fuck you too (Take money, take money) All of y'all mother fuckers, fuck you, die slow, motherfucker My .44 make sure all y'all kids don't grow You motherfuckers can't be us or see us We motherfuckin' Thug Life-riders Westside til we die Out here in California, nigga, we warned ya We'll bomb on you motherfuckers. We do our job You think you mob? Nigga, we the motherfuckin' mob Ain't nothing but killers and the real niggas All you motherfuckers feel us Our shit goes triple and 4-quadruple You niggas laugh cause our staff got guns under they motherfuckin' belts You know how it is, when we drop records they felt You niggas can't feel it, we the realest Fuck em, we Bad Boy-killers

Now you tell me who won I see them, they run They don't wanna see us Whole Junior M.A.F.I.A. clique dressing up trying to be us How the fuck they gonna be the mob when we always on our job? We millionaires, killing ain't fair but somebody got to do it Oh yeah, Mobb Deep: you wanna fuck with us You little young-ass motherfuckers Don't one of you niggas got sickle-cell or something You're fucking with me, nigga You fuck around and catch a seizure or a heart attack You better back the fuck up Before you get smacked the fuck up This is how we do it on our side Any of you niggas from New York that want to bring it, bring it But we ain't singing, we bringing drama Fuck you and your motherfucking mama We're gonna kill all you motherfuckers Now when I came out, I told you it was just about Biggie Then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherfucking opinion Well this is how we gonna do this Fuck Mobb Deep, fuck Biggie Fuck Bad Boy as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then fuck you too Chino XL: fuck you too All you motherfuckers, fuck you too (Take money, take money) All of y'all mother fuckers, fuck you, die slow, motherfucker My .44 make sure all y'all kids don't grow You motherfuckers can't be us or see us We motherfuckin' Thug Life-riders Westside til we die Out here in California, nigga, we warned ya We'll bomb on you motherfuckers. We do our job You think you mob? Nigga, we the motherfuckin' mob Ain't nothing but killers and the real niggas All you motherfuckers feel us Our shit goes triple and 4-quadruple You niggas laugh cause our staff got guns under they motherfuckin' belts You know how it is, when we drop records they felt You niggas can't feel it, we the realest Fuck em, we Bad Boy-killers

Fuckfuckniggafucknigganigaafuckfuckfucknigganigganigaafuckfuck

i can only imagine what it must feel like to come to the a-league, play for a team where you are their plan a and they have literally no plan b and you keep getting injured, only to be outshone by a 31-year old 2nd Bundesliga veteran and Albania's literally third-choice striker

he tried to trademark 'adp' too, think the hype got to him a bit

a lot. it got to him a lot. can't really blame him tbh, and he seemed A Good Lad