Which unit deals the highest damage in the game?

Simple question. Which unit deals the most damage possible in a single turn? Under both ideal (set up with their best damage-dealing skills, best weapons, best stats, guaranteed hits/crits/skill activations, enemies with no DEF/RES/AVO, etc) and 'realistic' (would be found in the actual game) circumstances?

My gut feeling is that Mia will have the highest for ideal and Ike/Boyd will have the highest realistic. Keep in mind, this is simply a damage measurement, not a tier-list debate.

Edit: For realistic it would probably be 'highest average damage' or something.

Edited by Snowy_One

It has to be Boyd. He has the highest Strength cap, a Fire affinity, supports at least Mist and Brom to give Attack and uses bows for effective damage. Now make it a critical (easily accessible through triangle attack) and watch sparks fly.

Mia's Strength is way too poor to even be considered. Warriors should be thought first simply for highest Strength and bows.

Edited by Woodshooter

Boyd at capped strength, +5 attack from supports, active Resolve, a max might forged Silver Bow scoring a critical hit on a 0 defense flier is 312 damage if I'm counting correctly is probably the theoretical highest damage that could be done.

Oh yeah it's less because this game uses 2x effective coefficient. So 258 damage instead.

I was sort of assuming in one hit rather than one round but against an enemy with unlimited HP and no defense it's probably Zihark or something.

Edited by Reinfleche

Any unit with Arbalest on an effective target and getting a crit on them I think.

This is for FE9, not 10.

That said I don't know if that'd be it in theory anyway. With Ena and Gareth red dragon auras + a Laguzfoe skill, a Reaver with Urvan and supports and stuff + Colossus can probably do more damage to a 0 def laguz with minimum con (again, probably Boyd).

Edited by Reinfleche

Mia clocks in at about... well...

22 STR + 4 supports = 26 STR

A brave sword clocks in at 10 MT (+1 WTA!) for 36 per-attack total. That's 144 for all four attacks. 432 for criticals on all of them.

Astra deals 1/2 of the normally dealt damage, which since the enemy has 0 DEF in this case means that each hit comes in at 18 damage. 1,080 damage for 4 activations and all crits.

Course, this is assuming that we're fighting a 0-defense enemy with a maxed out Mia with a full brave-sword to burn and 100% skill/crits which just doesn't happen without AR coding. Since Astra's damage is based on the total damage dealt even one point of damage less is a 60 damage loss for her. Even more if, say, one of the astra's fails to activate.

What about in a more 'realistic' situation then?

Boyd with max strength, A Mist B Brom, Adept/Resolve, having less than half HP and using Brave Bow on a 0 def flier can do 70 damage per strike, 210 with a crit. He can get up to 6 or 8 attacks with Brave effect/doubling/Adept always activated. So the maximum damage he can do is 1260 or 1680.

They can definitely proc so long as you're not attacking from 2 range with a magic sword since you can't activate Astra then. Using Stefan just a bit should show it to you.

I'm pretty sure all offensive masteries in this game can critical, it's just that we see it less often because there's so few Killer weapons and supports aren't as convenient.

Edited by Woodshooter

Bald, while I don't disbelieve you, I'd like to see the numbers on that just to verify, especially since you gave two separate answers.

Also, CAN adept proc off of brave weapons? I know Astra can, but I've never seen adept do-so personally.

= Strength + [(Weapon Might + Weapon triangle bonus) x Effective coefficient] + Support bonus

= 30 X 1.5 (Resolve) + [(10+0) x 2] + 5

= 45 + 20 + 5

= 70

Then x3 multiplier for crits, and x6 and x8 multiplier for however many attacks Boyd does with a Brave weapon + doubling with two Adept procs.

Also, CAN adept proc off of brave weapons?

Why wouldn't it? Unless you mean does Adept activating with Brave cause one extra attack or two extra attacks, that's what I'm not sure of. The two numbers are for the former situation and the latter situation respectively.

Cause it's already one additional attack. Sounds kinda like saying that adept can activate off of itself. While not TECHNICALLY impossible by the wording alone, IIRC, it's coded into the game not to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Zihark proc Adept with a Brave Sword. It doubles it a second time for 4x attacks (off a single Adept activation). I've seen him activate it twice in a battle for 8x attacks.

I have also seen Astra critical.

I can confirm that skill masteries in general can critical - it's a LOT easier to tell if you have map animations, since the "unit getting hit" flashy thing is different for a critical.

I want to make a special shoutout to some of the Laguz.

Ena. She can reach 34 Str. Transformation increases that to 39 and resolve to 59. With her laguz weapon and transformation that reaches 69 mt. Against a 0 def unit with infinite HP with Adept proc on both her strikes that's 69*4*3=828 damage. And it doesn't need to be a flyer.

Nasir can reach 26 str which ends up at 46 mt. So weaker then Ena.

Giffca reaches 50 mt. So he would be stronker then Ena if you could give him skillz.

Eh Since I'm a mathwhore I'll Calc Zihark's Damage too.

24 str. + 2 from supports (only Brom gives Str.) and then +9 from the Brave weapon gives him 35 Mt. 4hits each proccing adept for 8 astra's. 40 crits each dealing 1.5 times normal damage. So 35*40*1.5=2100 damage. In theory that is. 1575 is the real cap since a brave sword has only 30 uses.

24 str. + 2 from supports (only Brom gives Str.) and then +9 from the Brave weapon gives him 35 Mt. 4hits each proccing adept for 8 astra's. 40 crits each dealing 1.5 times normal damage. So 35*40*1.5=2100 damage. In theory that is. 1575 is the real cap since a brave sword has only 30 uses.

Only one use is ever consumed by one Astra, IIRC.

Does 1.5 get bumped to 2?

I used Zihark since he has Adept on his own. Or is it only in RD that inate skills don't take up capacity? Because I used both Adept and Astra in my calculations. He'll drop way lower without both. (And Mia's Fire Support will overtake him.)