Sacred Contention: Klok's Redux

Klokinator

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inb4 christmas release.

Aside from that, worked on tiny detail shit today, namely a splash screen or two or three. I need to also make a title screen fitting of a FE6/7 and 8 character clash, dunno what to do abou that, maybe use original art from their games? Idk.

3b7a945155.png

Lol Klok I wasn't trying to have a dig, I was just going by the names listed there xP

I agree that Guinevere and Rutger are better too (I didn't appreciate that she was featured in SSBB lol, so I was pointing out the inconsistency with FE7)

With the title screen, it might be worth it's while to invest in a new one, since amalgamating original art from each game may end up looking cheap. You're choice though :)

Edited by Haku

XD

That being said, neither Rutoga nor Rutger make any sense as names, but GRRR I'ma man versus wearing a toga... Rutger seemed the obvious choice.

Rutoga just seems more like a romanization of the Japanese name, which in translation seems poor.

It's like calling Marth, Marusu.

("Romanized as Rutger in the Fire Emblem Museum website. Rutger is the Dutch version of Roger, which means "famous spearman.")

No it's really, really easy. Colors help. Error messages that say what you're doing wrong also help. Debug commands. All sorts of great shit.

If it's less prone to being all "Fuck you, you did something wrong apparently and all your work is gone and you have to start again from scratch" like ROMhacking is, then it gets a 10/10 from me.

Edited by NICKTâ„¢

Rutoga just seems more like a romanization of the Japanese name, which in translation seems poor.

Because it is quite literally just his katakana, directly: ルトガー

It is terrible. People stubbornling cling to tradition though, in many places.

Someday people will realize how stupid 'Zealot' sounds as a human name, and how Jerrot makes much more sense given the katakana used for his name.

Or that Delmud -> Dermott.

While I'm not about to start arguing names about FE6

I really, really loathe name debates, and considering everyone has their own choices, deal with it.

Just a reminder, people...

Someday people will realize how stupid 'Zealot' sounds as a human name, and how Jerrot makes much more sense given the katakana used for his name.

Eh I don'tmind Jerrot but... his name according to FEWiki is "Zelots" which sounds fucking retarded so I use Zealot, which has the bonus of sounding not-fucking-retarded and maybe even -pretty-badass. Jerrot is a fan translation just as Zealot is, but Zelots is the official translation so I'm using the closest fan approximation that, like Rutger vs Rutoga, doesn'tsuck ass.

It must be Ward. You cannot have this game without the name Ward.

Wade is the official and I don't hate it enough to use the fan version, again according to FEWiki.

Actually Wade is a pretty cool name objectively speaking and I like it.

Just a reminder, people...

Eh I don'tmind Jerrot but... his name according to FEWiki is "Zelots" which sounds fucking retarded so I use Zealot, which has the bonus of sounding not-fucking-retarded and maybe even -pretty-badass. Jerrot is a fan translation just as Zealot is, but Zelots is the official translation so I'm using the closest fan approximation that, like Rutger vs Rutoga, doesn'tsuck ass.

Wade is the official and I don't hate it enough to use the fan version, again according to FEWiki.

Actually Wade is a pretty cool name objectively speaking and I like it.

Agreed on not devolving this into name wars (and my quibble is just that people forget the Ze->Je juxtaposition is common in Japanese), Zelots/Zealot are pretty much equally stupid but what can you do, it's certainly not your fault whoever had first crack at the Binding Blade names was clearly the summer intern, and well, Sacred Contention isn't plot orientated.

I like Wade as well.

So, you guys may remember this from FEA:

300px-AutoBattleAwakening.png

The Auto command allows you to move a mass of units automatically, and in FEA the command has "defend" "assault" and "move to location" IIRC.

In the original sacred contention, one thing I despised was moving all my units around, it's very slow and tedious, especially the first couple turns before you actually attack any enemies.

Tentatively, there may be an Auto command in FEXNA's future, to help move your guys forward. This is not set in stone, but there's a strong possibility. So, yay for alleviating tedium!

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

• 2 weeks later...