About to start, I'm asking some questions

First of all, what difficulty should I pick? I've heard that this is a lot more difficult than SD. I'm not afraid of a challenge, especially since you get Battle Saves and ridicolous units, but what really stops me from picking Hard without thinking twice is the fact that reinforcements act when they appear. God I hate that because it forces me to check a guide for when and where reinforcements spawn other than the usual recruitment and item location guides. Are the reinforcements very bothersome in this game? Is there a limitation about how they spawn, ie forts only or similar? And generally, how hard is it in Hard mode?

Second, I'm planning to play with a save to access the merged reclass list. How should I make MU? I'd like to end up as a Hero/Myrmidon with good stats all around, so maybe going from Fighter (for the cool portrait) to gain Strength and Axes ranks, then when I can reclass switch to Mercenary/Myrmidon to gain Sword ranks and have slightly better growths in the speed/defence department, and then switch between Pirate/Myrmidon/Mercenary when I feel like it. Is it decent? What are some good creation options for a character like this?

Lastly, what are some good units in the early game that really shine with reclassing? I really liked how in this game and Shadow Dragon you find yourself dicking around in the Menu and end up finding out that Doga has like 10 in both speed and strength when he joins if reclassed to a Hunter. Other stuff like this? I know of Doga, and that Ryan can be a great Pirate/Berserker, but nothing else.

My first playthrough was semi-blind on Maniac, and I found it reasonably challenging but also very fun. I have no idea how skilled you are at FE, but I think Hard as a starting point is likely fine, especially if you have reclass unlocked (and also possibly the bonus items, they sound like they'd make things a lot easier. +2 to all stats up to 77 times? +10% to all growths? Max out someone's supports? Yes please.

I don't remember same turn reinforcements usually being much of an issue. I can only think of a few times they were but mostly they're not that bad.

MU is going to end up pretty crazy no matter what route you take. Figher, Merc, Myrmidon all sound pretty useful. In general don't be afraid to build up 2 or even 3 weapon ranks for him and to switch between classes to whatever is most useful on an upcoming chapter. Cavalier and Wyvern Lord are two other very useful ones to use in some situations.

I can't help you too much with the third question, but I do know Palla and Katria are great as Cavaliers as well as Pegasus Knights (and are two very good characters in general).

Normal Mode is definitely quite easy, and I found hard to be a rather sizable step up. Like most Hard Modes in FE though, it gets considerably easier once your units become even slightly trained. As stated above, a couple of chapters become brutal with se-turn reinforcements, but Battle Saves and proper walking make it certainly manageable.

Ok then, Hard mode it is. How do I see if my emulator sees the DLC saves correctly? From the options menu I can use Drop/Band/Growth potions so I guess it's fine.

EDIT HOLD THE FREAKING PHONE. Does the HoS's Bonus Content save files include the Male Reclass Set unlocked? I can't be sure until I reach chapter 1. I know it requires a Hard Mode game completed, but I don't know if it counts if there are no saved games like in HoS's saves. So, does it include it? And if it doesn't can someone give me a save file in .dsv format (Desmume, even though I'm playing on Drastic) with the DLC bonus content AND the Mixed Male Reclass Set?

Edited by cloudropis