Nature's Thread

Sweet_Basil

Wider eyes, perhaps a smirk, he looks too priestly atm to be a lord, too...plain I guess. Idk. All these lords have some striking feature.

Thanks I changed him a bit and gave him a bandana.

Make him look as bland as possible showing no real emotion.

lol ikr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither have the funky mesh thing the Griffon Rides do o 3o. Probably the dude, though, as far as color schemes go.

As far as critique goes, all I can think of is anti-aliasing or whatever. For a lot of your mugs, the parts you splice on seem rather choppy. Brain's too fried to give any examples or good advice o 3o

Edited by Eise

Well, I would recommend using Echidna as a base. Maybe using Lalum and Farina for parts? Idrk. Just some ideas to throw out.

UfdRQlh.png

I listened to your suggestions...

Here she is! Does she pass or fail?

EDIT: I gave her a bow but idk how to shade :/

Edited by Sweet_Basil

UfdRQlh.png

I listened to your suggestions...

Here she is! Does she pass or fail?

EDIT: I gave her a bow but idk how to shade :/

Chapter 6 from Awakening :):

Silver tiles

kevpoqc.png

Blue Tiles

Znvq9ua.png

So, for the first quote, yeah it does definitely pass. It looks very nice, not that I would be a good critic, good job!

For the second one, I personally prefer the blue one. It just seems like too much gray/white in the silver one.

• 1 month later...

I've been going through an emotional roller coaster this month but I still haven't forgotten about this small project of mine. Here's a small update. I'm so relieved because nearly all of the content is done. NEXT up is the trial and error for each map + story insertion, hehe!
Z2xTJ6U.png

I turned that last dude into a filler boss. Why let him go to waste right? :3. I've posted him before.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

• 2 months later...

What exactly are you dissatisfied with in regard to your palettes? They seem pretty decent most of the time, aside from maybe seeming a little washed out here and there. Is there a particular reason you seem to stick with pale skin / cyan hair / purple clothing?

• 1 month later...

It's kinda hard to critique nickt splices without critiquing the original mugs of NickT. And unless you make something completely different with those mugs, It doesn't really show off anything. As for the other two, I like the pegasus. I like the pink used in the hair, but the spliced pony tails don't really blend in with the nills hair. And the robe dude also looks pretty cool.

Both the NickT splices are just one characters head put on another's body as far as I can tell. They're done well for that. Also, yes pink hair just looks really bizarre, the face is just too boyish. Unless of course you wanted a young boy with pink pigtails for whatever reason. Robed dude looks nice though.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, Sweet_Basil said:

Do these maps look engaging?

4y7fcQC.png

It depends on what the objective is; it looks to be a seize chapter, but there's one big problem, mechanically: the throne is two tiles away from the forest space. Thicken the space behind the throne. Additionally, there's space to the left side of the throne room; not sure if it's a deliberate design decision, so as to bait out any mages/archers in the throne room and KO them early on, or if it was an unintended oversight.

Other than that though, I'm digging it. It looks like a combination of Fort Rigwald (the midsection of the map with "ranged enemy" pockets) with the flow of The Ageless Palace/Dark Emperor from Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem, going in a spiraling, counter-clockwise direction. Nice touch on the chest, incentivizing the player to proceed quickly before any supposed thief reinforcement gets their grubby hands on it, giving a classic strategic FE conundrum: proceed quickly and risk using a unit to find out what's inside the chest, or proceed slowly and with a greater chance of not losing the asset of a unit.

You could also invert convention and make it an escape chapter, starting your units off at the bottom-left, "starting positions"-looking area, and then be in a rush to escape through the northeast road, while being pursued by overwhelming units. Take the chest, as it could be a vital resource, or judge that it isn't worth the risk? Break the rightmost "ranged enemy pocket" wall and defeat the enemies inside, or can your units take the hits? Enemies lying in wait on the northwestern side, detecting player units and blocking the exit to the western hallway- or even armor knights in the middle of the hallway to act as a literal wall against the player. Meanwhile, infantry, and eventually, cavalry reinforcements coming from the stairs and maybe even an unbeatable boss from the throne coming to chase you down.

Additionally, the room before the throne room feels a bit empty, but if the intent is to spawn enemy reinforcements as soon as they enter that area, then you're definitely on the right track.

It presents multiple venues for level design and multiple objectives. It's pretty good.

Edited by Kysafen