Tower of Demons

Cancer Lancer

The pain in her shoulder combined with Aster's suggestion made Calypso seriously consider Cyril's offer. Even if they didn't run into any other enemies (highly unlikely), infection would insure a slow death for all of them. Besides, most everyone was in agreement on what they wanted: to get to the top of the tower. It all came down to battle strategy, which would like be decided in committee fashion. Seeing no immediate downsides, she took Aster's advice.

"Very well," Calypso began. "You are chief healer to the group...and second in command under me. Now heal us before I change my mind."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You will only serve to fail, atoner, the witch will never keep her promise for long..." Wick said in the tongue only he and Cyril understood, "however, I for one have no problem with you being 'second in command', but I would watch my back if I were you..." Wick began to walk to one of the dead guards, "You never know who you can trust..."

Upon reaching the body, Wick began to inspect it. He searched for useful items, or perhaps clues as to why their memories were hazy. Once he had concluded his search, he picked up the fallen's spear and instinctively put It into a special sheath on his back. Why had he done that? He'd never wielded a spear in his life, so why would he have a sheathe for a spear? My past, of course. he thought as he struggled to remember, but to no avail. He was now even more determined to remember his own past. He continues over to their only casualty, Phaedrus. Wick bent down and began to recite a ritual...most likely retained in the back of his mind, formally blessing his soul. Wick continues to explore the room on the far left of the grand door, looking and grabbing anything that was useful.

Level Up!

+1 adp +1skl +1end

Edited by Nodney the Clone

"Hmm im thinking this is a lopsided deal. Instead I want one person to swear themselves to my command to be my faithful servant. Mind you it does come with benifits my servant will be the first to be healed." After delivering his new demand he went to get loot to give them time to decide. He picked up two of the bastard swords for later.

"Forget this," Calypso remarked at Cyril's last minute changes. "I was already regretting the first deal anyways." If their healer wasn't going to stick around for the deal, she wasn't going to give it any serious thought. Instead she peered into the room on the far right of the grand door. The witch charged a spell in her free hand, using the orb as a torch. The dim light filled the room to reveal any contents and/or traps. If the latter weren't present, Calypso would then start packing up whatever treasures she could find. The pulsing pain in her shoulder begged for a healing potion among the contents.

Teala felt that having a vulture anywhere near a leadership position was bound to fail. She already voiced her consent, so all he could do was look at the fallen enemies. He hefted one of the halberds - it wasn't as balanced as his spear, but it looked like it would be better at splitting skulls. What an interesting group. I like this Wick character, even if he bends his knee too easily. Out of the lot, I think I can trust him the most.

Sitting on the floor, Liss tried to hear what the other's were saying.
But all she could hear was that silly music she've been heard from the begining.
And all she could see was their backs, moving slowly arround the room.

Liss tried to stand up, but then she noticed that her arm was bleeding.
She sheathed the raiper and pressed her bleeding wound with her free hand.

The battle ended. They won.
But they lose too, one of their comrades.
"Have a good dream, Phaderus." Liss whispered.

[spoiler=OoC findings]

In a damp room utterly engulfed in darkness, that still reeks strongly of decayed flesh, Calypso stumbles and trips over the foot of a corpse, wearing the same attire as the guards they had just fell. However, it does not move. Beside him are seven empty vials which resonated a mystical property. Perhaps these will serve some purpose later?

In the room opposite of Calypso's, the room resonated not rot and dark, but a brilliant light coming from a strange stone on the ground. It looked almost like a tombstone, and it seemed as if the guards would covet this, were they still alive. It was shaped oddly like a small cross tombstone, or perhaps it was more like an urn. It resonated a calming lustre, and drew Wick closer to it. The question now, was Wick willing to succumb to its allure, and touch it?

[spoiler=OoC stats]

Wick's new stats: HP: 44 EP: 41 Str: 10 Mnd: 3 Skl: 17 Ini: 12 Adp: 8 End: 8 Wil: 10

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 114 Crit: 13

Def: 10 Res: 10 Avoid: 16

AS: 12 Agi: 8

Wick gained Light Spear!

Calypso's new stats: HP: 38 EP: 55 Str: 6 Mnd: 14 Skl: 11 Ini: 14 Adp: 5 End: 5 Wil: 13

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 107 Crit: 5

Def: 4 Res: 14 Avo: 10

AS: 14 Agi: 5

Calypso gained 7 Soul Vials!

Cyril gained 2 Bastard Swords!

Teala gained Halberd!

Still waiting on Liss to choose how she would like to level her stats.

Wick approached an urn, and for a while he just stared in awe at it. He knew not why. Perhaps the cross? Or maybe it was the sensation of well being coming off of it. No matter what it was that drew him in, he did not stand idle for long. He walked forward, taking in every single detail. And he touched it.

Aster had a confused look on his face becuase of what Cyril had done. First you go, 'I won't heal anyone without you submitting to me' and then you go heal her without accepting your deal? You're acting like an indecisive teenager Cyril. Returning to his usual demeanor, the pain from Aster's wounds managed to get them his attention again. It's not deep, but damn this pain is irritating. Aster grunted as he removed his armor to get a good look at his shoulder wound. The top of his shirt was cut and the sleeve had absorbed quite a bit of blood. Aster ripped of the bloodied sleeve from his shirt, and then took the rest of his shirt off. Qiving the wound a quick poke to see how much the pain had dulled, Aster wrapped his shirt around his shoulder and secured it there. "There, that should do for now." Standing up again, ASter pondered on what he should do. Aster concluded that going into the rooms Wick and Calypso had gone into would be of little help and he saw how Teala was helping Liss so he didn't feel a need to bother. Aster walked up to another door that was close to the one Calypso went into. Readying his mace in case he encountered something unexpected, Aster slowly opened the door letting the light from the hall fill the room before looking inside.

Edited by Cero

[spoiler=OoC findings]

Upon touching the stone, Wick felt the tremendous aura radiating forthwith embed him in its warmth, only to then leave him and materialize beside into their fallen comrade, Phaedrus. However, something seemed off about the reincarnated Seeker. Rather, his form had some sort of ethereal quality to him now, as if he was growing ever closer to becoming a ghastly servant of the Tower itself. However, oddly enough despite Phaedrus' materialization, the aura emanating from the odd tombstone did not fade at all; it could even be said that it grew stronger with the flexing of its powers.

This dark room Aster stepped into stunk even worse than the one Calypso had been in. Rather than a single corpse, there were a myriad of them; at least 3 visible, and quite possibly many more, at least telling from the stench. However, there was an odd glow from the hands of one of the corpses, this one equipped in what appeared to be decayed guard armor of a higher rank than the ones Aster had just fought. Upon closer inspection, it was a piece of glowing white stone, emanating a familiar aura. Upon closer inspection, it resonated a great mystical power, but was clearly about to crumble. Perhaps it would only have one use left before it, and its great power, would forever depart from this world.

[spoiler=OoC stats]Phaedrus revived!

Phaedrus (-1)

What was once a quest for knowledge led the Seeker to the Tower. Now, without a past to return to, he( canonly move forward, and hope that the knowledge gained can compensate for the humanity lost.

Starting Stats: Level 10

HP: 34 (-3) EP: 45 Str: 5 Mnd: 15 Skl: 13 Ini: 9 Adp: 9 End: 4 Wil: 7

Starting Skill: Soul Arrow (Launch a <soul> magical attack for (1.0 Atk) with a compatible tome or staff catalyst. Long range. – 5 EP)

Starting Equipment:

E - Seeker’s Tome (Type: Catalyst Mt: 4 + (1.0 Mnd) Hit: 90 Crit: 0 Wt: 2)

(Reach: Minimum, Durability: Average)

E - Scholar’s Robes (Def: 1 + (0.5 End) Res: 3 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil Bonus: + 2 Mnd)

Dagger (Type: Physical Mt: 4 + (0.25 Str + 0.5 Skl + 0.5 Ini) Hit: 95 Crit: 10 Wt: 3 Bonus Effect: Critical hits deal 1.5x more damage)

(Reach: Very short, Durability: Average)

Overall:

Atk: 21 (+1) Hit: 116 Crit: 6 (Seeker’s Tome) Atk: 15 Hit: 121 Crit: 16 (Dagger)

Def: 3 Res: 9 Avo: 18

AS: 9 Agi: 9

Aster gained a Geist Talisman!

Edited by Cancer Lancer

Liss saw somebody aproaching. She raised her head, and read Teala's mouth.
"Do you need help." he said. Liss thought that Teala may be asking her.

"I-It's just a wound, I'll be fine." She said standing up. "But I'll feel better if SOMEONE would like to help us." Liss said looking at Cyril.

Edited by Liss

Calypso's clumsy trip through the darkness had made her suspect that enemies were about to take advantage of her mistake. She was very lucky that none were present. Besides the relief she felt when no enemies appeared, Calypso also felt her wounds disappear. To her surprise, Cyril was standing behind her, healing her as well as taking the role of backup. The witch's first thought was what game he was playing. Was this some ploy to blackmail her through some other means?She couldn't be sure, but she may as well take advantage of the sudden act of kindness.

"Well, look who decided to be a team member," Calypso remarked to Cyril as she picked up a vial. "So long as you're in the charitable mood, why don't you heal the others?"

While talking, the witch was examining one of the vials. She had no idea of their use or what they did. Perhaps a healing potion? Calypso took a burlap sack lying upon the ground and gathered up the soul vials for some later, undetermined use.

After Cyril slyly pocketed a vial he turned to Calypso. "You know you look rather beautiful even after a battle." He said as he moved closer. He inched even closer and whispered to her "I know you want this," as he went in for a kiss completely unexpectedly and quickly.

Edited by Shamison

Wick stood there a moment, dumbfounded. Blinking twice, he walked out of the room once he saw there was nothing else of import. He headed back to Liss, making sure she was alright, when he noticed something awfully peculiar. Phaedrus was alive. Although he seemed sort of ethereal, almost as if part of him were still dead. But that is impossible, unless. he spots the urn, just shy of Phaedrus's feet. It must have been that then. "

In which case, this urn would be VERY useful...hehe..." Wick spoke to himself in his native language.

He moved to the cross, and began to lift when he realized that it would be impossible to lift. Alone.

"Evuri wun! Help mi with this!" He lifted a few times but to no avail, "This is wat rivivd Phaedrus!!!"

Edited by Nodney the Clone

"It seems that this Cyril is busy getting the attention of Calypso in a rather tasteless way," Teala commented flatly to Liss. "If you need help, let me know," he finished, before walking over to Wick.

"Don't hurt yourself," Teala commented, as he found a free spot near the urn, and started lifting.

[spoiler=OoC]In spite of Teala's best efforts, the urn would not budge. Rather, the earth that it was linked to refused to move, and didn't seem like it would even were a giant to attempt it. It was a futile effort, but perhaps it was for the better? Perhaps the power to cross between life and death is better left tamed, and merciful as is now.

Liss's new stats: HP: 43 EP: 34 Str: 9 Mnd: 9 Skl: 13 Ini: 12 Adp: 15 End: 7 Wil: 4

Overall:

Atk: 19 Hit: 116 Crit: 16

Def: 6 Res: 9 Avoid: 32

AS: 13 Agi: 16

...Smell fresh skin. Not like ours. Rotted from eons duty. Smell of death. But theirs, fresh. Of life. And as our duty, crush life. Stand, vigilant. Captain order us. Soon, darkness fade. Then, with light our friend, we destroy intruder. As lord instruct, and hero lead.

Lift mace. Ready body. Crush enemy.

[spoiler=OoC advice]You guys should really move on to the next room now.

After Cyril slyly pocketed a vial he turned to Calypso. "You know you look rather beautiful even after a battle." He said as he moved closer. He inched even closer and whispered to her "I know you want this," as he went in for a kiss completely unexpectedly and quickly.

And Calypso immediately backed away, giving a look of utter disbelief and anger.

"Really?!"

The witch sidestepped around him, slinging the bag of vials over her shoulder. Back in the main room, she went to the other room, where Wick was calling for assistance. He and Teala were trying to lift an urn, but to no avail. Pushing the run-in with Cyril out of her mind, the witch inquired on the situation.

"I think we can wait on redecorating until after we cleared the- what the hell?!"

Calypso had only just caught sight of Phaedrus alive and well. Well, alive at least. He still looked somewhat sickly. What was going on in this place?

Teala stopped what he was doing and turned when he heard Calypso's exclamation. He cursed his lack of attention, freed his hands, and turned to the newly-revived mage. "Welcome back," he stated, before facing Calypso.

"We should move on."

"Seems like someone has a helpful heart after all" Liss said giggling to Cyril after he finished healing her. "A good-at-hiding but helpful heart."
Now that she was feeling better, Liss walked to the next room to meet the rest of the group.
Then she realized that Phaedrus was alive.

"So you revived" She said to the mage, smiling."Welcome back, and please don't die again."

"Right," Calypso replied to Teala, still a little disturbed that Phaedrus was walking around. It seemed Cyril was finally doing his job, so wounds were no longer an issue. They could not stay here forever if there was any hope to reaching the top.

"Alright everyone, let's move on!" Calypso shouted to the others. She then handed Teala, Liss and Phaedrus a vial each.

"I found these. They're empty, but might come in handy if we happen upon fresh water."

Aster was appalled by the smell of the room, but it seems Aster got used to it quickly which freaked Aster out a tiny bit on the inside. Looking around, Aster quickly spotted the glowing stone in one of the corpses hand. Hmmm, what is this? Well, it could come in handy later. Prying it from the corpse's hand, Aster looked at the prize he had just claimed. This seems like aura I felt before, maybe this could be more helpful than I thought. And it looks so brittle too, I better be careful with it. Wanting to leave this overwhelming stench of death behind, Aster quickly left the room and returned to the rest of the group where everyone seemed to be. Looking over everyone, Aster spotted the revived Phaedrus.

"What the hell?" Aster said as he gazed upon something that broke the laws of nature. Deciding that ti would be better for him not to dwell on this, Aster quickly dropped it and responded the Calypso, "Alright then, I'm going to assume those grand doors are going to lead us up."