Better supports and being actually useful for many more chapters.

That's pretty much the same thing. I don't care what you say about supports, since I find their bonuses rather unreliable given the time and circumstances for them. That's just me, don't worry about it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Near the bottom of High?" Damn, you're talking tiers. -_-

You should note that his growth rates are dreadful. 20 speed and 25 def for a Hero/Warrior?!

Messed up on defense. His growths are not much different than his son's. He posses more HP, Strength, and Skill growth while Ross has more Speed and Resistance. They have an even defense growth of 25%, and an even grow in Luck, which is 40%. Really, the only way Ross beats Garcia in stats is that he has 9 extra levels ups to have.

Edited by Kintenbo

That's pretty much the same thing. I don't care what you say about supports, since I find their bonuses rather unreliable given the time and circumstances for them. That's just me, don't worry about it.

Three range radius for two characters with equal Movement. They'll almost always be in support range.

If you recall, I pointed out that Garcia A/Gerik B > Ross A/Gilliam or Niemi B.

That's assuming Gerik even wants Ross, and the support is very slow. Garcia has the whole game to support Gilliam and Neimi, and FirexFire is hugely overpowered.

Messed up on defense. His growths are not much different than his son's. He posses more HP, Strength, and Skill growth while Ross has more Speed and Resistance. They have an even defense growth of 25%, and an even grow in Luck, which is 40%. Really, the only way Ross beats Garcia in stats is that he has 9 extra levels ups to have.

That's on, like, the first page. We're way past that.

Three range radius for two characters with equal Movement. They'll almost always be in support range.

Don't forget they need to be next to each other for quite a while at times to even get the bonus at all. That's the pretty situational part. And on big maps, three spaces can be a very small amount. Supports help, but I don't rely on them, and I'd never use them to say a character is better or worse (until it comes to FE10, anyway).

Don't forget they need to be next to each other for quite a while at times to even get the bonus at all. That's the pretty situational part. And on big maps, three spaces can be a very small amount. Supports help, but I don't rely on them, and I'd never use them to say a character is better or worse (until it comes to FE10, anyway).

Ross wants to be next to Garcia so he can throw his Hatchet while Garcia takes the hits. It's pretty easy to keep characters next to each-other, since it's unlikely most will use their full Movement all the time.

FE8 doesn't have very big maps anyways. ^_^ Supports can make bad units good and good units into Hicks. <3

I'm shocked so few people utilize the supports. I use them all the time because they really bring out the full potential in a unit. The most noticeable difference is when a 3HKO becomes a 2HKO from a Atk boost.

My opinion is that the creators knew it would add a layer of depth and character personalities at the same time. If you look at the affinities the units have, it's hard to think they were just assigned randomly. Take Guy for example. He has the Fire affinity which is the absolute best possible one for a Swordmaster -- Atk, Hit, Crit, and Avo. Every single one of his supports also has a +Crit affinity. I can't write that off as a coincidence.

Edited by Meteor

Supports are definitely useful and worth it in some cases. The only problem is that they are still situational, and the bonuses aren't always enough to make a huge difference. A lot of good supports take a long time to build up as well, time that can be used doing something else. Useful, but not to be relied on.

How could you depend on supports? They don't even tell you that they give stat boosts... I think that the creators created supports mainly for the conversations (except FE10) not for the stat boosts... but I'm not sure.

This site does have the bonuses for supports. It's very easy to plan your battles based on supports.

Supports are definitely useful and worth it in some cases. The only problem is that they are still situational, and the bonuses aren't always enough to make a huge difference. A lot of good supports take a long time to build up as well, time that can be used doing something else. Useful, but not to be relied on.

Of course slow supports will usually not be used. However, all you have to do is have the two characters next to each other to build supports, so it's not like they have to keep out of fighting or anything. The bonuses outweigh the minor negative. :o

Of course slow supports will usually not be used. However, all you have to do is have the two characters next to each other to build supports, so it's not like they have to keep out of fighting or anything. The bonuses outweigh the minor negative. :o

That's not always possible. That just adds to it being situational. The way I see it, the only supports that can possibly be considered good are the ones that come the fastest, unless you just wait it out to get supports, but I don't think any of you do that.

I base my whole strategy on ending turns with supportable characters next to each other. First priority is obviously their survival, but otherwise I attack in an order that will leave them adjacent. It's not like you need every character to attack every turn, which makes it even easier.

I base my whole strategy on ending turns with supportable characters next to each other. First priority is obviously their survival, but otherwise I attack in an order that will leave them adjacent. It's not like you need every character to attack every turn, which makes it even easier.

Yes, I do that as well. But that doesn't change a damned thing; it's still situational, no matter how you look at it, and even the fastest supports can take a few chapters to build, at the least.

Don't get me wrong, I've said it before; Supports are useful and helpful. But they aren't nearly as reliable as how a character can perform on their own, since there will be times your two supported units won't be within three spaces of each other. That's why I don't make a big deal of them.

Support range is three. Unless you have a Paladin and a General supporting each-other, it's pretty simple to keep everyone in support range.

Traveling as a group seems to help that, but it still takes quite a few turns to build up multiple supports.