FE7: Wanna know I might get something to work

Topaz Light

So I've been thinking about making a Fire Emblem 7 hack, and I wanted to try to implement a "My Unit"-type function, or something similar. Now, it's not quite the same as what 12 and 13 have done.

My idea was to set it up so that your gender and either the affinity or the birth month (depending on whether I want to have 7 or 12 options, respectively) determines the character build you get. I know that this will require me to dedicate either 14 or 24 characters slots to possible custom characters, however, there are a few other things I'm wondering about.

• Would it, even in theory, be possible to get the Tactician's name, as decided by the player, to be displayed on status screens and in battle, etc.?
  • Would it be possible to set up conditional branches based on the player's birth month and gender selections to determine which character to add to the party for the custom character?

using tactician's name for stuff has been a thing for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAuPfKKqOo

text reference was changed to 0x8202BC18 (so yes, it requires the AH auto patch from FEditor)

Ahh, gotcha! So that part should be easy enough.

And, thinking about it, I already knew that it's possible to set conditional branches based on the tactician's affinity and gender, since it is actually done in vanilla FE7, albeit in fairly low-key ways.

Thanks!