Fire Emblem on Mars (Concepts)

Jedi

So lets go back to before we knew Awakening was how it is (I know its a hot topic. I quite liked the game but this isn't the topic of discussion)

What if FE13 had become FANTASY BATTLES ON MARS? Like IS originally thought they might try?

We'd have probably seen some more advanced versions of the familiar weaponry like laser swords, drill lances, energy bows and the like. Magic would probably be unchanged (Or something like Star Ocean).

I oddly have the feeling it would have felt like a post-apocalyptic type of story, a very barren world with little hope. But our heroes would make it a better place through much toil and sacrifice.

Either that or something over the top G-Gundam style. SHINING FALCHION! Ahem anyways

Maybe it would have been the Days of Ruin for the FE franchise in terms of narrative if it went the first route.

Or maybe something like gladiator, the lord is trapped in a hostile world and their only way to survive is to get a rag-tag crew to survive a prison/arena style deal for awhile and break out rebel against the oppressive society and bring peace.

You know maybe I should make my own games.. Lol

Edited by Jedi

Really the only thing I think off right of the bat... a pun.

"Marth" on "Mars".

マルス = "Mars" or "Marth".

Remember, his name was "Mars" in the OVA before Smash because katakana ambiguity.

...even if it has its own kanji: 火星

Or has different possible katakana: マールス, マーズ

Then again, so does many names, like Olivia: オリヴィエ、オリヴィア、オリビア

That and they could have left it ambiguous in the beginning that the world you were on wasn't Earth.

That it was a plot point for the player to find out that the setting was on Mars.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh right I often forget that the original translation used Mars ^^;. That would be an interesting way to twist a story I think too.

Either that or Marth became like the Bionis and you are fighting literally on Marth! (Please shoot me for that Xenoblade joke)

If you're going to make jokes about other franchises, then this is fair game too:

Imagine it's mid-game and you (the player) have always assumed that Earth turned into this wasteland.

"This world of ours... Mars, named after a god of war."

"In the ancient language, is named Marth. The same as the legendary king."

"True to his name, it is said he was a god of war himself, and painted the landscape blood red."

Plot twist: Marth is Kratos a God of War.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wow most different idea ever.

I remember reading that NASA found bacteria fossils in rocks from Mars. There was water there eons ago, but it has since all dried up, and it did so before the bacteria evolved into more complex life. I am now picturing bacteria with medieval weapons, fighting to prevent an evil space dragon (Grima) from getting rid of the water and causing the apocalypse.

OR it's an alternate universe where the water never dried up...

I have a feeling that if the game were to take place on a realistic Martian setting it would be hard to even call it Fire Emblem, but a fantastical land of red deserts and alien landscapes would be an interesting and imaginative twist. It would still need some sort of medieval aesthetic and some of the familiar stuff. A fantasy on Mars would be better as a new series or spin-off IMO.

If you're going to make jokes about other franchises, then this is fair game too:

Imagine it's mid-game and you (the player) have always assumed that Earth turned into this wasteland.

"This world of ours... Mars, named after a god of war."

"In the ancient language, is named Marth. The same as the legendary king."

"True to his name, it is said he was a god of war himself, and painted the landscape blood red."

Plot twist: Marth is Kratos a God of War.

Haha, quite the twist! :P

I have a feeling that if the game were to take place on a realistic Martian setting it would be hard to even call it Fire Emblem, but a fantastical land of red deserts and alien landscapes would be an interesting and imaginative twist. It would still need some sort of medieval aesthetic and some of the familiar stuff. A fantasy on Mars would be better as a new series or spin-off IMO.

Probably would be better as a spinoff honestly but at the same time it's quite interesting to think of what they may have done, recall that FE was almost finished. Until Awakenings success, they were willing to possibly try the bizarre.

Really the only thing I think off right of the bat... a pun.

"Marth" on "Mars".

Haha, I even made a picture for that pun ages ago.

mars_on_mars.jpg

To be honest, I have no idea what the game would be like, but I'd imagine it would be more sci-fi than fantasy.

they already made this game for the gba. its called zone of enders fist of mars.

THe lp archive has an lp for those of you who are curious: http://lparchive.org/Zone-of-the-Enders-The-Fist-of-Mars/

(it's like fire emblem but with mechas and also made by konami.)