Theory: Ike's descendants and linking Elibe, Tellius and Archanea

Knight

My idea for this theory started when hearing reading some stuff about the Trojan war and then looking stuff up about mythological references in FE. As some fans of the series may know, each Fire Emblem game bases a lot of its references on the history and mythology of certain old nations; Archanea is Greek, Jugdral is Norse, Tellius is Arthurian legend etc. From Awakening we know that Ike has descendants that exist now in Ylisse (former Archanea) and that one of those descendants is Priam/Paris, IIRC Ike's beta name was Paris as well. In the battle of Troy, Paris was the son of Priam and prince to Troy, also the cause of the war. Priam also had another son named Hector, a man who died in battle to protect his family. I believe that Hector might possibly be a descendant of Ike as well, or perhaps Ike was a descendant of Hector, given the link between their names. Hector is the only character in FE7 to have a reference to Trojan history rather than more common references to French and English legend. Hector has blue hair like Ike, similar in personality in some ways and both fill their historical roles. Hector dies defending his kin and Paris/Ike starts a war against the superior foe of Daein. Or I could just be crazy, probably the latter.

I will agree that Ike and Hector are the most similar to each other out of any lords. But even then, they're still pretty different, like Ike not being a noble and he's not as outright rude as Hector is. And not even Hector seems like he could be as strong as Ike (RD Ike that is). So this is still kind of farfetched, imo. But interesting idea.

Yes, because to be a descendent you have to be exactly the same as a single ancestor thousands of years ago

And it is of course impossible to have a noble family in just a few thousand years

I dig the theory, by the by

Uther is the father of Gawain's uncle. Headcanon acquired !?

Yeah, I admit there are a bunch of other links that could be made, but given the nature of Priam's name in relation to Ike's and the fact that the three names, Paris, Hector and Priam being some of the only few Trojan references, I think there is a more special link between these names.

Yes, because to be a descendent you have to be exactly the same as a single ancestor thousands of years ago

And it is of course impossible to have a noble family in just a few thousand years

Thanks. Edited by Knight

Um, my comment was referring to the OP saying that Ike and Hector could be related BECAUSE they're similar.

Also, I said farfetched, not impossible.

Ike and Hector use the same weapons upon promotion. Theory confirmed.

So does Priam. The only issue I can see is in the timeline. A lot of people think that Tellius or Magvel was first, and Elibe takes place later and if that's the case, why doesn't the Ostian house have Ragnell? Unless it's sitting somewhere in the treasury maybe and Hector doesn't use it cause he prefers axes/Armads.

Does this theory incorporate the idea that Ike or one of his descendants leading up to Priam went through the portal to Ylisse? If so, maybe Priam went through, landed in Elibe, settled down, and Uther and Hector followed? Or perhaps, if you take into the account that Uther is the name of the father of King Arthur, it's possible to infer that perhaps Ike is not of Hector but of Uther, and that Ragnell is Excalibur? Either way, love your theory, very cool how you worked mythology into it.

Does this theory incorporate the idea that Ike or one of his descendants leading up to Priam went through the portal to Ylisse? If so, maybe Priam went through, landed in Elibe, settled down, and Uther and Hector followed? Or perhaps, if you take into the account that Uther is the name of the father of King Arthur, it's possible to infer that perhaps Ike is not of Hector but of Uther, and that Ragnell is Excalibur? Either way, love your theory, very cool how you worked mythology into it.

That's a pretty interesting theory as well.

That's possible too. Add in the fact that Greil's real name, Gawain, comes from one of Arthur's knights of the round table, and you've got a very fitting theory.

Am I the only one who assumes the FE continents are just parts of the same world and most of the games take place around the same time...

But yeah. It's a nice theory, not impossible, but, it's a bit like saying, idk, Soren is part of the Ylisse royalty because he has a mark on his forehead like Emmeryn does. There's very little evidence to back it up. Now we know Soren's mark is 100% different from the Ylissean brand, so nobody argue, it's just an example.

I'm more inclined to believe these are just two unrelated instances that IS borrowed from mythology. Also, how do we know for sure Ike is Priam's great great great who knows how many times grandpa? They don't have ancestry.com or anything like that...would be next to impossible for anybody in FE to know exactly who they're descended from. To me it sounds like Priam just heard the legends from the far off Tellius and thought "that guy looked like me, I must be related to him durr hurr"

Am I the only one who assumes the FE continents are just parts of the same world and most of the games take place around the same time...

But yeah. It's a nice theory, not impossible, but, it's a bit like saying, idk, Soren is part of the Ylisse royalty because he has a mark on his forehead like Emmeryn does. There's very little evidence to back it up. Now we know Soren's mark is 100% different from the Ylissean brand, so nobody argue, it's just an example.

I'm more inclined to believe these are just two unrelated instances that IS borrowed from mythology. Also, how do we know for sure Ike is Priam's great great great who knows how many times grandpa? They don't have ancestry.com or anything like that...would be next to impossible for anybody in FE to know exactly who they're descended from. To me it sounds like Priam just heard the legends from the far off Tellius and thought "that guy looked like me, I must be related to him durr hurr"

Well we know Jugdral and Akaneia take place about 2000 years apart and Awakening a further 3000 years after that, I think, I'm not sure the exact millennium but there is a set number.

And we know that the other continents are in different worlds because of how it's said Ike came from another world and the fact that the Outrealm Gate exists.

And we know that the other continents are in different worlds because of how it's said Ike came from another world and the fact that the Outrealm Gate exists.

Outrealm gate could just be a gameplay thing, and "another world" could mean "another continent".

Outrealm gate could just be a gameplay thing, and "another world" could mean "another continent".

Well we have seen one plot based application of the Outrealm Gate concept, that being the Dragon Gate from Blazing Blade. Whether that's a world we've been to in another game or if any of the games take place in a different world entirely is up to speculation but it is quite possible.

And Ike was stated to have never returned to Tellius after he left. It's entirely possible that he entered the Outrealm Gate but was never able to go through it again (although in my version of events, ie my headcanon, I do have him find a way. I just think that in another timeline, he doesn't) because of how its magic works or something.

Edited by Anacybele

And Ike was stated to have never returned to Tellius after he left. It's entirely possible that he entered the Outrealm Gate but was never able to go through it again (although in my version of events, ie my headcanon, I do have him find a way. I just think that in another timeline, he doesn't) because of how its magic works or something.

Ha. If that's the case then he'd be some random adventurer from another land who claimed to have killed a goddesses and saved a bucket full of people but with no actual proof of his deeds beyond his sword arm. People were so impressed by the crazy guys mad skills that they just took his legend and ran with it.

lol true, though Ike's not the best at keeping his cool either. He blew up at Sanaki when she started teasing Elincia in PoR. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I always had the weirdest idea that Eirika/Ephriam were ElinciaxGeoffrey's distant descendants. Two milk siblings get married, then you get the whole twincest thing going on with those two. *gets shot*

• 3 years later...

i just wanna pitch in since its the best thing to do but the way i see it. the Elibian legend might be part of the radiant dawn chronology as Radiant dawn would be the future. and ike might be the great grandson of Roy/Illina. having a pure blue-hair present with all the lords, its safe to assume that Ike not being treated a "Lord" would mean only because his great grandmother Illina was never a lord and so was roy. Illina was a mage and roy have a unique class on himself. if we want to dig deeper, because thracia 776 and genealogy takes place right next to each other having the same world(maybe at the same time right before seliph's rebellion), Seliph and Leif being cousins and all, might have spread their genes elsewhere but causes their holy blood to thin out. and we all know the elibian legend of the 7 heroes wielding legendary weapons right. it could be the world of FE 4 and 5 was the first world before it became elibe. im assuming that because FE awakening was Archanea before it become what it is now as evident with the existence of marth's legendary falcion but not gaiden's falcion which should have been the same archanea