Charging in recklessly and making mistakes. Tips on getting better.

Any personal experiences doing this? I tend to make lots of mistakes when playing by being reckless. I hate having to restart the chapter so I usually use save states, after I feel really guilty and call myself a fraud. But I do plan on making lets plays of each Fire Emblem so I like to think of this as practice.

Any advice on enemy stats, positioning, or terrain would be appreciated.

Edited by Rabbattack

On my first run, yes. Now I'm more often screwed by RNG than my own miscalculations. But I did make mistakes when I wasn't focusing while playing, such as rescuing an unit right into the enemy range, or forgetting to switch weapons (I did this a lot) for example.

Edited by Ryo

Same, I end up being far too reckless, forget about the possibilities (or trust the RNG too much) and get punished for it often at higher difficulties. I think it's mostly just experience tho'. Maybe taking things slower or slowly climbing the difficulty ladder might make one be more cautious.

Naming my avatar Leroy and sending him and him alone in the first chapter of lunatic just to mess around. Otherwise, I screwed up alot in paralogue 23 underestimated those rallies.

LOL was his last name Jenkins?

But I tend to be an idiot at times too...

Rome wasn't built in a day. You just have to keep playing. I'm still well below average but I'm way better than I was when I first picked up Awakening.

Learn from the pros of this site. Watch an LTC or efficiency run and see what you can learn from it.