Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

Necroing your own project thread isn't against the rules, FYI.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

this looks so cool, when's the beta gonna be out?

I can't give a definite date on when I'll release a patch. Things in real life could potentially postpone things and I would end up delaying it. I don't want to let you guys down, ya know? But I really hope to release it maybe sometime in April. I plan to get some beta testers to give me some feedback so that I can make changes and have another revision with them before putting it out there for you guys to have a go at it. That's my plan anyway. I'm new to how to manage these things to make it go smoothly, so please be patient and I thank you for having an interest in my hack!

heyooo so i noticed you have no beta testers listed in OP, I know a couple people that may be interested in helping you out with that!

It would be awesome if you let me know who's willing to be a beta tester Ghast! I had one person so far who pm'd me about wanting to be a beta tester. I'll update the OP once I have asked those people to be my beta testers to make it official. =D

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to inquire as well, for beta testing as well as help with miscellaneous stuff that most people don't bother to do after that's done. I don't post on Serenes much so this is very "guy appears from nowhere; sounds legit", but I've been watching this project and Ghast can vouch for me as a beta tester. My Skype is sqawll if you wanna hit me.

Edited by Alusq

*also volunteers for Canadian beta-testing contingent*

This hack has been looking pretty nice, so yeah... lemme know if you want more beta testers? (ghast and I skype a fair bit between us anyways, so I guess I'd be one more to the skype crew?)

I also like offering whatever advice I can on sprites and such. ;)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

U-Umm, I too can beta test, b-but no one can vouch for me so you'd probably not want my petty views and opinions. :^(

I have a Bloodlines let's play that I haven't finished but am continuing within 2-3 days that you can check out (Finally caught up on school work and can chill out for the next month or so, so I'll be able to finish it and give a more "review" perspective if it'd please you). Overall, I can provide good insight on things to improve, like dialogue interpretation, characterisation, enemy placement, etc. In other words, the little, more in-depth things.

On the other hand, if you're already up to your neck with beta testers I'll sit it out; I know what it's like when someone you probably haven't seen on this forum before just bargin' inta yo' hood askin' to beta test.

do you have skype? I'd be down to help guide you with some stuff if you want.

keegan_25

Yup I do have skype, it's dashortquiet1. I may not be on skype often, but I'll try to fix that. =)

I'd like to inquire as well, for beta testing as well as help with miscellaneous stuff that most people don't bother to do after that's done. I don't post on Serenes much so this is very "guy appears from nowhere; sounds legit", but I've been watching this project and Ghast can vouch for me as a beta tester. My Skype is sqawll if you wanna hit me.

Yes I would definitely appreciate your help with the beta testing. My skype is dashortquiet1 so that you know ahead of time when I add you.

*also volunteers for Canadian beta-testing contingent*

This hack has been looking pretty nice, so yeah... lemme know if you want more beta testers? (ghast and I skype a fair bit between us anyways, so I guess I'd be one more to the skype crew?)

I also like offering whatever advice I can on sprites and such. ;)

The more beta testers, the better. That way I can get different views/feedback on my hack and that would definitely help me improve. Any advice is always appreciated. My skype is dashortquiet1 (just realized this is the third time I've posted my skype...for emphasis! XD).

U-Umm, I too can beta test, b-but no one can vouch for me so you'd probably not want my petty views and opinions. :^(

I have a Bloodlines let's play that I haven't finished but am continuing within 2-3 days that you can check out (Finally caught up on school work and can chill out for the next month or so, so I'll be able to finish it and give a more "review" perspective if it'd please you). Overall, I can provide good insight on things to improve, like dialogue interpretation, characterisation, enemy placement, etc. In other words, the little, more in-depth things.

On the other hand, if you're already up to your neck with beta testers I'll sit it out; I know what it's like when someone you probably haven't seen on this forum before just bargin' inta yo' hood askin' to beta test.

I actually need someone to help look into the in-depth things, so you can toatally be a beta tester! I did not expect to get offered any kind of help at all tbh. I'm just someone that has been lurking around here since 2012 and out of nowhere posts a concept of a hack. I didn't have anyone to vouch for me either, so I was doing little happy dances when people were giving positive comments and showing an interest in my hack. It makes my day/night whenever I see a new post on my hack topic. Anyway, enough rambling from me. Just let me know if you want to skype or some other way to communicate so we can get to work!

yeah get ready to regularly be on skype a lot now hahaha. I was the same way with skype before my hack picked up.

I didn't have anyone to vouch for me either, so I was doing little happy dances when people were giving positive comments and showing an interest in my hack. It makes my day/night whenever I see a new post on my hack topic

we'll make sure your hack is in the best shape it can be. Skype me anytime. I'm like always on haha.

Willing to apply as a beta tester :D I've been waiting for people if they wanted any beta testers(since thats all i can do as of late cause of college = = )

Edited by lan21z

yeah get ready to regularly be on skype a lot now hahaha. I was the same way with skype before my hack picked up.

we'll make sure your hack is in the best shape it can be. Skype me anytime. I'm like always on haha.

I'll do my best to be on skype more often. Haven't been on for the past couple of days because of back problems which led to lack of sleep, which led to not being able to do crap. So with a brand new mattress, hopefully I won't feel like a damn old woman in the morning. Maybe I can FINALLY finish the patch and send it out to people to playtest it for the weekend. =D

I didn't want to ask you earlier since a lot of people offered, but I could beta test also.

I think I will try just a handful of beta testers for now since I'm pretty new to this. Maybe once I get the hang of things, don't want to bite off more than I can chew. But thank you for volunteering. I will still add you on skype though. =)

Willing to apply as a beta tester :D I've been waiting for people if they wanted any beta testers(since thats all i can do as of late cause of college = = )

As I mentioned above, I'm sticking with just a small group of testers for now. I'll still add you on skype so maybe in the future you can be a beta tester when I get the the hang of hacking. Thank you for offering! I definitely appreciate it. =)

yeah, you really only need a few dedicated testers. and Alusq is really good at beta testing xD

I think I have 4 beta testers right now. So we'll see how it goes. =3

Anyway, a little update/teaser of sorts.

So I've been working on another custom animation, just some tweaking left to do. Going to pull a Ghast here lol.

b7RTY3r.png

Yeah Batta, just who do you think that is?

Also, here's a map sprite to go with it.

5VWG1JE.png

I guess I'll reveal it once I make the patch public. I'll try to keep the updates coming. =3

I'll do my best to be on skype more often. Haven't been on for the past couple of days because of back problems which led to lack of sleep, which led to not being able to do crap. So with a brand new mattress, hopefully I won't feel like a damn old woman in the morning. Maybe I can FINALLY finish the patch and send it out to people to playtest it for the weekend. =D

I think I will try just a handful of beta testers for now since I'm pretty new to this. Maybe once I get the hang of things, don't want to bite off more than I can chew. But thank you for volunteering. I will still add you on skype though. =)

As I mentioned above, I'm sticking with just a small group of testers for now. I'll still add you on skype so maybe in the future you can be a beta tester when I get the the hang of hacking. Thank you for offering! I definitely appreciate it. =)

You're welcome, do tell me if you added me already.. :) or like send me a message as you add me :D I'd really appreciate it..

anyway yeah I'm willing to wait ^ ^ your concept really sounds nice

You're welcome, do tell me if you added me already.. :) or like send me a message as you add me :D I'd really appreciate it..

anyway yeah I'm willing to wait ^ ^ your concept really sounds nice

I just added you. I can't guarantee if I'll need more beta testers later on though. So please don't feel bad if I don't end up asking for more testers in the future. But I do appreciate that you found the concept interesting. =)

Oh right, I might as well put my Skype here if you're interested in my views, though you did say you have enough beta testers as it is. Personally I usually take pictures of things that I feel could be changed and put down little notes for the creator to look over.

Name: aquarivania

I just added you. I can't guarantee if I'll need more beta testers later on though. So please don't feel bad if I don't end up asking for more testers in the future. But I do appreciate that you found the concept interesting. =)

wait really? what's your Skype name.. received no notification of an add..

don't worry its all good :) i'll just wait if you do need, even if you don't I'll gladly help out in seeing glitches and commenting on the stuff that needs improvement :Soldier: that is once the open beta is out :Nils:

Edited by lan21z

wait really? what's your Skype name.. received no notification of an add..

don't worry its all good :) i'll just wait if you do need, even if you don't I'll gladly help out in seeing glitches and commenting on the stuff that needs improvement :Soldier: that is once the open beta is out :Nils:

Mine's dashortquiet1. I definitely added someone with your skype name, since there was only one search result. Unless I made a typo and added the wrong person. =x

Mine's dashortquiet1. I definitely added someone with your skype name, since there was only one search result. Unless I made a typo and added the wrong person. =x

you probably added someone else, i just added you

Been trying out the beta. Kinda crazy busy with papers and finals, but will pass on some thoughts to ya on it when I get a chance to/finish everything up.

Would ya prefer I post those thoughts here or on Skype, Oreo?

BTW... Andros is fun, enjoying his animation every time I see it, and dialogue so far seems pretty decent for him, probably some instances where a bit more brevity/snappiness to the dialogue would help. But yeah... Liking the patch so far, got some great potential here! :)

Been trying out the beta. Kinda crazy busy with papers and finals, but will pass on some thoughts to ya on it when I get a chance to/finish everything up.

Would ya prefer I post those thoughts here or on Skype, Oreo?

BTW... Andros is fun, enjoying his animation every time I see it, and dialogue so far seems pretty decent for him, probably some instances where a bit more brevity/snappiness to the dialogue would help. But yeah... Liking the patch so far, got some great potential here! :)

I think skype would be the best way since we can work on the dialogue/other stuff together. Glad you're liking the patch so far. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity bump bump! Here's another teaser shot to show what I've been working work on as of late.

vExK2BJ.png

Want to know who it is?

Then click down below! Thought you had to wait for the next update huh? Nah, I did a lot more than just making another animation! So check it out!

XOPZoTe.png

Da da da daaaa! (<-- lame attempt at LoZ item theme)

I decided to make the tactician a playable character when I found out it was pretty easy to have a character name slot have the Tactician name (Thank you Arch for making a video to demonstrate how and to Xeld/Hextator/Obviam for figuring out how to do it.). Plus, I already have a mug made, so why not?

PG77agd.pngqWtanNR.pngIoqgjYD.png

More Screenshots for you!

ivFEdPb.png?1

How about another screenshot?

As the screenshots show, the Strategist class is similar to the dancer class in that he/she can make playable characters move again and is able to use swords. The only thing I couldn't figure out is to have the affinity in the stat screen to match the one that you choose when you first create the tactician when you start a new game. So I just gave the Tactician the Anima affinity since it kinda covers more affinities (fire/wind/thunder). So there you have it. I hope you enjoy this update while I continue working on the gameplay aspect of the hack.