The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's barely anyone but you who hosts OC games nowadays but is there anything you find essential in OC games that SF hosts should be vary of when designing OC games?

Considering how most people mainly play and host role madness NOC games, what roles do you like in NOC that's not fun in OC and vice versa?

@Manix:

1) It's a pretty good role. It has a level of elements that are investigative and protective at the same time, so it is pretty versatile and that makes it interesting. How good it is depends a lot on setups, generally (this is obvious and applies to every role, but I think watcher is one that is particularly affected by each individual game), but I generally rate it pretty highly among power roles.

@Prims:

1) If CM6 counts then certainly. On my own, I don't know.

2) It's why I play less than I used to.

@j00:

1) Always take into consideration what impact having OC will have on a given role/rule/item/whatever. As obvious as it seems this can easily be the downfall of a setup. Compared to a NOC game, either town should be weakened or non-town factions should receive buffs (I am more partial to the latter since I like high-power setups), because of the inherent advantage having OC is to town.

2) I can't immediately think of any role that I dislike in the transition from NOC to OC (other than roles that give OC, which you don't need because of the setup being OC), but I think silencer is a 100% acceptable role in OC, for example. Related to question 1, I think the transition from NOC to OC you have to be more careful with some because while OC is just pretty nice/bad for some roles and stuff, you have to keep an eye out for ones that are particularly impacted by it (ex town hijacker turns from okay NOC role to potential OC powerhouse).

eclipse: ;/

@Prims:

1+2) FE12 is tedious and not fun. 13 isn't exactly a well balanced or very thought out game, but when I play it I at least enjoy myself, which I cannot say for 12.

Paperblade: ;/

@eclipse:

1) Chapter 3 is a perfectly valid example of everything I don't like about the game, though it is very amplified there. There are no maps that I particularly enjoy, a very large part of the cast is completely awful, and the prologue is not something I enjoy running through- at least after the first time in FE7, Lyn Mode is optional.

After some point questions like this become "why is your definition of fun different from mine," so don't ask them anymore I guess (though I think my time is almost over.)