Fire Emblem: The Zombie Outbreak (Name subject to change)

Willie

Fire Emblem: The Zombie Outbreak

Hello, and welcome to my hack! It's a reskin, I know, (I will get to event hacking when I'm ready and have more free time). So anyways, Here's the overview.

Story

The main character is a swordswoman, named Miseko. Her family was murdered by zombies. Yeah, that's basically it. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia, and she's been surviving there.

Characters

Miseko, the main character. (Replaces Lyn)

Nidor, girlfriend of Gordon. A horseback rider. (Replaces Kent)

Gordon, boyfriend of Nidor. Also a horseback rider. (Replaces Sain)

Progress

Prologue: 100% done

Chapter 1: 100% done

Chapter 2: 10% done

Screenshots

8cUDMly.png

9cuQQHs.png

fjNw3Fy.png

DQbi2s9.png

Download

Currently not released.

Credits

​NiCKT - for the great mugs

A lot of people - for making tutorials and answering my questions

Myself - For the everything else

Edited by Willie11111

You use imgur so use the one that say forum/board to link. alternatively, you could slap on link[slashimg] on each one. (questionmark default button for slash)

Edited by Fateborn

You use imgur so use the one that say forum/board to link. alternatively, you could slap on link[slashimg] on each one. (questionmark default button for slash)

Thanks, anyway I could make them smaller?

Thanks, anyway I could make them smaller?

use the virtual boy advance's snapshot. it automatically have them at the original size even if you have them zoomed out to play I don't remember the default key since i rebind it to 1.

You can find it in options/joypad/configure. the key is on Capture.

Edited by Fateborn

• 4 weeks later...

Still no release?

Your hack looks cool storywise. I also like the main character's outfit and the dark color; It seems similar to my own character, however, her hair is red. :P

Hope you keep updating.

Still no release?

Your hack looks cool storywise. I also like the main character's outfit and the dark color; It seems similar to my own character, however, her hair is red. :P

Hope you keep updating.

Thanks! I will probably release it after I finish the chapter with Florina and Wil, but I am going to try to change classes, (Don't know how yet, gonna look into it...)

My plans in the future are to make custom maps and maybe, just maybe battle animations. I'm also trying to change map sprites, but I can't figure out how.

Oh, also, I got a new laptop for Christmas so I might have lost some stuff. I will have to re-download them.

Thanks! I will probably release it after I finish the chapter with Florina and Wil, but I am going to try to change classes, (Don't know how yet, gonna look into it...)

My plans in the future are to make custom maps and maybe, just maybe battle animations. I'm also trying to change map sprites, but I can't figure out how.

Oh, also, I got a new laptop for Christmas so I might have lost some stuff. I will have to re-download them.

Well I didn't know much about hacking a few months ago. But I went through some threads and have learned a lot ever since. No, I still can't insert custom music or custom battle animations, but that is about all I need to learn.

I'd say search for the stuff you need to learn about and you will be fine by going over it. It's kinda simple, really.

Good luck to you, hope all goes well. And, if you need help finding the threads that speak about how to change map sprites, I can point you there, just let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

So how's your project coming along? Just curious. Also, have you thought about allowing people to join your hack? I would submit a character if you allowed it. I hope you don't give up on your project, it looks good.

So how's your project coming along? Just curious. Also, have you thought about allowing people to join your hack? I would submit a character if you allowed it. I hope you don't give up on your project, it looks good.

I haven't worked on it for a while, but I don't plan on abandoning it. I just don't want it to feel like the only thing changed is the sprites, which is kind of what's happening right now.

And sure, you can submit a character! (Anyone can if they want.)

Just put the:

Name:

Class:

Items:

Personality:

Mug (if you have one):

Nice. That is good to know. :) I wanna see it finished. Ok, so I will give you a character. Though I will submit some information now, I might edit it later in time, okay? First I will submit a female, and if you allow me to submit a second one later in time, I will probably submit a male. Thanks by the way. You're awesome!

Name: Gena

Class: Archer, for now

Items: Iron bow, Vulnerary,

Personality: Quiet, Reserved, Friendly, Serious.

Mug (if you have one): I will sprite it and then submit it.

Though I will submit some information now, I might edit it later in time, okay? First I will submit a female, and if you allow me to submit a second one later in time, I will probably submit a male.

Yeah, you can submit another if you'd like. And feel free to edit it later. Also do you want to be a tester? You could find bugs or suggest better things to put in certain spots. It's up to you, you can if you'd like. :)

A tester, huh? What else is required of me besides what you have mentioned?

Ok, I will submit the other character in my previous post underneath Gena. If I change anything, I will surely let you know so you can be aware of it.

A tester, huh? What else is required of me besides what you have mentioned?

Ok, I will submit the other character in my previous post underneath Gena. If I change anything, I will surely let you know so you can be aware of it.

You don't really need to do anything else, just make sure the game is running smoothly and is fun to play.

Okay, I will be your tester. Is your project supposed to be only Lyn's story? Or do you plan on going all the way? I am just curious.

I may continue for the whole game, but probably not. I'll probably just hack Lyn's story, I really hate the tutorial though.

Ohh, I like zombie stories! Although, it might be a bit hard for them to reach me all the way up here (Alaska), if they were real. Even if they did, they would just be frozen corpses! Unless they learned how to wear coats... Anyway, this sounds like a cool idea. Especially being in real-life USA.

• 4 weeks later...

Bandit zombies with axes... AWESOME!

Thanks.

Anyways, I haven't done much with it, but I have changed Miseko's class to a female mage. I would almost be finished if I could recolor palettes again.

if you could recolor palettes? are you having trouble with it?

Yes, actually. The battle animation/sprite stuff used to be easy to recolor with APE, but it won't open anymore. I am on a mac and recently upgraded to OS X Yosemite. I used wine to open it earlier, and that worked fine. Now it won't open. I haven't found any easy-to-work alternatives, yet.

• 5 months later...

I swear that mug is in the road to ruin and isn't Atlanta the same place Clementine from the walking dead is from?

Also looks like a good FE7 remake

Edited by TJP FE

I swear that mug is in the road to ruin and isn't Atlanta the same place Clementine from the walking dead is from?

Also looks like a good FE7 remake

Uh, I think Clementine is from Savannah, but I'm not 100% sure. The mug is from NICKT's open source mugs, so it could be the same.

Also, this is put on hold until I learn how to event. Reskins are kinda boring IMO.

Also, this is put on hold until I learn how to event. Reskins are kinda boring IMO.

Have you tried eventiel on the emblem brigade? That's how I learned how to event. Also Ghast has a video on how to use eventiel if you need it on his youtube.

Have you tried eventiel on the emblem brigade? That's how I learned how to event. Also Ghast has a video on how to use eventiel if you need it on his youtube.

Yeah, it's the easiest way, but I don't have time to learn right now. I'll probably learn when I get home (I'm in another country right now.)