TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

captain mac is a coming. . .

EDIT: fun fact, eli's stats can be viwed from the prep screen normally, but not when actually playing the map

Oh wow, didn't know that! Maybe I'll try to show that off at some point...

My imagination may be nonexistent but even I can make a better chapter than that. In fact, the hack I was trying to make with Nightmare before failing due to reasons was KIND of similar to this.

It was...similar? I'm sorry, but I really can't muster any sympathy for your failure.

Hello babes and bros, and welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 7: Chapter 6: Part 1: Sands of BS

SZcfagy.pngZeEoA7j.png

suoBXuw.png

Jake: so as to start their campaign against Akuma and his forces. Their journey took them to the Wyrm desert, the only desert outside of the country of Mage…

Hint: This means MORE desert levels in the future!

HROBPUH.png

We get the normal enemies-appearing-everywhere montage, except there's fog so we can't see them.

MvxvME7.pngvFuQ0dJ.png

Eli: Considering how strong you are, that doesn’t really make much of a difference for you!

Again, Blademaster needs to learn that lampshading bad stuff doesn't make it better.

HG9lonK.png

And that's what happens when you forget spaces in between commas.

Beyard: Enough joking around guys. We are on a serious mission here in enemy territory! And this sandstorm is just making things worse!

Farina(?): Darling, please…you need to calm down. Talk a breather and relax for a bit.

Beyard: I don’t think we have that luxury anymore.

Mac: Well! I’m impressed you noticed! Seems that some bandits think that we must be some easy pickings!

Wait...huh?

Farina(?): Well then, I say we go and show them otherwise, right boys?

But...there aren't any bandits around! Nobody's attacking us! Sure, there are bandits in this desert, but they aren't even trying to attack us! What if they're PEACEFUL bandits?

Eli: Right!

Beyard: Well then, let’s prepare for battle then.

Surely a good time to cut to preparation screen?

29WZg5C.png

Wrong, we get some bandit talk! Yup, these are our bosses!

EuI1Njz.png

Erm...

XoTF5gy.png7VrMgGI.png

...bandits?

PQRdOOq.pngaltPeGr.png

Now we aren't just killing bandits, we're killing bandits WITH BRAIN DAMAGE! Our heroes!

lKmydjT.png

We barely have any, we gave 3/4 of our funds to some other bandits! AFTER we kicked their butts!

kO1u2Dk.png

Peaceful, brain damaged, ZOMBIE bandits. Can we PLEASE just go around?

Jasmine(?): Do you think it was bad idea to let that pregnant ho go? She go and run to Mage…

When suddenly, normal dialogue!

ffLI4G9.png

*foreshadowing*

Paul(?): I sure she be fine… that gurl was’n from that Landaxe tribe fur Nuthin’!

Jasmine(?): Hey Maggie, who do you think the father is?

Maggie: Well Rose, I reckon it be one of us right?

*bandits losing all my sympathy*

*realizing that the situation is so ambiguous that there's no way to be sure*

Rose: Yeah…yeah… But she be fine. Even if she is pregnant.

BP31VaN.png

You guys are bandits, but you have MORE THAN A FEW non-bandit units in your number. You don't have any right to complain!

Rose: Yeah… weird…

Maggie: Yeah… word…

END DIALOGUE

ia9KdK2.png

Okay guys, let's jump right in to chapter 22!

TwBKcpC.png

Same ol', same ol'.

splQwnE.png

Just in case you didn't guess, it's Pent's map!

Tlpki3y.png

fkfhgj7.png

Hey look! New units! Let's look at them!

WkSBXzA.pngUcSuCPJ.pngkbniMUI.png

Wow, Blademaster. Just wow. Way to completely trivialize Flo! Faun is an amazing pegasus knight, way better than our other units, made even MORE useful by the chapter she comes in! She's also our first unit who can actually unleash a magic attack(wind sword)!

3dajqna.pngaQQ57UN.pngWe8I8Yy.png

Beyard is equally amazing.

But the last one, Mac...

0gQ25aL.png72YbDEK.pngzYqN6nU.png

EVERY. UNIT. TRIVIALIZED. ALL OF THEM.

Yeah, the game basically hands you three units here that trivialize literally every other unit in the army. These three will be carrying the team for, well...the rest of the first part of the hack.

Seriously, maxed CON, nearly maxed def/strength, and maxed HP...this guy is THWOMPier than Chaos mode Guy!

9puqKNE.png

Right away, Fauna flies into a female thief nest.

UP1rJLP.png

They've gotten...a bit...better.

vaXYLtX.png

BUT NOT ENOUGH

LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL PURPLE PALETTE

OH MAN

Zg37cp8.png

The first turn is us moving forward...

T2kBsAt.png

WHEN SUDDENLY THE BOSS COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND CRITS BOWEN TO DEATH

Now, I want you to look at that screen. Specifically, the fog. Notice anything? AT ALL?

Here's the thing. This chapter, the fog only lets you see TWO spaces.

NO FRICKIN THIEVES.

NO FRICKING TOARCHES.

WE'RE KINDA SCREWED.

FK6h5OH.png

This time, Eli leads the charge instead. Here's Maggie's position. Seriously, you put him RIGHT NEXT to the starting positon?

OqGe0gk.pngb5CjT6V.png

Blademaster has moved from "misleading" to "outright lying", it seems. His stats are bad, but killer axe+berserker bonuses makes for a BS boss.

Mac, you have permission to destroy.

fUU40y3.png

DANGIT! I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION FOR THAT!

XWaxznw.png

I guess we'll have to rely on old methods...

149LHzK.png

You know what? Maybe that one WAS my fault.

Ks0H81D.png

*some savestate abuse later*

xI1XXCh.png

Did these guys rape this "Jill"? Is there even a way to KNOW?

0MzYtml.png

We don't get any promotion items in this hack.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but in Blademaster's "hidden item and convo guide", he says you can find a bunch of silver weapons in the desert. He doesn't say where, of course. And I'm NOT going to go to the trouble of searching for them!

RuAppDL.png

Mac and Beyard are leading the expedition into the fog!

rALlC8n.png

Maybe I should have done this earlier...didn't Anna say something about this house?

W4QEz7k.png

Crapportrait: I was once the leader of the Dangelo bandits. But I quit that job. It was too much work! Now I just sit in this hut and rot… But I can’t stand just doing nothing!

3uzUbhp.png

That's right!

Crapportrait: Let me help! I was once part of the Merc 5! Those two shit stains are nothing! What? How do I know there are two of them? Hm, hm, hm, trade secret!

You know, that guy's dialogue was surprisingly clear, right up until the last part...which is ironic considering his portrait...

bw5YQPD.png

So, he's a warrior.

Liurro8.png5vvN7CX.png7hYtbv5.png

And not a half-bad one at that! Basically, Dangelo is yet another uber crutch character who you'll never want to not use ever. He's also notable for possibly being an attempt at a custom portrait, as he looks pretty crappy and I don't recognize him from anywhere. A recurring theme in this hack is that everything gets infinitely worse when Blademaster DOESN'T copy it from someone/thing else. The maps, the portraits, the altered game mechanics...

aL0L9I3.png

I feed Flo a kill. She will NEVER match up to Fauna, seriously.

7e2m77j.png

This random thief lady has a runesword. Magic sword on thieves in a desert...such balance...

G4wY5E5.png

Nova gets one more level, and I think that's all the Corrupt Theocracy I'm gonna make you guys endure for today. See you all next time, as we finish this terrible, terrible chapter!

Yeah, this chapter and the last chapter are probably some of the worst ones in the game. It gets...a bit...better after this...

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything touched by him will become terrible :p

oioioioi, back up a little here. the hack is bad, not blademaster himself.

i mean saying something like that is both rude, and mean spirited man.

so be a little more chill bout that aight?

oioioioi, back up a little here. the hack is bad, not blademaster himself.

i mean saying something like that is both rude, and mean spirited man.

so be a little more chill bout that aight?

Well, I've never seen him personally, as he appears to have dissapeared off the face of the earth before i came upon serenes....so yea, this is just a general assumption from what I've heard. Apparently, not one good thing has been said about him so far about what I've seen.

Well, I've never seen him personally, as he appears to have dissapeared off the face of the earth before i came upon serenes....so yea, this is just a general assumption from what I've heard. Apparently, not one good thing has been said about him so far about what I've seen.

hmm. . . still better to hate the hack first, and if you ever had to deal with him then judge him yourself and see if he is someone you would have a beef with i guess. . .

or just hate the hack i suppose

I personally take the policy of "insult the creation, not the creator". Even the creator is an inactive guy who probably was very annoying back when he was around.

I think Dangelo is one of the bosses from FE4 chapter 1. Gandolf?

holy shit your right

its the exact same description.

Wow, seriously? I guess I shouldn't have assumed custom-ness...

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 7: Chapter 6: Part 2: Sandy Sands of Sandy Sand(I HATE SAND)

Quick reminder, we can only see two spaces in the fog, there's tons of desert and enemies around, and there's still a boss somewhere out there...

gwgl0Uk.png

Oh, THERE'S the boss! And he has a LONGBOW! Such good game design!

K9b1AuT.png

Dangelo just doesn't care about you fools.

fgxPCn5.png

Here's Beyard's palette. Looking back, I actually forgot to get Rose's stats/description. Well, they probably didn't contain anything important.

YVIA9rN.png

I'm serious guys, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think silvers have had their MT buffed.

byqViDP.png

MAC IS UNSTOPPABLE

NOTHING CAN STOP HIM

Jc5Rzq6.png

Oh, now there are warriors coming out of the fog!

nC5sd7r.png

Yup, these prepromotes are still pretty OP. We'll have trouble, unless we use OUR OP prepromotes...

NyxGOxP.png

And they have poison bows! Joy!

kLlRCAk.png

Phew, close one!

r6hNxYA.png

1zEsWKZ.png9rSIfUu.png

I let Eli have a kill, and a level.

y2AEWg0.png

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY LURK UP AHEAD

THERE'S NO WAY TO KNOW

WHICH IS WHAT MAKES THIS BS

X2rZUaY.png

Dat skill...

wpKEeQI.png

Suddenly, the screen starts moving up and down rapidly at the beginning of every enemy phase! That's...reinforcements spawning. Of course.

HNf5OVh.png

Fauna will scout them out...

oC7Pf8u.png

You know, I love how Blademaster goes all "if you don't know how to deal with fog of war..." when there are two(three?) tactics for dealing with it: Thieves, toarches, and torch staves. And he gives us NONE of those, and therefore no way to adequately deal with fog of war! What GREAT game design!

kwM2OEW.png

EXPLORATION!

bt12NJr.png

HAWKEYE BERSERKERS FROM NOWHERE! That could have been bad...

dpaDWV2.png

But nope, Fauna's still OP.

cW78UcN.pngEy64LRD.png

Uh oh! And yeah, that's a FEMALE hero.

6J4aHvi.png

With...a male hero portrait...this is kinda like that one shaman in Chaos Mode who was a female outside of a battle but a male in battle.

hm4AxdZ.png

There's also an Ava lookalike on the bottom! That's right, today is obligatory reference day to other hacks I've played!

x41s7Bv.png

There's also assassins, presumably still with silencer.

URZLthx.png

Fauna retreats, she's too hurt...but now we can't keep an eye on the top forces...

d3KRIqP.png

Suddenly, an assassin comes up, doubles Eli, and kills him! Wow. He didn't crit or activate silencer, even!

1Ua9s1h.pngzS1AfDf.png

It would be gameover, if I hadn't decided long ago to use the power of the...

7gfz5SZ.png

Savestate! This time, Eli hangs back, and Flo discovers a random bandit attacking us from behind! This is bad news, because WHAT IF THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE

SLLhC3g.png

Eli is AGAIN attacked by an assassin, but this time he lives.

6g3nF0P.png

Did I mention those warriors have swordslayers? What a GREAT item to put in the fog!

dVwKV93.png

Especially since it gives Fauna a use here!

Tu3x1h9.png

Dem stats... SOOOO much better than Flo!

DujLGO2.png

Okay, here's where the top troops are gonna come from...probably.

eRev3Do.png

How many more do we have to kill before we're done? I can see so little of the map that I don't even KNOW.

ZOdPx3O.pngJgbjfnj.png

Dangelo is attacked a bunch, but he does pretty well for himself(he's wielding his bow)...

O090Vtk.png

And then that happens. MEDIC!

a6DiGaZ.png

Suddenly, Nova uses his high luck to score a silver!

TM1oa1z.png

Does the silver axe NORMALLY have the same MT as a silver bow?

P0NJXtU.png

Poor enemies...here they thought they were getting close.

hhvV6Pl.png

I manage to get Bowen a chip level, and I decide it officially...NEVER USING YOU AGAIN!

9886vAC.png

Henry though...Mac is clearly better in every way, but he has potential...

VINMD09.png

Fauna deserves it a lot more than you, Flo!

MBKeMxE.png

There are no immediately obvious enemies, and none are coming at us, so let' scout back here...

6mpfX3n.png

Where could they possibly be?

5suKAyI.png

Oh hey, there's a fighter!

5tny8Zd.png

Annnnd we're done.

F2Vu1jq.png

Eli: So that was the strength of the true Merc warriors…

Those weren't Merc warriors! Those were bandits! Peaceful, brain-damaged, zombie rapist bandits that you BRUTALLY MURDERED!

Beyard: That’s right kid. And the battles are only going to get even tougher. You should watch your back.

LYyc5iY.png

Mac: undeniable.

Eli: That it certainly is.

No joke. Beyard is good enough to do a solo, almost.

WaGIsMC.png

3ZFRrSr.png

You know what sounds fun? How about a chapter filled ENTIRELY WITH PREPROMOTES?

There are only two chapters left in the "Part 1"(Lyn's mode) of this game, and I'll probably try to get them both out later today! Stay tuned!

The Silver Lance has the same might here as it does in FE7 and FE8.

Looks like Silver Bows were buffed, though.

Really? Huh, good to know.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 8: Chapter 7: Mac is Best Dragon

P4r0PlT.png7timMcF.png

Well, for once we actually get a proper fade in. Are you all excited to be fighting manaketes? Don't be, they're just normal troops. Remember, dragons lost the ability to transform for whatever reason in-story, so...

87sOgMy.png

Anna: and CO keep moving forward. But little do they know, an unexpected enemy is about to show up…

Maybe for Eli, but not for the player. Is there any way we WOULDN'T end up fighting these guys? I think the only nation whose troops we don't totally slaughter at any point is Repub.

0abPQcR.png1l4dOZs.png

Standard enemy deployment. Then we cut to Eli and Flo having a calm chat...Dissonance!

ep4KbJK.png

Eli: Flo! It’s been a while since we last spoke… I thought you had been avoiding me…

Flo: And I had been thinking the same…

Eli: This whole Dragon thing…I asked my father about it, but he would not say anything. All he said was that I am his son and I should be happy knowing at least that…

Flo: Eli…Maybe he is right…I mean…You still… You still also have me… right…?

Wow, that's a lot of visible silence!

Eli: Flo…

And now Eli's doing it too!

Flo: And I… I Love you… So please… For me…

nhePz7y.pngBWBnDk8.png

ZRdXX5g.png

Flo: Nova! Then, does this mean…

Nova: That’s right. Members of the Dragon clan are approaching.

Eli: This isn’t good! I need to tell Beyard now!

So, they detect the Dragons by "sensing" them...when there's a lot of Dragon troops a few hundred feet away from them, easily in seeing range.

BtAp0uU.pngVL9TmJ2.pngo5O4Y0P.png

Nova is a Prinve, who would have thought!

Old guy: overlook something? No. That’s impossible. Neither Master Urien or God are ever wrong. What is going on here…

Now, see there's a little hole in the plot here. It's simple: WHY THE HECK ARE THESE GUYS ATTACKING US? They were a neutral nation up until now, and when they approach, we IMMEDIATELY ASSUME it's to kill us(actually, maybe that's just being genre savvy to fire emblem...). I mean, maybe they want their prince back, but if that's the case, why not just ASK? I mean, we saved him from his kidnappers, we've just been holding on to him since then!

END DIALOGUE

0suZ6qO.png

Whatever, let's get started on Chapter 8. That's actually Chapter 7.

l5krM1Y.png

Despite the influx of new units, the game gives us little in the way of deployment slots. I leave quite a few of the umpromoted regulars out in exchange for our awesome new promoteds.

h3QBB5H.png

So yeah...their numbers aren't too high, but they ARE all prepromotes. Literally every one!

Also, this is that Lyn mode map where ballista are introduced. Here, they're mysteriously absent.

h9OXro5.png

Hey, they actually have the dragon portrait thingy! Also, do you notice anything...off about this image? Look closer at those combat stats... I'll tell you in a minute...

WqseRHj.png

The good news is, none of these guys are THAT tough! They all have silver weapons, but at least they aren't level 10!

VBcZQcK.png

See this? Judging by stats, this should be 6 crit.

That's right, in this hack, all troops marked "Dragon" have PLUS TWENTY CRIT! FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE! In story, this is because they are really swift and skilled, but still...

Also, as you know, Eli and Flo are of course "exempt", and Nova can't exactly make good use of it.

goDZRyQ.pngxpvxeDW.png

Just for once, we have a boss who's tougher than his own minions. Still not amazing, of course.

uUGJsnP.png

This is never gonna change. is it? There is one last hope I have for this to change, let's wait and see...

RPoRGIN.png

The armory next to our position sells lots of very, very overspecialized weapons.

LvHKYCO.png

I was just contemplating how useless the devil axe is, since we have silver axes, which have the exact same MT...

x8i6rhj.png

A bag containing 5,000 G is worth...5,000 G! WHAT A SURPRISE!

eqHi0yO.png

Dangelo will lure out these troops.

Okay, listen guys. You know what? I'm tired of even trying to humor this hack's attempts at gameplay. I just want to get it out of the way, really.

a67b2QZ.png

SO LET'S LET MAC WRECK EVERYTHING!

wwAyKTu.png

Right away, the enemies start charging at us! Hah! The fools!

iwbzTmV.png

These guys don't stand a chance.

YRW73RR.png

Get WRECKED!

xU2yvwE.png

NOBODY can resist him!

tVJZweq.png

You know, Blademaster could have left those generals to barricade the bridge. But he didn't.

8rLDnQA.png

This Dragon guy actually CRITS Mac here.

c3j9nYn.png

And Mac crits right back, and does a DARN BETTER job of it too!

MTXt3Pj.png

You only delay the inevitable!

41I2RQu.png

Gee, I wonder what's in here?

kgb1DLE.pngi2f7v54.pngoowfieG.pngB0xvQ3J.png

...Okay, I'm convinced. Blademaster himself hates lances, and this is all an author tract.

1B2Et41.png

ALL WILL DIE

EXCEPT MAC

5Jh2O1A.png

TU58cLS.png

Everybody clusters around Mac, but I have a plan...meanwhile, the bishops have left the safety of their forts...

VTeDzzW.png7q9b818.png

Suddenly, I have my other units swoop in on he prepromotes, just so Mac can kill that last healer!

Lxz3zDL.png

Dang, it's a good thing I picked up another one back at that armory.

kP4xauC.png

Eli just keeps pushing his strength higher! As long as he has strength, he will remain relevant...

Furi2r2.png

Alright, let's just finish this. Reinforcements could come any minute...

sFzsFPG.png

BEGIN THE ASSAULT!

tT2Yn4e.png

Beautiful.

3iSpx5P.png

Meanwhile, let's murder this last guy...

vfqtNwF.png

Remember the fire brand, the custom weapon? Well, it turns out that whenever it's used, the background music cuts out. No, really, the animation causes the game to glitch. I'm serious, everything Blademaster does on his own here is wrong in some way!

kreW8wl.png

The hero attacks Fauna, who kills him, and Sunbue attacks Mac, who also kills him.

eucnGgs.pngAyciWNl.png

*drools*

3LQfAfB.png

Okay then, guess the chapter's over! That was easy! There were probably reinforcements that would eventually come from the forts, but thanks to Mac, we finished the chapter before they could arrive.

Beyard: such efficient combat skills before…

Nova: That was one of the Dragon mobilization squads. They were probably looking for me…

Beyard: Well, none of them would listen to reason so we had to take them out. Sorry.

W...What? "They wouldn't listen to reason"? You didn't even TRY! They just approached us and we CASUALLY MURDERED them for NO REASON!

That's it, I hereby declare Eli and all his friends "designated heroes".

Nova: No, it’s alright… I just hope that’s the last we see of them.

Great way to treat the murder of your clansmen. Just...great.

Eli: The Dragon clans…they are not to be underestimated.

Actually, that was the fastest battle we've had in quite a while.

Id9Celh.png

Next time: The FINAL CHAPTER of Part 1!

Well, we've almost finished "Lyn's Mode". Just wait until you see the "changes" the second mode brings!

oh my gosh i keep remembering how bad this plot is.

its also wierd that dispite everything, this unbearable tutorial is only 8 or 9 chapters, but its a good thing.

The plot really is the "excuse for action" game plot, except it tries to pose itself as a real plot, and it just doesn't work.

Also, I would honestly say the quality improves ever so slightly in part 2, although not much.

Hello babes and bros, and welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 9: Chapter 8: All Bad Things Come to an End...But Not Right Now

nIgbBZ3.pngemr2UVI.png

What a great name for an ending chapter. It's really...fitting.

And yup, the final Lyn's mode map is being used here.

WM9NnNy.png

Jake: Behold, the Final Chapter of Part 1. Good luck!

...good journey? GOOD? GOOD!?!!?

BqvJK9y.pngw1ADRHI.png

Standard enemy/ally deployment. They're still all prepromotes, but there aren't many of them. Mac shouldn't have any trouble.

c4Kj8lE.png

Beyard: Hmph. So this is it huh? Pathetic. If we were a larger division, we would destroy them no problem.

Mac: Well, that’s not the case. We must do our best to capture this Akuma. He needs to be interrogated.

About...what? And don't Merc warriors NEVER break under "interrogation"?

Fauna: Well then, let’s go! Time to end this!

1rH97mg.png

Akuma is a...berserker.

nKdQcSk.png

Akuma(?): So Gelo’s treachory is finally catching up eh?

What, is mr generic bandit seriously still relevant? Why are we even pretending here?

2svcOuq.png

Wait, uhhh?

uGdKEJa.png

Akuma: The power of Pyron will be mine. That boy, Nova, he is one of the many keys. Aurora and Ohana have told me so! I know it! I will become the new god of this world and plunge everything into fire! Burn! BURN!

So yeah, Part 1 is basically foreshadowing for Part 2. Either way, we've got to finish it.

END DIALOGUE

2z35Fe8.png

This is not Chapter 10!

TdpY7oo.png

We get 12 units! Most of the people I'm bringing won't even get to SNIFF combat.

Dyuqrm1.png

GUESS WHO WILL BE LEADING THE CHARGE.

xKHAMyc.png

I'm hoping this will quit at the start of part two. If not, it's confirmed to go on forever.

ZBG1COI.png

These guys are pretty tough, but not THAT tough.

ZViuHHz.png

As you can see, we OUTNUMBER the enemy.

eyF88lx.pngNX85j6y.png

Akuma actually isn't a COMPLETE pushover. He violates the HP cap, and has nice stats, but he stands no chance against Mac and the other prepromotes!

zRLeUVx.png

Our immediate goal is to push to this village, for reasons.

quJULW7.png

Nova gives Mac an extra push to help the murder!

LARDaMC.png

Fauna moves to intercept these guys before they give us trouble.

QXxFFOe.png

Let's get started with the houses!

FiHGIwJ.pngjOqVD4P.png

Gush girl: He had long grayish hair and was really sexy! Just thinking about him makes me…ohhhhhh! You should meet him!

Long grayish hair? Really sexy? Could it be...Markyjoe's avatar thingy? Did that even exist back then? Either way, we MUST head for the villiage.

O4oZyLq.png

Mac doesn't care about weapon triangle diadvantage. Three powerful mooks attack him and what does he take? ONE DAMAGE.

NnlNW6T.png

I never showed the stats of the wind sword. NOT SURE if this is in the main game.

But seriously, dat hit...is that more hit than chaos mode poison lances?

2bztmu4.png

uEt0IvA.png

...This isn't going to take long.

UkzaprE.pnghtATd8I.png

Fauna finishes the berserker, and decides to head for these three.

tPXVUue.pngwYKLiu6.png

Anna: There are 15 playable characters in Part 1.

j9YsG7T.png9cgcv4S.png

Honestly, I think more than 20% of your characters should make you go through actual work to get them. So many powerful characters are just dumped into your lap...

fQihEcs.png

Anna: Barry by Henry in chp 1. Dangelo by house in chp 6.

fdWhzXa.png

Anna: Well, have fun!

Well, now we know for sure that the village has a character! Also, all of Anna's tips were about the past or present, and not the future!

4cQZrLk.png

Fauna finishes her part...

PsVXHTI.png

And Akuma is ALREADY THE ONLY ONE LEFT! Seriously? Talk about schizophrenic difficulty! I can't just move down and take Akuma out with Fauna(she's not that good), so I'll have to make the ground troops take a long, boring trek...

gxylIpN.png

Let's get more stuff!

W3TE5WI.png

And see what this "Karlo's" deal is!

QW7YNuo.png

Karlo: So it is time to feast again already… And the target is Akuma…? Perfect. Stay out of my way. I will make quick work of this prey and if you get in my way… You will join him.

0xK3wgq.png

Ho5oQTj.png

So, basically, Karlo is a stoic swordsmaster who is totally evil, very similar to Karel's personality in his tale from Elibean Nights. He only has 38 HP, so his stats can't b-

zjfcxSO.pngA5f05tr.png

HOLY WHAT? WHAT? SERIOUSLY? Karlo is basically the final nail in the coffin for the death of the game's balance. After said coffin had already been buried, in concrete, had a skyscraper built on top of it, had a tsunami hit the skyscraper, and then have the wreckage NUKED.

I think I've said enough.

9CALiV8.png

IzYhuSO.png

TOO LATE!

Prejudiced: The man who is staying there is a total

XEaSwNt.png

No no buddy, he's a blue unit. He's here to help us.

No, don't worry, there won't be any negative consequences for relying on this guy to beat Akuma.

vljZIlY.png

The next few turns are just moving. Forget Mac, this new guy can lead the charge!

agYWLjc.pnggppyVll.png

This armory is really random and pointless, especially since the boss is no longer an armored unit.

xqExqft.png

The shop is EVEN MORE pointless. Man, I hate it when shops just sell vulneraries. I mean, at least throw in an antitoxin or pure water!

weOjeIH.png

Okay. Let's just do this, Akuma is a luck-based boss, because he does have a chance to one-shot Karlo(and almost everybody else), even if it isn't a good one.

29x1nHL.png

*ONE TURN LATER*

gTENFLh.pngoK28gt4.png

Look closely at Akuma's body. It's all purple, and it almost gives off the optical illusion of glowing. It's honestly kind of cool. Also, just LOOK at how well Karlo weakened and trivialized this last boss. The one who strikes the finishing blow shall be...

hqCHk0V.png

FAUNA!

And she doesn't even gain a full level from it.

tw3GFBb.pngoKaKSh4.png

SERIOUSLY? A random reference? NOW?

YSLL8zX.png

There probably were reinforcements from the forts, but again, I just wasn't willing to stick around long enough to see them. It just would've drawn this out and made me need two updates for this chapter.

ntkzqSv.png

Beyard: he was just a nut job.

Eli: So it would seem. The power of Pyron? What foolishness.

Beyard: Right. Let us return home.

bRYVhps.png

Wait...it isn't just going to end there, is it?

BjWuojR.png

Ah, okay.

GWNIF: I see. Good job Beyard. You are dismissed!

7uo0gNb.png

GWNIF: no good with. Zypher on the other hand… He will make the greatest king Repub has ever known!

The greatest King Repub has ever known...

Repub stands for Republic.

REPUBLICS.

DON'T.

HAVE.

FREAKING!

KINGS!!!!

This plot...

Well, anyways, I present to you all: The nation named Republic that is a Monarchy!

Ether’s dad: That he will!

GWNIF: Now, if you’ll excuse me…

Suddenly, Flo and Eli appear!

ewLZ56t.png

Eli: I would like to say.

Eli’s dad: Go ahead my son.

Eli: Father, I would like to be allowed to marry Flo. We are both in love and I believe it would be the best for both of us.

Flo: Yes, Lord Enron!

Enron(Eli’s dad): Well of course! I had always been hoping for this day since you two first met! Congratulations!

Ether’s dad: So you two are going to marry, eh? Well then, I have an announcement as well. My son, Ether, is to be wed to Lady Ulala in three years!

Uh, three years?

Ether's dad: Lady Ulala wanted to go on a two year trip to Merc so she will be going along with some of her advisors and General Beyard and his wife of course! I offered to send some of my men, but she was against the Idea…

And NOBODY suspects foul play? NOBODY!?

Enron: Really? Well then, I wish them the best too!

OlCEoRD.png

Wait, I'm not the only one who actually sees the blatant flaw in this whole thing?

Eli: I agree. Ulala would never agree to such a marriage. I mean, she’s in love with Troy…

And how do these characters notice? Granted, this is probably the last of the plot holes here...

Suddenly, cut to another scene!

...No seriously, this cut was REALLY weird. It can't be adequately shown without a GIF(which I don't know how to do), but there was literally NO fadeout/fadein, it just...SNAPPED to this scene.

afPAHpD.png

?????: The fact that I personally had to come here was unecessary. We will be leaving now!

Nova: No! I don’t want to go! I want to stay here!

?????: Enough with this Foolishness. We go!

So, the king has come to claim the prince, and the prince is being kinda bratty...WHEN SUDDENLY...

gkOtdu5.png

RAPTOR BECOMES RELEVANT!

?????: …Damn it! What now!

Raptor: Leave the child alone!

He's not going to hurt him...

?????: I have no more time for this. Burn.

ezgVkPp.png23aIAvX.png

There's no special effects, but still...

?????: Let us leave, Nova.

esLFhkR.png

...Surely you won't end it like this?

No, there's one more scene.

DOpe8dX.png

Too late, awesome Mac! I guess we can blame the poor MOV of generals, but surely Ether should have showed up earlier?

kT6Cwyr.pngE7cCx7J.png

That's a lot of excitement marks!

Mac: He is clearly dead. With the exception of his head, his entire body is burnt to a crisp. Only a Mage or Dragon could have done it.

So, this guy's well-known mentor and friend is dead, and you just spew out an autopsy? "With the exception of his head"? Nice one, Mac.

Ether: And considering the people who attacked us before… Just what is happening? What does fate have in store for us?

Mildly reflecting on fate is TOTALLY what people do when a good friend dies.

And now...it really does end.

0sGwlUF.png

Lyn CG!

z2LGxUF.png

Then the Lyn's mode credits start, and they appear unchanged...

(yes, that B/W/L count is accurate, presumably because Nova takes Nils's character slot)

bujDfWh.png

But Nils is the ONLY one it shows, then it rapidly skips through all the CGs, eventually just doing MY awesome bio thing.

hWOBtlc.png

And then it does the extra scene thing.

I guess I should give Blademaster some credit here. I've heard it's really hard to hack out this sort of thing, but he did at least shorten it for us, making me sit there for only three minutes instead of ten.

6UMChtZ.png

This is my last screenshot. After I save, the game fades out WAY too quickly for me to catch the chapter title, so here's what it's called:

Tax Collectors.

I'll just let you speculate for a bit.

Well, we finished Lyn's mode! The next mode will bring massive changes. Here's a list of things you can expect:

*Ever so slightly increased quality!

*More splices and custom portraits, instead of blatant copies

*An EVER SO SLIGHT increase in quality

*Entirely new initial storyline and characters, which have little to do with the old ones

*New characters being level 1 unpromoted, thus resetting the "power scale" back to a reasonable level

*The enemies being fairly matched with us for a little while(as in, it won't last forever)

*SUPPORTS-they DO have "so bad its good" entertainment value, and I obviously can't get all of them(there are actually a lot) but look forward to the ones I DO get!

*Ever so slightly increased quality!

*More splices and custom portraits, instead of blatant copies

*An EVER SO SLIGHT increase in quality

*Entirely new initial storyline and characters, which have little to do with the old ones

*New characters being level 1 unpromoted, thus resetting the "power scale" back to a reasonable level

*The enemies being fairly matched with us for a little while(as in, it won't last forever)

*SUPPORTS-they DO have "so bad its good" entertainment value, and I obviously can't get all of them(there are actually a lot) but look forward to the ones I DO get!

hmm, appealing choice. (kinda makes ya wonder why part 1 was even really bothered with to begin with.)

Wind Sword is acquirable by linking your GBA to a Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash!

Yeah, I kinda figured. But did it really have 120 hit at base?

hmm, appealing choice. (kinda makes ya wonder why part 1 was even really bothered with to begin with.)

Part 1 was probably there so Blademaster could learn how to hack. He mostly failed in that regard.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 10: Chapter 9: Part 1: Things Start Again

tbJJ86q.png

Hmmm...

jDt86nq.png

Nah.

zp4eVwZ.png

Well everyone, this has been Corrupt Theocracy. There was more, but I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

C75TG8n.png

Kidding, kidding.

BUAzoKT.png

Totally unaltered text.

vDtpMRz.png

I'm still totally awesome, though.

5ljfnhL.png

This isn't intended to be there, Blademaster just didn't remove it.

DUESMcZ.pngAEIbnLC.png

Yeah, I got the title a bit wrong. I hope nobody's speculating was altered.

FGdZmhj.png

Jake: This part of the story takes place 20 years after part 1. So do your best to enjoy!

Yup, that's a lot of time! Tons of stuff have happened in that time-period, apparently.

8jEMq1g.png

Is it sick?

Jake: After 5 years of peace, Mage and Holy had formed the first alliance between countries ever. And all was not well. Combining their technologies(read: magic) together, the two countries created a terrible weapon.

sLF6nbQ.png

Jake: leaders of Repub.

Oh, wow. That's an interesting plot element, focusing on the effects of magical weapons on the world. A berserk staff, or even just a sleep staff, would in reality cause HUGE politics. Seriously, every FE king would need a restore staff cleric next to them at all times.

Jake: And the continent started it’s descent into darkness… But who will be the one to rise up and free the land? The man you are about to meet…

qHVVYaQ.png

Jake: for the person who will eventually free the world. But even this man’s story must be told. And so it shall.

Wow, wait to make this entire plotline, and thus the next 25+ chapters, seem entirely pointless! Corrupt Theocracy is meant to be a TRIOLOGY. The first part is the "tutorial" we just finished. The second part is the one we're playing now. The third part...well, some of you probably already know(even if you can't remember), but for the rest of you, I'll leave it in the dark, because I might just LP it someday.

Also, despite us merely "setting the course", we will STILL murder and associate with Gods, slaughter entire armies, and resolve a massive amount of disputes. So never fear, we aren't gonna run out of Corrupt Theocracy to play through anytime soon!

MHxE7xu.png

Craft: are tough!

What a great way to introduce our heroes!

Okay, I'll introduce them: From left to right: Craft and Donovan, who may or may not be splices or recolors of something else. I honestly don't recognize them from anywhere, do any of you guys recognize them? Then Sandy, who is a recolored Lyn, who also has some other sprites spliced on. Finally, Star, who is a recolored Farina. But Farina's portrait has ALREADY been used(Fauna) so it's kinda jarring.

Star: I know exactly what you mean! Having a job for once is nice!

Ztx45Rp.png

Uhhhhhh?

Sandy: Such long nights and terrible customers.

Yg8HRdU.png2SAZyKa.png

Okay. Donovan is our main lord. Blademaster paints him basically as an insanely, memetically sexy character, so much that his backstory involves him being a MALE PROSTITUTE. He has supports with most of the female characters, many of them involving them Faunaing over him. I won't be getting most of them, though, because later on he will get a canon love interest.

Also, Blademaster...listen, if you're gonna make a backstory like that, at least try to make a statement of some type. Shock value alone doth not a story make. Unless it happens in supports, these two characters will NEVER refer to their prostitution days as anything other than "ugh, prostitution sucks".

Sandy: Same… But look at Star… She was to young to do that kinda thing and Craft was still in the Holy army…

u6q2iEJ.png

AUTHOR TRACT! AUTHOR TRACT!

Craft: I’m happy to be using Axe’s now. I don’t know how my brother deals with it.

Craft's backstory is that he was a soldier in the enemy army, and he quit because he hated lances. Instead of just becoming a fighter. Oh, and he has a brother.

Donovan: He’s some big shot general or something right? The Blue Knight? Or some color like that.

Let's hope Donovan got the color right, If he's blue, we probably won't have to fight him! And he'll join us!

Craft: Yeah, something like that.

Star: Well, we have a job to do. Collecting taxes. Fun…

Sandy: …Better than prostitution.

Donovan: Definetly…

Xvo8tbA.pngWrTD2f4.png

We cut to the map, and enemies use their standard deployment. I doubt it ever changes. It's Badon port, and it's under attack by bandits!

3W3SKxg.png

Batta the Alternative Tax Collector: Get the money now while the money is good!

END DIALOGUE

XI7P2z8.png

And then we just...start. The cursor is over here for some reason.

gTSQU8Z.png

21 enemies in the first chapter...wow.

Gtk70Ue.pnghb16joD.pngy3ChGUD.png

Sandy is our secondary lord. She won't be relevant for long, at least in story. She has actually balanced, reasonable stats, at least for right now.

Note the slightly buffed speed cap.

LcI1p4o.pngpnsPdPQ.pngqBRf0nm.png

Oh, by the end of this, that description will be SO invalidated...he looks useless now, but his good defense and speed, combined with contractually high strength, mean that he will fast become very useable. On my first run, he became an uber juggernaut who wiped army after army. We'll be using him regardless, because custom promotion class. He'll need some time to get rolling, of course...

jAYXJ5A.png9HvaRQ9.png2IA2PAO.png

Wasn't a prostitute=spared the horrors of the world, huh? Anyways, Star is pretty okay as a character, but by Corrupt Theocracy standards, that means she'll be amazing! Of course, she, like everyone else, will take a while to get rolling. Honestly, this hack doesn't really give you any crutch characters from the onset, and it almost makes you wish for one.

l7c1TkN.png

If you didn't notice earlier, Donovan has a unique mercenary sprite. Unless it was used in FE6, it's actually custom, like, REAL custom. I've seen it before, too, but only in hacks...tell me, was this used anywhere in the main FEs?

arqxEy5.pngsEW3ebK.pngoPnpHKW.png

Donovan is like Vance 0.8. He has a slightly buffed skill cap(mercenaries aren't skill specialists!), and a brave sword he can't use. There isn't much else to say about him, honestly!

5We7hHE.png

I don't get why they resented tax collecting. In ye olde days, tax collectors would extort tons of extra money and keep it all in their pockets! So we get to extort people! When we're done, this town will be no better off than it would have been with the bandits.

NwUZKYI.pngHUH9lmt.pngGfDZpaJ.pngKHvH6cU.pngiyLzfhb.png

Well, that's quite a bit! We'll be keeping every penny of this "extra". Again, why did he have to put the money in item form? This is really inconsistent throughout the hack.

You know, I honestly wonder about the standard cost of living in FE. A "little something extra" is 5,000, but a massive kidnapping job meant to serve as pay for an entire group of a hundred or so bandits is only three times that. This isn't exactly consistent in the main FE games, either!

DzT9jqN.png

Let's do another one!

DQTHwWp.pngZQSK3zp.png

It's...the exact same dialogue. Okay.

LxHPcMe.png

What about the inn?

HHsH8XL.png

Informed girl: now a days… Something about Ocean and Fell contracts promoting one more class each…

Okay, if I remember right, fell contracts promote bandits(makes sense), and ocean seals promote...soldiers(Why not Knight Crests?). I'll show off the classes they promote to when we get them, but don't get your hopes up, there will be no sentinels/halberdiers.

FTmNMWJ.png

Right away, almost all the bandits start charging us. The gimmick the main game had with this map is just entirely abandoned here.

AasHsJQ.png

Craft DOUBLES and kills this guy, huh? How strong are they, again?

zFUCn3q.png

Not that amazing. Okay.

aRLzQNA.png

Sandy will handle ALL of them! See if you can spot my obvious strategy flaw!

Xq65JAl.pngN5wpoTO.pngaxCfkCt.png

Things seem to be going well...right?

h8F0kcs.png

WRONG! Sandy didn't dodge enough!

WoyewPe.pnglecN7Iy.png

Restart, I suppose.

px58HFA.png

Let's let Donovan take some this time.

Kk6SQHS.png

He can't even double them! What kind of lord is this?

iiQAffh.png

Just LOOK at all these guys! Granted, it would get like this in the original chapter, but at least there's a way AROUND it!

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but none of the houses are in danger. Good thing too, considering the size of the map and the bandit density.

Speaking of things I forgot...

iQ1UBI7.pngjvFM84K.png

Headcanon: This is inspired by the Simpsons. Bart is absolutely no trouble at all.

LuAb0Nz.png

I feed Star a kill. It'll be hard to get her some early on, but hey, at LEAST peg knights don't have to worry about their CON anymore!

DazC250.png

Gah...

yQVYDL1.png

Blademaster brings to you: Level Design Beginner Course: What Not to Do

Yeah, I'll cut it here. Next time: Kill-stealing!

For the portraits:

Sandy is a Karla recolor with Lyn's ponytail, Craft looks like Geese with different eyes and some changes to his jacket. Star is Farina's face and upperbody with Lucius' cape and Ursula's body. Donovan is Zeiss' hair, Lance's face, and Lloyd's body.

The map sprite is the beta sprite for female mercs, I think it comes from FE6

The map sprite is the beta sprite for female mercs, I think it comes from FE6

From what i recall you can see it on male mercs in development screen shots, but it is in the female "slot". Also, i belive it was left in the fe7 and fe8 code, so activating it is a matter of one nightmare click, which is probably why you see it so much in hacks.

Edited by sirmola