TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as you guys have all said, the Sun God's Challenge actually was intended to be a sequel to this using the FE8 engine. I don't believe Blademaster actually finished it(he almost got two-thirds of the way, if I remember right). I have played it, but only to the first chapter. I MIGHT LP the thing far in the future. Believe me, it DEFINITELY won't be anytime soon, especially with Elibean Nights coming out soon...

Actually it's +80 Hit (Luck only gives half hit in GBA, not full) but it's not like that matters when you're facing 20-something displayed from the most accurate enemy on the map.

Ah. And yeah, Sandy OP.

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 1: We Don't Meet Lord Eli, and There's no Marrow

UHsvLtG.png2dE6mxb.png

GUESS WHO WE'RE MEETING THIS CHAPTER?

kWgkRFi.png

Anna: Holy Repub border where Donovan will meet another who will help set fate in motion and put an end to this long conflict…

Yeah, we're gonna meet "Elliot" today. He's the son of Lord Eli from the "tutorial". I think he's sort of intended to be the TRUE hero of the story, but will he get enough plot relevance to make that a reality? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

U4hGTX7.png

Yeah, this is the second map in both Hector and Eliwood mode, and it has the same gimmick as the old one did: Tons of new characters dumped into your lap. See if you can guess who is who!

heDG1az.pngjw3ClBU.png

Donovan: All we have to do is get past Bull’s forces and meet up with this Elliot fellow right?

Flora: Yes. Lord Elliot is the youngest child of Lord Eli and his wife, Lady Flo. His older sister Lady Lila is with General Troy though.

Donovan: Alright then. Let’s go!

mkLX9Da.pngr5vhQgB.png

Legault(?): Yes. They may not have been able to find my Late Mother’s old guards, but their descendants should sound like they are fairly competent.

Old Mark: I can only hope so. I put the best two people on the job.

Elliot: I’m confident that we will see them soon. I hear they are an odd bunch though. Especially this Craft fellow.

J1MV3Is.png

Oh look. It's Serra.

Serra(?): Maybe he will understand my belief of why the current Pope is SO Stupid!

And her personality hasn't changed a bit. Also, why is the Pope stupid for NOT worshipping an evil god? I just don't get this plot.

9zMvrnm.png

Old Bowen: The enemy… Aproaches…

Lilina(?): Please Bowen… Don’t push yourself to talk more than you have to. You know how bad your throat is after you injured it…

So, yeah, that's Bowen. Doesn't really match up with that Bors portrait, does it? His gimmick is that his throat is injured and he can't speak.

Elliot: He’s right though. Let’s go!

Note: We're not going quite yet.

dLwKrha.pngVNgSmcA.png

Bull: In honor of our holy Pope, I shall not let them leave this place ALIVE!!!!!

6rArK5s.png

Sheesh man! Calm down!

END DIALOGUE

BVceFdB.png

Here we go. Still no prep screen. I hope we get one soon, there's something I wanna show.

KGv6zkN.png

So yeah, I'm sure you're all eager to see the new people.

2fTE7Vn.png7B1jNNZ.pngBn42VkU.png

Eli, despite having Roy's portrait, does not have Roy's animations or growths. They're MUCH better. This guy, however, IS comparable to Roy in one very important way, which will become continuously more obvious as we go through the hack.

FUSLAfU.pnguWfbR1q.pngmBUYx5t.png

Hellen is a lot better than Lilina. As a mage, she's no joke. But we're not using her, because I used her on my last run. Also, I sort of have a vendetta against her after her dissapointing end to the support chain with Elliot. I deleted all my old corrupt theocracy saves before I started this hack, so I doubt it's still in the support logs, unfortunately...

Don't worry, we'll get many more mages further down the line.

Uie5nfL.png

Oh yeah, custom weapon. Because we didn't have enough really accurate stuff already.

RmlO9Ya.pngi2QZ0j3.pngcPHQO9V.png

Larry is a TERRIBLE thief. However, he's the only one we got, so we need to use him. Infinite use lockpicks are quite nice, but they don't make up for 5 strength. And a 30 speed cap at the start does NOT make up for nerfed def/res caps! ...Well, actually, maybe it does. Not like he gains much of either anyway.

whm4fVK.pngNLIRI9d.pngrGmOJHL.png

Sofie is an AMAZING cleric. Remember how Sylvia in Road to Ruin climbed to level 20 because I used her so much, then promoted and was suddenly able to use those levels to fight back, and became the destroyer of worlds? Sofie is this times 10 or so. The irony is that her WEAKEST area is magic. She'll be the cleric who gets levels containing literally every stat but magic consistently.

9uGpBhq.png1UXXe6Z.pngEzutcQ4.png

Bowen LOST tons of stats in his old age. On the Jeigan-Oifey scale, he leans very much towards Jeigan(although I haven't use him, he might secretly have god-like growths). Maybe use him to support Larry and Elliot, and rob his inventory then stick him on the bench the minute you can.

7Qwi5mA.pngJLMA93G.pnggyZDF9c.png

Mark is a bit more balanced crutch, but he's also not going to be useful outside of the next few chapters. He too has lost stats in his age. His detication will never be realized.

sHPUaNq.png

Looking at the map, you can see a pattern in the enemy formations...

IjbFBYK.png

One of the knights has surprise.

OhWsuln.png2QA3YAr.png

Bull, the amazing person of suck. He's barely better than Bowen! Not a threatening boss, even if that Thunbrand is a new unbalanced custom weapon.

WbgvDWW.png

NdwAwiN.png

Greenie: Just a former soldier. I just didn’t have enough skill. I was even given this to help me improve, but I don’t need it anymore. Here. You take it.

4uZbWTd.png

Yup, just like in the original map.

Z7OJLuR.pngXy0utgr.png

Tutorial lady: more growing to do either. We can be quite skilled though!

This is the obligatory "don't-use-crutch-characters" warning. It sounds kind of odd though, coming from a non-combatant civilian.

wT4CIsK.png

We FINALLY get a shop with a full selection! I pick up an extra heal staff.

VEXnl0U.pngFM4879j.png

Girl who won’t just move: The Holy army is always so cruel… They take taxes so often… And we don’t even live in Holy! Repub is always nice though…

So, Repub is nice by letting an enemy nation take its taxes for them, and keep the money? Combining this and the "monarchy republic", I'm starting to wonder if Blademaster understands how governments work...

MzoTmIG.png

We're just starting things with a bit of luring. We don't have much firepower on the bottom.

TIMpNje.png

SUPPORTS

iddeMXh.png

Speed makes it good.

1bta9gX.png

Yup, Bull and literally every other enemy on the map but that archer on the far right moves.

RexzDil.png

vk6jryG.png

An excellent start!

tuaY5sk.png

These guys are STILL very annoying! The main games only have a few healers, but Corrupt Theocracy just spams them everywhere!

zvJkpq7.png

Sandy and Donovan will handle the top part, I want the rest to work their way down to the bottom.

SlKFLSv.pngYi0kGXI.png

Dirty old man: I wish I could have a healer heal me when I feel low on health… what’s that? You have a healer? Good for you! Don’t worry about me though. I’ll be fine.

SO MUCH FILLER DIALOGUE

J2eEof2.png

The poison sword still penetrates defense, which is basically the only reason Larry can hurt most of these guys.

LgiIa0b.png

She can take it.

m510MB0.png

mkXEx65.png

Seems manageable enough. I'll cut it here, I suppose.

NEXT TIME: WILL CRAZY STUFF HAPPEN? ANSWER: YES!

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 2: Levels and Plot and Stuff

2rM1Gs4.png

Let's start with an unnecessary crit! Wooo!

UbNiSGL.png

First level, and I have no problems with it.

iUCmxwH.png

I have to let Bowen help here.

QbOyB4G.pngDjQbuKm.png

Still not much here. I do get a heavy spear though, since we don't have one already and their price was apparently reduced.

Suddenly, the boss attacks Donovan!

MJQDhN4.png8Ez9rjh.png

I'm SO scared. The Thunbrand certainly isn't a BAD weapon, but keep in mind Bowen has one too, so it isn't exactly rare or special.

wYYjK9g.png

An excellent start, but this guy needs to get some defense, and soon.

g2Dio3a.pngsK75TyN.png

Didn't stand a chance.

WY7WMLu.png

...These levels aren't going to stop anytime soon, are they?

MsFRgEU.png

Everyone is getting support benefits today! Craft hasn't had the chance for a bandit-roar yet, unfortunately...

8pbwXK2.png

Still amazing.

v51ydxb.png

Well, it seems like we're pretty much done here. ...Right?

u7RmWUr.png

WRONG! No less than FIVE new units from the side!

dmb5TIo.png

Well, experience, here we come! This is gonna be a lot of kills!

Also, Star, I appreciate the def/res, but please get some strength soon!

rLhCFPP.png

ANOTHER WAVE?

05I5MpY.png

So, apparently they can talk...

u35VcRZ.png

Flora: Thank you sir Mark! That means a lot to me!

wIotBaL.png

...Once again, it's lines like that that make me think Blademaster might have made this as a parody.

There might be another item-getting convo here, but I was too lazy to look at the guide, so I of course wouldn't know.

i341G3c.png

jn68TZL.png

Mark: Looks like all my teachings have paid off!

Blaze: Of course! I would never let my teacher down!

O0U9I86.png

With rescuedropping, I manage to get Elliot over here. TRAINING TIME!

KeF8Dby.png

Oh wait, let's do this first.

tDV0aQa.png

Donovan: Yeah, I am. And you are?

Elliot: I am Elliot, son of Lord Eli, King of the Fire Clan.

Donovan: A king huh? Nice. But you seem kinda young to be fighting here.

X8OpUNb.png

Donovan: …For real? Wow.

...That...IS NOT THE FACE OF A 19-YEAR OLD!

cX1Ijkm.png

My grind time is made harder by some RNG.

NcOeYnz.png

And they JUST WON'T STOPthis is actually the last wave

Nqouhr2.png

Wow...maybe I should have named this another cluster**** chapter, although there will be plenty more of those later.

Ac9B4ao.png

And I was wrong-THIS is the real last wave!

kG8YPao.png

Well, this is seguing into "good game design mode(SARCASM)". You know what, why don't I just show everybody's levels?

o0QXuqT.png

Donovan gets a level. He's actually getting a pretty good spread of just about every stat.

bqryetZ.png

Sandy gets one too. She's getting close to ramming that skill cap, but the speed cap is buffed, remember.

OtXh37O.pngIT42zyE.pngEQmxbzz.png

I bet Roy never gets levels like THESE!

0iQyqA8.pngPAfLbCQ.png

SHE'S A GOOD CLERIC I TELL YOU

ZNLWXdB.pngvd3bhhP.png

Larry seems to really be working on that strength. I guess I can't complain.

Rf8NWBz.png

This guy still needs speed, but I think he's finding his niche.

bm2uHup.png

Craft is such a THWOMP. Albeit a rather fast one.

AZxTwBY.pngynRvZFy.pngLIe9Tn8.pngKiwy6O3.pngJ3UVz7i.pngfCVY8Dk.pngmITPaof.pngehaxTxv.png

So, you can study these if you want an idea of what the actual combat was like. Basically, enemies kept surviving longer than they should have, and everybody kept MISSING.

Da44Q8u.png

If you didn't notice earlier, Sofie's palette is literally just a copied Serra.

NH4CjLt.png

AND THEN IT WAS OVER

THIS TOOK SO LONG

GRAAAHHH

t8Q9NAY.png

W-what are you talking about Craft? This was TERRIBLE!

Craft: Bull and Worm both dead in one go! YES!

Oh. Well, that was a good thing, I suppose...

Craft: …But we should leave here fast. Bull was a captain. One of the Holy Triad will be here soon if someone like him is dead.

Honestly, the characterization of these guys is never really consistent

Larry: Holy Triad?

Donovan: You know how Merc has the Merc 5? Well, Holy has the Holy Triad instead.

GREAT. More bosses to fight.

Craft: They are made up of the Brown Knight, who is my brother,

Bummer. It looks like there are emotions and angst coming up ahead. Also, you got the color wrong.

Craft: the Great Knight Zeph, and the White Knight, Giafried.

"Giafried"? Are you sure it isn't "Giafred"? Because it sounds totally different with that i!

Elliot: Even I have heard of Giafried before. He is considered to be the most powerful human alive… He even was deemed worthy enough by the Fire Emblem to wield the Emblem Lance.

I'll explain Emblem weapons later. For now, it's enough for you to know that they somehow manage to be both OP and unthreatening.

Larry: Guess we don’t want to stick around in case one of them shows up right?

Elliot: Right. We should leave and go meet up with Merlinus.

MERLINUS! THE CONVOY! YES!

Cut to later...

doOzLD5.png

New splice: away just in time.

Not sure who this guy is spliced from. He looks pretty okay, is he an FE6 generic boss?

Ephidel(?): Well lord Zeph, I warped us here as fast as I could…

Zeph: Shut it Drum. I’m tired of looking at you. Go back to Mage before I lose my patience…

What a way to treat your mooks!

yhUFr1v.png

Drum: like that when, Giafried, Page, Cyrus, or Nigel aren’t around.

Once again, odd sentence structure. Typically, such a reference does not involve listing four separate masters.

Drum: But I shouldn’t feel angry. My master has already predicted your death…

That's right! Because WE get to kill him!

LpRsLV2.pngsJFYGqF.png

NEXT TIME: More cameos from Part 1! But Eli is still nowhere to be seen...

Or is he?

alrighty. thier's C support is along the lines of " they already start out as dating apparently, cause they are talking about their relationship and how positive it'll be because both are from high royal houses (dispite being called repub, but lets be real, blademaster has no idea what a republic is)"

the B support is Helen being all "oh my gosh why do we have to travel with such lower class filth, i wish we didn't have too" and Elilot is like "hey they are our allies you shouldn't talk about them like that" and they have a fight about it (yup getting into a fight gives you a B support)

kicker is the A support where Elilot dumps helen because he realizes she's a massive spoiled bitch, and they fight about that too, A SUPPORT GET FROM BREAK UPS

to this day i don't understand the logic behind this, other then a thinly veiled jab at Roy/Lilina thats hilariously out of character

God, why is this LP so funny? I've been laughing myself to tears for hours... Probably because this hack truly is vomitrocious... which no doubt you've heard far too many times already.

kicker is the A support where Elilot dumps helen because he realizes she's a massive spoiled bitch, and they fight about that too, A SUPPORT GET FROM BREAK UPS

to this day i don't understand the logic behind this, other then a thinly veiled jab at Roy/Lilina thats hilariously out of character

It's hard to believe this isn't a parody, especially with the R̶o̶y̶Elliot and L̶i̶l̶i̶n̶a̶Hellen support graciously summarized above. I mean, it would make sense if it were a parody, but I think that's not what Blademaster set out to do...

I look forward to more so badly s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶m̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶r̶.̶

Edited by Doctor Robert

Yes, that's an FE6 boss. Specifically, Zinc, boss of chapter 10B.

I thought so!

is it me or you really starting to enjoy this hack once you found out about the broken support system?

Well, my enjoyment did increase ever so slightly once I found out. Of course, the happenings in this chapter will drop it down again(OOOOHHH FORESHADOWING)

HELEN HAVING A DISAPOINTING SUPPORT FLOW WITH ELIOT

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BRO, I GOT THE EXACT SAME SUPPORT SET.

if you want, while i don't believe i have it anymore, i could most likely sum up every support in that tree for the rest just to further show how screwed up this whole support writing is

Wow, seriously? Are we linked by DESTINY to have done the exact same thing in relation to Corrupt Theocracy?

alrighty. thier's C support is along the lines of " they already start out as dating apparently, cause they are talking about their relationship and how positive it'll be because both are from high royal houses (dispite being called repub, but lets be real, blademaster has no idea what a republic is)"

the B support is Helen being all "oh my gosh why do we have to travel with such lower class filth, i wish we didn't have too" and Elilot is like "hey they are our allies you shouldn't talk about them like that" and they have a fight about it (yup getting into a fight gives you a B support)

Yup, that's how I remember it. A-support breakup nearly made me laugh, it was so hilariously bad.

God, why is this LP so funny? I've been laughing myself to tears for hours... Probably because this hack truly is vomitrocious... which no doubt you've heard far too many times already.

It's hard to believe this isn't a parody, especially with the R̶o̶y̶Elliot and L̶i̶l̶i̶n̶a̶Hellen support graciously summarized above. I mean, it would make sense if it were a parody, but I think that's not what Blademaster set out to do...

I look forward to more so badly s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶m̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶r̶.̶

Encouraging words ALMOST make this hack worth it! Thanks!

The CHAPTER 13 PRELUDE!

Or, the BIGGEST SCREWUP YET

q61kJri.pngkovS2gm.png

But game? What KIND of strike is it? An airstrike? A tactical strike? An F bomb strike?

VzIstu4.png

Jake: to be back!... Only to be fighting your own people.

Wait, what?

Jake: And the first target is King Ether, Father of Lord Larry and husband of the late Lady Ulala…

So, basically, "freeing" Repub does not mean freeing it from an enemy country. It means murdering most of the soldiers inside it. This isn't introduced properly, and as a result I'm quite confused, as the game can't seem to decide whether or not to refer/portray them as "rebels" or "tools of Holy".

And yes, Ether most certainly DID turn evil.

jusEEwz.png81BmNWC.png

Enemies and allies get scattered around the map in seemingly random positions, as usual. It's the standard Laus map. Man, when are we gonna get back to custom maps?

k0YRqWS.png

Merlinus: General Troy is by that village down there!

Merlinus drops the veil of a slight rename+splice, and is straight-up copied from FE7. I'll discuss him in more detail later.

Elliot: And it looks like he is already engaging some of Ether’s troops. We will likely need to invade the castle after this…

Donovan: General Troy… What kind of person is he?

Merlinus: He was once Lady Ulala’s personal guard until she married Ether. After that, he replaced his brother as second in command of the combined Repub army. He was a much happier man when he worked with Lady Ulala and was even sadder than Lord Ether when she died.

XXhxsGm.png

W-what? Our hero just snidely comments in an out-of-character fashion, judging a man as "broken" just for being sad? What sort of writing is this?

Donovan: I thought he would be someone I could relate to.

He's a more relatable character than YOU!

Elliot: And why is that?

Donovan: Dunno.

...I just...I don't even...

UlRnxbz.png

MOVING ON TO TROY'S FORCES!

xMnDuee.png

Troy: very good. Lady Lila, you should escape. I will do my best to prevent the enemy from getting to you. Gringo, Mary, you two go with her.

I'm not sure who or what Part2! Troy is spliced from, but he does NOT look good. Gringo is a splice as well, I'm guessing something from FE8 recolored and with armor. He looks a bit better, I suppose.

Priscilla(?): Troy…

xXfXsus.png

Gringo: Lord Elliot’s forces had arrived.

I love this line. "Before he died, our scout reported that..."

Also, that scout must have died REALLY RECENTLY, considering when we arrived, which was less than a minute ago.

Mary: It would be best if we go and meet with him.

Troy: Good. You know what to do. Get to it!

IOkmf3O.pngd9wSTGi.png

Noob knight: Will you come to aid us?

Ether: No. My forces shall remain inside incase yours fall. If we can kill Troy and Elliot here, only Eli and Henry will remain. And when they go, the glorious and holy Pope shall finally rule! GLORY TO THE POPE!

Noob knight: GLORY TO THE POPE!

Guess what the knight is really named. Go on.

END DIALOGUE

iuWbFNC.png

We finally have a prep scr-uhhh?

Hdn93LV.png

Oh hey! Blademaster actually put fortunes in! Considering all the things this hack does, it could be really helpful!

E3G8ng9.png

This is gonna be soooo worth it!

qHFsyJ1.png

Well, uh, most of those cavs have armorslayers, actually...

jG9VTId.png

Wait, what? The cleric girl isn't needed for anything this chapter!

3Lq00Fz.png

...Yup. It's just UNEDITED FE7 DIALOGUE. And because thanks to the copied maps, the chapter number is always jumping around, and because of that we constantly toggle between Nils and this lady. This screen is both glitchy and useless.

L0WVSxD.png

Unedited rank screen too.

6jZW6eR.png

We have Merlinus, but we can't use him QUITE yet, unfortunately.

You know, there's something I kinda want to share... And that's Part 1 feels kinda pointless. I mean, you spend all that time with those characters-even if it isn't a GOOD time-and then come Part 2, it's 20 years later and everyone is replaced with a crutch character prepromote version, There's no benefits to doing part 1, so it's really just-

Wait.

WAIT.

WAIT!

WAIT A MINUTE!

LOOK CLOSELY AT THAT LAST SCREENSHOT!

LOOK CLOSELY!

WCIiPVv.png

YUP!

Part 1 isn't pointless at all, because the instant you have a prep screen, all the units from Part 1 are STILL THERE!

onsNCvR.pngcsX5Fhw.png

Including destroyer of worlds Mac and Karlo!

42eonYl.png

And Ether, who we're fighting!

jnaJDG8.png

And Raptor, who we SAW DIE!

...Okay, okay. I'll calm down. Just another reason why this hack is terrible. I'm not going to use any of them, though. And you KNOW WHY?

Because if we train our units right, they'll all turn out EVEN STRONGER than Mac and Karlo.

Not to mention, none of them have supports. So there's that too.

5oWLX8u.png

So, here's the team. We are given way more deployment spots than we really need. It's like Blademaster WANTS you to deploy some Part 1 characters!

azcFWXO.png

Also, all the characters brought their upper-tier gear with them. Isn't that nice?

V3QZE4r.png

Oooooh...looks like we found where Klok got his inspiration for the Laus Chaos Mode level from!

If you're wondering why I took Bowen, it's because tent guard are important.

rGzmUUK.png

This is a REALLY LONG level. None of the enemies are tough to beat, but its quite the map.

vtHdZxm.png

This should give you a good picture of mook strength. They haven't stopped gaining levels.

00O13L2.pnguSirWEy.png

Yup, his name is Tool! His stellar defense combined with the gate makes this guy sort of tough, actually.

gI1ANqj.pngMyIb1PT.png

Astonishingly, Blademaster actually DID include some stealables! But one of the wyverns is in the group behind your starting position, and the other is on a troubador, so these aren't exactly difficulty to get.

JjMGIcD.png

Starting the chapter, Donovan has one line of dialog for seemingly no reason...

oRg1Irf.png

And then Merlinus. I'm fairly certain that scene was needed for technical reasons.

fpypV3l.png

Merlinus is...entirely unchanged.

So, let me explain MORE about the deal with him. I'm not sure if tent hacking hadn't been invented or what, but Merlinus's starting positions are, 90% of the time, REALLY weird, to the point that almost every chapter will have a new entertaining way of watching him die, a la that one soldier guy in Decay of the Fangs. I'm fairly certain the reason is because he spawns in his normal FE7 location, but because Blademaster mixed up the game's maps and added some custom ones, this results are insane. But you wanna know the real kicker?

If he survives the insane situations he gets put in, he DOESN'T EVEN LEVEL UP.

Blademaster hates tents. It's official.

C7hw4OY.png

Oh yeah, and these guys spawned in too!

8e7lbqG.pngkVDZlTX.pngcCLY2B5.png

General Troy is an actually-sort-of-good crutch character, which is a good thing since all the enemies around the starting position will require us to use him.

VOpRJ4X.pngKkAeZiC.pngPUKvGn7.png

Mary is a tanky flier who is level 5 but comes with maxed weapon rank. I'm using her, because I want a wyvern.

oEg0xWO.pngulTdCqX.pngWVlbo92.png

Lila is the second healer, gotten after the first. She isn't as good as Sophie, but we're not gonna get any other chances for a non-crutch valkyrie, and she has better MAG growth.

VzsUv5Q.png35MF9AK.pngJj7ADFf.png

Gringo is the only soldier we get, so I'm using him to show off his "custom" promotion. No idea how he's gonna be stat-wise.

NEXT TIME: The hack shows its TRUE NATURE

This is the first REALLY LONG chapter, so it's gonna be a 3.5 parter. See if you can guess what that even means.

I don't know what armor it is, but Gringo's sprite is Forde if I'm not mistaking (FE8)

Yeah, I knew I recognized it...you guys are all so good at identifying these splices!

well seeing how your going for that A rank for Star/Craft(which i also did), i say from what little supports i did have, we are linked by some thread of fate

also i remember gringo being so off colored in his battle sprite

Gringo has the worst palette ever. We will all see it and we will laugh.

You should deploy ErikEther for this chapter just to have him kill himself

Unfortunately, he doesn't appear until next chapter and even then I can't kill him for reasons.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 14: Chapter 13: Part 1: BS Included at the End, Free of Charge!

ZFxwxeF.png

This is how we start the chapter.

r52n8Q7.png

The wind sword's effectiveness comes in handy here, since Sandy doesn't have her support partners backing her up.

XMRsvZI.png

I can only kill two, so I have Bowen protect Larry's butt.

9FEUsCH.png

Surely you guys can see what I mean now. Corrupt Theocracy just spits out amazing levels in your face.

FEiDi7c.png

Gringo...uh...uhhhhhhh...

acICuQX.png

...And Mary finishes!

0lGMUpn.png

Troy has the GLITCHY BOW OF POWER!

sE7betg.png

Oh come on!

rVupkE6.png

First turn, here's how we're looking. Can we push through the enemy walls?

gNr8PZJ.png

Everythingbutmagic clerictm

jS2ZrPU.pngtTXXFEi.png

NOBODY CAN HIT

PK9CNNh.png

Except that guy. Sofie only JUST pulled through.

r8K9Jv1.png

The bottom isn't in a good position here.

qukqMLP.png

I go ahead and mod some animations. I'm tired of watching the healers heal.

This is the first step towards turning them all off.

hL1xc7W.png

I got as many as I could!

WKdXVw2.png

The Thunbrand is apparently ALSO effective against fliers, even if its wielder isn't.

KjaYPdz.png

Looks good. We should be okay over here...

qN6Jves.png

This will be a recurring thing this chapter.

RV8j8MH.png

I hate it when enemies have vulnies...

bONO4wr.png

STRENGTH! PLEASE!

xxW6iDZ.pngC5GDiKX.png

Such a sexy brigand.

uiFcd0y.png

Necessity!

7NkEyS1.png

0w4mOAc.png

Hurrah, strength!

Man, I'm not doing good commentating today. Don't worry, it'll get better...

HwLqxIF.png

Mary has no delphi shield.

CF3Afpb.png

Speed and RES are kinda rare for her, so this isn't bad at all.

ii3BSCN.png

Finally, the back is clear and we can move forward! Well, all save Bowen. He's the tent guard.

t2ZuyFP.png

You stupid peg! Get back here and oh who am I kidding. If I don't do this right she'll take YEARS to return...

r0RVdH8.png40uvgCq.png

Wrong man: bore him a child, she never loved him. She died 8 years ago when he threatend to kill General Troy for committing treason. When she died of what many would say is heart break, he dropped the charges. As for why General Troy was charged with treason, he disobeyed Ether’s orders of not being forced to not enter Wind Clan territory anymore. Supposedly, he entered Wind Clan territory to personally give Lady Ulala a message. What the message was, no one knows.

Sheesh, random plot dump much? Bad sentence structure, too! Stupid double negatives!

tvAKFIi.png

The bottom is finally free! To the village!

JOZZB00.png

Blue Knight: I am a knight who grew up on the Merc Repub border. Essentially, I’m a mercenary. Right now I’m bored, so the goin rate is free.

eb9bpSv.png

0sdfipx.pngp9YKRHN.pngc5SedUd.png

And then we randomly have a new character with a very descriptive description. I'll be using him because my goal is to get one of every class, even if I have no idea how he'll turn out stat-wise.

On that note, all I have left for my goal is a mage and shaman...and an archer...and a myrm...and the dancer...and an archer...and a nomad...

Considering that I already have 14 people in the permanent group, I may need to drop this goal...

NlNPq7u.pngIZADKUE.png

Well, it seems the day of the vulnerary-only vendors is over! I grab a heal for Lila.

GLLgVjZ.png

Nick gets started. These guys are all level 5-6, when the rest of my group is 9-10, so they have some catching up to do!

qxgfGxJ.png

Hey wait, that's not right...

Re4eiZ3.png

But I clearly saw a-

LSPP7e6.png

Oh. It's just the double-stacked unit glitch. Happens often in bad hacks like this. If you look closely, you can see troubadour pixels behind the cav. And this isn't the last time we'll see it. I think at one point we might see a triple-stack or a quadruple-stack.

8D1O9Rn.pngVi5nbJz.png

Well, I have a convoy now, I can pick up a few things...

oQb2Cqs.pngg08FgJo.png

Jake: the dancer will be needed for something important later on.

So, this is really useless advice. Not only is the dancer so far in the future we probably won't remember by then, but the advice is so non-specific...I've played the hack and I don't even know what she's needed for! It's probably recruiting someone...

njwxMLt.png

Enjoy that heal, peg...

NYEYL26.png

BECAUSE IT WON'T LAST LONG

kvdLCGF.png

Let's tank out these guys! Yeah! Go, Gringo!

NH1wQnq.png

Lila gets...a bad start.

Wa2wnh6.pngK2CFOcl.png

Blademaster: They mostly use Blades. Here’s one I got as a gift the last time I went there. Take it. I have no use for it.

K8Ap2r3.png

You know, you could have pawned it off at the armory down the road for a few hundred gold...oh well. I guess we benefited off this guy's re-gift!

Come enemy phase...

t57zpeX.png

Okay. Listen. You see that knight, that archer, and that troubadour? Yeah, the ones smack-dab in the middle of my formation.

NONE OF THEM WERE THERE BEFORE.

THEY ARE ALL TROLLREINFORCEMENTS.

THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT THEY WILL COME THERE.

THEY JUST LITERALLY APPEAR ON TOP OF PLAINS TILES.

j9YItzM.pngS3tR8b9.png

RAGE

FREAKING

QUIT

Actually it's pretty common in IS FE for B supports to end with the characters mad at each other. Then they cool off and reflect on it, come to understand the other character's point of view, and come back for the A support where they talk it over and patch thi-

wut

There's some issues with spoiler tags right now. A "hacky" workaround is to quote TheMoniker's post, and make sure the WYSIWYG editor is on. You'll be able to read what's in the spoiler tags.

this hack is poorly made with random bullshit reinforcements

And it isn't going to get better.

There's some issues with spoiler tags right now. A "hacky" workaround is to quote TheMoniker's post, and make sure the WYSIWYG editor is on. You'll be able to read what's in the spoiler tags.

So, yeah everyone, fair warning: I'm not going to be using spoilers for this update. When the spoiler glitch is fixed, I'll go back and retroactively add spoilers to this.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 14: Chapter 13: Part 2: Gameplay

NgM6VS5.png

So this time, Sofie sticks herself in a forest and uses a vulnerary.

4c1ywrH.png

You know, if it werent' for the reinforcements, we would have been nearly done...

nGzFnLt.png

They come again! We blocked the armor, but note that cav. He ALSO is a trollreinforcement.

N1MfGEE.png

This is what I meant about Merlinus earlier. The cav doubles and destroys Merlinus. It's like the game WANTS him dead.

tRSUvNq.png

Seriously? He has a WIND SWORD? You give a BS trollreinforcement one of the BEST WEAPONS IN THE GAME(at this point)? Now Bowen is in danger!

6VtKvqo.png

Not helping game!

60wo0E7.png

Closer and closer...I STILL want to pass 255 hit...

6xyNV16.pngHXEzjW9.png

Old lady: I just want Repub to go back to normal.

As we'll learn soon, these guys are NOT rebels. More of the story being indecisive like I talked about.

gAzvqkr.png

The trollreinforcements ALSO include these fliers. Why, yes, there ARE multiple waves! I have Mary here to stop these ones, at least...

pXuDUpj.png

This keeps happening!

0FVHNBp.png

Larry continues his training. Keep it up!

pQqXgwf.png

Meh. That pretty much describes Mandrake right now.

uNz8cZ6.png

THIRD WAVE!

c1V8S6t.png

Sofie's doing okay for herself.

gNp6Lcd.png

Star is gonna sort of enter a period where she gets bad levels.

TmcNBMM.png

STILL NO MAG

iqTfv1i.png

Donovan is a good lord.

1Ku080B.png

Honestly, the combat is a lot less interesting than the levels. Hence why I haven't been showing it.

jJBzmPR.png

Well, this are is nearly clear!

zPJKreT.pngdMlXZ1K.pngmxhyXQL.png

Mary is making a small profit from all those fliers. Unfortunately, "small" doesn't really cut it here...

tTz1Wps.png

The double-stack separates...

Vv0vfET.png

And he has a lancereaver. The unit whose inventory you can't properly check has a lancereaver. Wow.

HmsaEkl.png

These reinforcements are taking their toll on Elliot.

2QVYiae.png

No, no, Elliot. I DON'T blame you. You have EVERY RIGHT to be angry.

m6cJQYU.png

FOURTH WAVE

CLepnTf.png

First level! And it's not bad, strength and defense is a good start!

8bzbR71.png

WHY? WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK SANDY? THERE ARE OTHER SQUISHIES NEARBY!

EDAGEBJ.pngWsAbesW.png

I find this quite aggravating.

ZFPuJkM.png

Not a good start, but I'll stick with you.

VoWInqX.png5P5o3yW.png

And then this happens.

my67KYE.png

I redo the turn, and that first level gets MUCH better.

tITFyzG.png

FINALLY the reinforcements have stopped coming...

BJXykSC.png

DEATH BY IRONY

cjCRPKj.png

MFh6uXn.png

Much better, Lila.

34EmQSe.png

But you'll have to try harder to keep up with Sofie...

Q0xtyN8.png

GIVE

UFBLFq6.png

Talks time!

wfoeK5c.png

Donovan: What’s your problem? Are you this Troy guy?

Troy: Y-yeah, I’m Troy. Your Beyards nefew right?

Donovan: Yeah I am. You’re his brother right?

Troy: Yeah… I am.

Donovan: Do you by any chance know who my father is? Or even my mother?

Ooh, mysterious lost parents! WHO COULD THEY BE?

Troy: Yeah, your dad is my younger brother…

Uh...

bI1W7KR.png

I just

I just

I don't even

Donovan: He’s dead right?

Troy: …Yeah… Both him and your mother …

Donovan: Whatever. I’m going to go now.

l5Fa0dw.png

Troy: you or our son… But he looks like he became such strong young man… Though a little rude.

So, it seems the Troy/Ulala affair resulted in Donovan. Why doesn't Troy tell Donovan this, and instead decides to be cagey? Oh, for no reason at all, of course!

IGfbY5X.pngzQIwGRw.png

Star: How do you… you’re Troy right?

Troy: That’s right. You look just like Fauna…

EXACTLY like Fauna...

Troy: You know, I was there when you were born. And so was Donovan. But he was only 3 back then.

Star: But I was born in Holy. You traveled there to see me be born? What about Donovan’s parents?

Troy: Donovan’s parents are dead, so I wouldn’t worry about them. As for why I was there, I kept in contact with my brother up until he died. Infact, I didn’t even send those two to look for Beyard and Fauna.

Yeah, for SOME REASON Troy hides that he's Donovan's true father.

Star: So you knew they were dead and knew about us…

Troy: Yes. Shark originally acted as our messenger, but when Beyard and Fauna were executed, Sandy stayed with you to finish your training afterwards. Along with helping to protect you.

Star: So you were always looking after us in a way… Thank you…

Troy: You’re welcome Star…

ud0Btmw.png

Everything is better when healers can heal each other.

LeRroUW.png

This isn't a talk. This is an A support! Let's see how Blademaster ends one of these chains!

8IGJeGN.png

WHAT SORT OF TERMINOLOGY IS THIS

QfSHnSS.png

...Oh.

Craft: As soon as I can. But are you sure you want to come with me? You could go with Sandy.

Star: Hmm… You’re right. I’ll have to think about it more.

gwKXRAO.pngacuYyaw.png

Wow, SO MUCH character development!

AI2T9tR.pngCKmEs0J.pngrwLn5aO.png

You gotta admit it gives some good stats, though!

l4geQFk.png

The boss might actually be a challenge...

5Gzw2PV.png

Or he would be if it wasn't for SUPPORTS

9JVhmGZ.png

Even though these guys were shown perfectly capable of tactics at the start, they suddenly start acting like they're zombies.

Note: I don't actually do this engagement.

fHVWcU5.pngJDfPFPs.png

Good levels. Bad levels. Okay levels.

FQIcYFw.pngI4lB6oO.pnglbHROKN.png

Ultimately, Mary is my chosen unit to weaken.

snw6UmT.png

Then Star. It works out REALLY WELL.

oXZBqYQ.png

And then Gringo...

LYOL1Rm.png

FINISHES!

VHv5zwp.pngILkiqIM.png

Dead!

edIyaHl.png

And then we all get into support formation!

NEXT TIME: I post the wrap-up to this chapter AND the prelude to the next one!

Edited by TheMoniker