Astromime

Quite excited for p5.

So, what is your favourite game and protagonist.

I really enjoyed IS, rather easy, but the story was really well written. I would go with minato/makoto for my favourite protagonist, but I have to go with tatsuya.

Because

tatsuya gets to punch a butterfly in the face. And that's pretty cool.

Anyway, thoughts?

I have yet to pick that up actually. What's your main gripe with it? I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I like persona, but on the other hand I have never finish an etrian odessy game.

I'm not going to be in the popular opinion here but I don't really like EO and the game has to much of the EO influence on it IMO so far. Maybe I just hate most dungeon crawlers in general but yeah.

I've only played 3, 4, both arena games, and q

my favorite is Persona 3

My favorite Protagonist is the female main character from Persona 3 portable

Favorite character is a tie between Shinjiro and Naoto.

@junk haha fair enough. I don't mind EO so much, its just that the fact that it barely has a story thats keeping me from finishing them. I just have a mate that showed me p3 guy carrying liz. which pretty much confirms my otp.

@Bankai I have to agree with you there. Shinji was a badass. Headbutt of oblivion ftw.

I have played P1, P2, P2.2, P3P and P4. P3 is my most favorite so far. P2 has the best story, at least for me. P3 has the best cast, both protagonists and antagonists. P1 sucks because the version I played is the one that had been butchered by localization. P4 is so bright for me taste.

@Magical Amber I am actually struggleing to finish p1, I think I'm playing the same version you did (ps1), I liked that p2.2's cast is older, that was a nice change of pace from the highschool setting. I find that 4 is the best when it comes to the technical side of it (no more random skill inheritance thank god). But the story kinda felt more like an episode of friends/scooby-doo. Great character development though. p3 just hits all the right places, but nothing beats 2 for me. Story telling is suberb. characters are awesome and final/second to the last boss was super satisfying to defeat.

I have played through Persona 3 FES and Portable, Persona 4 Golden, Arena Ultimax, One of the P2 games, and Q.

Of those games, Persona 4 Golden is my favorite. Yu Narukami is probably my favorite of the Protagonists, though Adachi is my favorite character in the game.

My most favorite main character used to be Tatsuya, but now, it's Minako. She's that awesome, in both looking and personality. Other than that, the only character I like in P2 is Ginko since her theme is just so adorable.

I did start watching an LP of Persona 1 on the PSP. I really should finish that, considering I'm probably never going to play that and any of the P2 games any time soon

I've played P3 FES*, currently playing through Q, and watched an LP of Golden and both Arena games. FES was my favourite; the overall theme of the game blended with the plot and characters extremely well, in my opinion, and the characters just clicked for me much better than P4's cast. From what I watched, Golden was great at best, the Arena games were okay (Yosuke's story in Arena 1 is fantastic, in my opinion), and Q is actually rather enjoyable. Unfortunately, whilst the dialogue can be humorous in most cases, a few of the cast are just a tad too gimmicky at times for my liking(Akihiko, Mitsuru--I'm so sorry for what they did to you). It's still a good game, though

*The best £10 I have ever spent, by the way

Edited by DodgeDusk

P2 has the best story of the games, really like how they handled a split timeline and I find the characters in P2:EP a bit more adventurous than later outings. But gameplay wise, Persona 4 is a big improvement. I wish the older games could be redone on the new engine instead of slightly prettied up ports of the originals, though at least P2PSP did fix the menus up to be a bit less wonky.

I like the original most, mostly to it being a mixture of the new then Persona ideas with the older Shin Megami Tensei formula partly nostalgia. Despite the flaws with said formula

But I do really enjoy 2 and 3

Played through P4G and got the neutral ending deliberately to get NG+, then started again to get the true ending to 100% the game. Currently playing P3P as well on my Vita.

I like P4G the most, but that's probably because I've played it the most. P3P seems a little easier.

I like Yu's design the most, but I think he looks weird as heck without glasses. Seriously.