That sword....

Rxmonste

Yes, I have watched the new Nintendo direct recently. A bit late, I know. I noticed something in the announcement trailer of Fire Emblem 14.

Take a look at this http://i.ytimg.com/vi/N7zDHOSSj1o/maxresdefault.jpg The man on the right wields a sword that bears a resemblance to Fire Emblem: Awakening's version of the Falchion. The resemblance is actually quite big. It looks very similar.

Do you have any thoughts to share?

I doubt it. The only reason I say that is everything coming out about this game seems to lead us to believe that it is in its own world entirely. Which would mean no Falchion. Additionally, the artist is the same from Awakening so similarities are to be expected.

>blade with no hilt

>has a small circular design in the center

Marth confirmed, now we await proof of Roy's inclusion...

Edited by Arch

I... honestly don't see the resemblance?

The golden line and the middle is the biggest similarity. And the blade's thickness looks about the same. I'm not saying it is Falchion. In fact, I doubt that it is the same sword. But it looks similar a bit, at least for me.

Um... look at the way the blade is split into two. It has an obvious cleft in the middle that doesn't meet again at the end. And at the hilt. Don't you think, if anything, it looks more like...

latest_zpsq5wlbzdm.gif

Um... look at the way the blade is split into two. It has an obvious cleft in the middle that doesn't meet again at the end. And at the hilt. Don't you think, if anything, it looks more like...

latest_zpsq5wlbzdm.gif

...!

More and more Elibe similarities.... Maybe Max is Hartmut

Edited by Glaceon Sage

Is that the design they decided to go with for the west? honestly, when I saw that picture, I thought "what do people mean with west versus east, they are both wearing armor closer to Japanese style".

Is it really that hard to make armor that resembles more the armor actually used in the west, Europe, And the sword... I honestly wonder who made the design for that sword, because it looks incredibly impractical.

Honestly, the layered armor Max (or whatever people are calling him right now) looks far more inspired by Japanese style than west. But that's just my two cents on it.

Sorry if I sound like a ass, but if it's suppose to be west vs. east, it would be nice if they resembled the things they are supposed to represent (or inspired them). But that's my opinion on it.

It sort of reminded me of the Exaccus too lol. maybe there'll be a Sword!General class and Zephiel from spotpass can actually wield that sword as one

I thought that at first as well. But it could still be this game's 'special sword'.

Perhaps, I won't be surprised if this is a new signature sword made for this game in particular. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Rxmonste

Imagine what the Japanese thought, when they saw Tyrfing for the first time, It's not the first time a sword that has nothing to do with Falchion looked similar, infact the old design of Tyrfing was unbelievably similar to the old Falchion, and this Sword barely resembles the new Falchion

Personally, I don't find that sword Falchion-like. It does feel like the sword of Zephiel, the king of spinning, but I think that's a coincidence (so far).

xZTUJ5r.gifspinspinspinspin

Is that the design they decided to go with for the west? honestly, when I saw that picture, I thought "what do people mean with west versus east, they are both wearing armor closer to Japanese style".

Is it really that hard to make armor that resembles more the armor actually used in the west, Europe, And the sword... I honestly wonder who made the design for that sword, because it looks incredibly impractical.

Honestly, the layered armor Max (or whatever people are calling him right now) looks far more inspired by Japanese style than west. But that's just my two cents on it.

Sorry if I sound like a ass, but if it's suppose to be west vs. east, it would be nice if they resembled the things they are supposed to represent (or inspired them). But that's my opinion on it.

I did notice the west-meets-east theme (from the weapons, and most definitely not the armours), and I do agree that the armours look off. They still feel western-ish when shown next to the katana wielders, but alas...

latest_zpsq5wlbzdm.gif

Marx and his possible father (the man in front of the painting watching Not-Ninian) are blonde and have purple-ish armour.

Elibe confirmed.

I did notice the west-meets-east theme (from the weapons, and most definitely not the armours), and I do agree that the armours look off. They still feel western-ish when shown next to the katana wielders, but alas...

Actually, Max's armor is based on the concept of "banded mail", a type of armor of dubious historical accuracy that was supposed to have combined the idea of Roman segmentata with splint mail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banded_mail

His is just a stylized version of that.

As for the sword, I'm not seeing a Falchion parallel. Design is drastically different and I doubt Max is going to be much more than a supporting player. I would say if anything is the Falchion parallel, it's Kamui's blade.