Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really suprising.

Not only Pokemon is very popular, a lot of fighting game experts say the game is actually deep.

From what I've heard, Pokken has a mostly balanced rooster and it's easy to play. It's very well polished.

Street Figher V, however, a lot of people said that's it feels unfinished.

SF5 doesn't feel unfinished. Its flat out unfinished and released only for competitive crowd from what i heard

And to top it off, it's been confirmed that the PS4 version has 8 frames of input lag. It also fell short of Capcom's sales projection; from a recent press release, they seem to now be fully aware that they kinda goofed.

Edited by The DanMan

Despite not having played Pokken I'm going to venture a guess and say it doesn't crash every 15 minutes. I think that might contribute to it outselling a certain buggy 5th installment to a fighting game series. Call it a hunch.

• 1 month later...

It's still on the first page so I thought this was worth a mention

http://nintendonews.com/news/wii-u/possible-pokken-tournament-dlc-scizor-darkrai-empoleon/

I'm overwhelmingly disappointed with them, Scizoer over Scyther or Heracross, Darkrai in general, or Empoleon over Oshawatt, or anything from the Squirtle, Totodile, or Mudkip lines (excluding Marshtomp and Croconaw)

Interesting news regardless, and hopefully if there is a fourth character they'd be more interesting for me.

Darkrai has been revealed:

Did anyone else got a Persona 4 vibe from Darkrai's Burst Attack?

People haven't been talking much about this game these days...

Hope this bring their interest back.

Edited by Water Mage

I was really hoping it wouldn't end up being Darkrai, but at least this guarantees other new characters thanks to the roster screen now looking even more awkwardly empty.

I really want to hate Darkrai, but I just can't. His fighting style looks so interesting. At first I thought "Oh look, Edgelord the pokemon got in" but then I saw the gameplay and that just sort of melted away. A trap based, tricksy fighter, that isn't all that aggressive, or fast isn't something you see all that often.

Everything he does I could easily have seen for Sableye, but I understand why they'd choose Edgelord over him. They've already got a ghost type trickster with Chandelure, and a dark type gremlin with Weavile. He's very distinct amongst the cast. Just compare his general body shape to the other mon, none of them come even close.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Ooh, I like those three as choices! Darkrai, Scizor, and Empoleon, I mean. They're all pretty cool. ^^

Though, Infernape is the most popular Sinnoh starter according to that poll from awhile back, so I'm surprised it wasn't picked instead. Even if it is Fire/Fighting like Blaziken.

Mostly because it would be redundant in their play styles, not because of types. For instance there are 3 fighting types so far but all 3 are different. Machamp grabs opponents, deals multiple punches etc., Lucario has projectiles with aura, the bone thing etc., Blaziken has chicken "wings" because brave bird, hard tackles, kicks and punches, and Infernape would be pretty much Blaziken to a lesser degree.

• 2 months later...

Huh, normally Scizor is shown as a sort of red ninja in the anime. They seem to be focusing on his game incarnation instead. He definitely is looking like a steel/bug type, and he looks like he's a very melee character.

I didn't expect to be overly impressed, but he looks pretty cool.

FAV BUG TYPE YES.

It's going to be DLC for the Wii U game, right? It's not just for the arcade version? xP I gotta have Scizor in my game, man! (it'll also give me a reason to pick it up again. I just lost interest for whatever reason).

Scizor (and Darkrai) have only been announced for the Arcade version right now. Dataminers have found data relating to the two Pokémon and Empoleon in the Wii U version, so I imagine they'll be available for it at some point. Maybe when Empoleon gets announced.

• 3 weeks later...