FE12 Lunatic Incomplete Recruitment LTC in 140 turns

Chapter 20x is completed in 4 turns, 128 total.

C20x prep

Spoiler

Forged a +3 Mt Brave Lance. Sold Master Seal and Bullion L.

The map is boring by itself, 4-turning it isn't much less boring. I was hoping to complete in 3 turns but it's not doable for me. Credits to MagicBarrier16 for the general way the strat works. I pulled more aggressively on turn 1 though. I opted to do a Master Sword crit with Luke on turn 1; instead, I could have used Levin!Linde to kill the Berserker, and have my other units clean up the rest, but I didn't deem it worth deploying SM!Linde with only 2 spare Levin uses.

C20x RP usage

Spoiler

14/77: Sirius meets the benchmarks to kill the Berserker on turn 1, and to survive the Sniper + Berserker combo on EP3. Also makes sure he's not targetted by the upper Sniper on 3.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / 22.21 / 43 HP / 23 STR / 25 SPD / 17 DEF / 2 RES / C SWD / 1 Drop 1 Wing

Soldier / 20.00 / 59 HP / 25 STR / 25 SPD / 28 DEF / 7 RES / E SWD A LNC / 1 Robe 2 Shield

Luke / 13.93 / 45 HP / 24 STR / 30 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / B SWD A BOW / 2 Scroll

Sirius / 13.55 / 46 HP / 23 STR / 24 SPD / 18 DEF / 6 RES / B SWD A LNC / 1 Robe

Palla / 10.78 / 40 HP / 23 STR / 23 SPD / 16 DEF / 8 RES / E SWD A LNC / None

Linde / 16.79 / 43 HP / 25 MAG / 25 SPD / 6 DEF / 15 RES / B MAG D STF (C @ Bishop) / 1 Robe 2 Wing 4 Dust

Catria / 7.78 / 39 HP / 19 STR / 25 SPD / 14 DEF / 7 RES / E SWD B LNC / None

Caeda / 7.50 / 34 HP / 15 STR / 25 SPD / 13 DEF / 6 RES / E SWD C LNC / None

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how probably the worst designed chapter in the entire game (potentially series) is sitting right next to one of the best. really sums up FE12 as a game overall I think.

Edited by Irysa

You have to look up where the enemies are or reset about 20 times if you're playing on h3 for a first playthrough. Which is what I did.

The previous FoW chapter was fine beacuse the enemies were appropriately weak compared to what you may expect, because that made it fair due to the lack of ways to reveal the FoW. You can't reasonably put FoW chapters that have hackforge longbow capped stats snipers, tomahawk berserkers and generals in tiny corridors in a game with no torches or torch staves if you haven't expected the player to memorise the enemy layout of the map beforehand, but oops, thats what they did.

Edited by Irysa

tbh, I think a bit less that it's really poorly designed since I saw that barely existent 3-turning possibility, but I still kind of dislike it due to it being pretty annoying and the way difficulty is created on the map is dumb. FEWoD map or turtling a lot (by baiting snipers to the 1-tile wall near the starting positions) is the best way against it and then you must still pass that obnoxious boss area. but stupid maps are just maps, so they're roflstomped by Soldier!

Edited by Gradivus.

Caeda needs a Res Bond to get not OHKOed by Meteor. No issue because I have one, but god, I lol'd so hard.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 21 is completed in 5 turns (133 total) by using 1 Rescue and 1 Again.

C21 prep

Spoiler

Sold every non-Dragonpike/Wyrmslayer effective weapon, a good deal of Silvers and every Iron/Steel weapons.

Bought Goddess Icon.

Forged a +1 Master Sword, you'll see eventually.

Gave Goddess Icon to Sirius, 1 Dracoshield 1 Robe 1 Drop to Marth.

Drill Grounded Palla. She wouldn't be ORKOed by Wyrms as an RP!DK but turns out she didn't need it.

My favorite map in the game, tricky to LTC overall. The big amount of enemies makes it hard to rush all the way up. I used a combination of PKL's and commonguard's openings by making a shielding formation to protect Feena but use Nosferatu!Linde due to having almost no Levin Sword uses. Those two north-west Wyverns must be dismantled carefully because they overlap with the Meteor. One was OHKOed by MU with the forged Brave Lance after a dance, the other one was pulled on turn 1. Ymir and combat!Etzel come in handy. Sirius' Brave Sword access was very clutch on this map for outranging the Sorcerer, while also pulling the SM. Marth needed the Boosters listed in the preparations to not get 2HKOed by Berserkers, Sirius would luck-attract the Wyverns on turn 1 without the Icon. Xane couldn't be Luke on this map to luck-attract 2 Wyrms and counterkill them, because he was necessary to tank 2 Wyrms on turn 4 and killer axe the boss. The items I bought were chosen by prediction. Also, non-hostile Wyrm ftw. (I know why he appeared and what he tried to do, which is running away from Sirius)

C21 RP usage

Spoiler

13/77: Sirius isn't Lck targetted by Wyrms and not doubled by stuff that he confronts. OHKOes the Meteor!Sorc with Brave Sword.

12/77: Palla: See Sirius, except she didn't have anything specific to kill.

11/77: Linde recovers enough with Nosferatu to nostank 3 Wyrms.

10/77: Marth escapes 2HKO status from Berserkers.

9/77: Luke isn't Lck targetted by Wyrms.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / 22.45 / 50 HP / 25 STR / 25 SPD / 19 DEF / 2 RES / C SWD / 1 Robe 2 Drop 1 Wing 1 Shield

Soldier / 20.00 / 57 HP / 26 STR / 23 SPD / 30 DEF / 4 RES / A LNC B AXE / 1 Robe 2 Shield

Luke / 14.83 / 45 HP / 24 STR / 30 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / B SWD A BOW / 2 Scroll

Sirius / 14.86 / 47 HP / 23 STR / 24 SPD / 19 DEF / 6 RES / B SWD A LNC / 1 Robe 1 Icon

Palla / 11.39 / 39 HP / 25 STR / 23 SPD / 19 DEF / 5 RES / A LNC E AXE / None

Linde / 18.08 / 44 HP / 23 MAG / 25 SPD / 6 DEF / 20 RES / B MAG C STF / 1 Robe 2 Wing 4 Dust

Catria / 9.09 / 39 HP / 20 STR / 23 SPD / 16 DEF / 4 RES / B LNC E AXE / None
Caeda / 8.00 / 33 HP / 16 STR / 23 SPD / 16 DEF / 3 RES / C LNC E AXE / None

Difficult map ahead, I'm being serious. In retrospect the Energy Drop on Marth was stupid and I could've saved it because his str can be capped via RP. Maybe I could've used it to patch up Catria's str or something like that.

Edited by Gradivus.

Planning stuff:

Spoiler

If I were less bad at predicting, I'd have forged 15 Crt on the Javelin critforge and +5 Crt on the Master Sword; with the stuff I have atm, a C22 3-turn with 2 Again relies on 2 Master Sword crits and an MU Killer Lance crit, with Marth support before the map save (8% CoS), two of which crits must happen on turn 2, and a Javelin crt forge crit (Horseman!Luke is one tile short of reaching the boss area LHS SM in 3 fullmoves) from MU with Marth support, a Luke Master Sword crit against the mage dragon that guards the boss room, and a Marth crit against the boss (5.5% CoS). By adapting the crit rates, I'd have 10% CoS before the map save and 8% after it. Sucks. My Marth can reach 59 HP 23 Def to facetank on turn 1 btw, so that's a thing.

guess I can't really drop a turn now though.

EDIT: Catria (forged Dragonpike as a DK) and Sirius (Gradivus out of favoritism or regular Dragonpike) can actually gang up for the Fire Dragon, so the turn 2 Sirius crit is probably unnecessary, throne room crits are probably very necessary unless I forge a +10 Wyrmslayer, which I can't afford, plus it would only cut off 1 crit because Marth misses out by one point of non-crit OHKOing the boss via +10 Wyrmslayer. 20% CoS pre-map save then, and 5.5% after it... I'll accept that.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 22 is completed in 3 turns (136 total) with 2 Again uses.

C22 prep

Spoiler

Gave Marth another Angelic Robe and 2 Dracoshields. My prediction on boosters was right. Had him to a winning streak in the Arena so he can get +2 HP. He had 59 HP 23 Def afterwards. not abusive or anything! Gave Luke an Angelic Robe, which I bought.

I managed to deploy Horseman!Luke so as not to need a Master Sword crit for the non-throne Mage Dragon, hence the CoS after the map save is 10.34%, 18.49% before it. 4 crits are necessary for a 3-turn on Lunatic, unless we factorize that Sirius could be A swords with a +7 Mt Brave Sword to OHKO the Berserker, but that's not very feasible to get money-wise. I don't think there's a much better 3-turn; I could have predicted and forged crt on my MS forge and Javelin forge, as outlined before. +1 MS was necessary because Marth didn't quite reach B Swords, so I had to throw an Arms Scroll his way for the necessary Brave Sword. A Swords Marth can OHKO the boss with a plain Master Sword crit. Fed Jake to the Mage Dragon because the player unit being safely killable (?) is crucial to changing the enemy attacking priority, otherwise, 1 Sorc, 1 Fire Dragon and the Mage Dragon would have ganged up for Marth. Marth could reach his high benchmark and hang on with 2 HP after that HP proc (otherwise 1).

C22 RP usage

Spoiler

8/77: Sirius has more crit on Berserkers. I don't need the RP much from now on, anyway.

7/77: Palla OHKOes the Swordmaster with the +3 Brave Lance.

6/77: Luke is slightly more bulky.

5/77: Caeda doubles the Sorcerer as a Sniper.

4/77: Marth reaches his ridiculous turn 1 defensive benchmark.

3/77: Catria, idr why. As said, I don't need to conserve it much from now on. didn't bother to reset when seeing that it's unnecessary because it was fixed on the save where Marth's Arena +2 proc was on.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / who.cares / 60 HP / 25 STR / 25 SPD / 25 DEF / 2 RES / B SWD / 2 Robe 2 Drop 1 Wing 3 Shield

Soldier / 20.00 / 59 HP / 25 STR / 25 SPD / 28 DEF / 7 RES / E SWD A LNC / 1 Robe 2 Shield

Luke / 15.32 / 53 HP / 24 STR / 30 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / B SWD A BOW / 2 Scroll 1 Robe

Sirius / 15.65 / 48 HP / 24 STR / 25 SPD / 19 DEF / 6 RES / B SWD A LNC / 1 Robe

Palla / 12.65 / 39 HP / 25 STR / 23 SPD / 19 DEF / 5 RES / A LNC E AXE / None

Linde / 18.59 / 44 HP / 25 MAG / 25 SPD / 6 DEF / 16 RES / B MAG D STF / 1 Robe 2 Wing 4 Dust

Catria / 9.17 / 38 HP / 20 STR / 23 SPD / 16 DEF / 4 RES / B LNC E AXE / None

Caeda / 8.73 / 37 HP / 15 STR / 27 SPD / 13 DEF / 3 RES / C BOW / None

Edited by Gradivus.

It looks like you're having fun with the stuff in the spoilers. :):

I think that C22 is pretty difficult, as well, and this is on Hard. I'm enjoying these videos, and am curious to see how the last two chapters pan out!

I like spoilers a lot, so I'll spoil you that I'm redoing from the second C21 map save because the C23 clear requires a certain further resource which is

one that I'm not telling you yet

/insertworsejokeevenifitsimpossible

Personally, I was more like, ironically serious with C22 being hard; the 3-turn was very tricky to plan out and meet benchmarks for, but I never had any issues with the map overall. Also those tough Berserkers are tough, given that I needed crits for both of them lol.

I can't be bothered to rerecord, but I don't recall 86% Brave Lances being that good at missing, especially on turn 3, right before I'd use the C22 map save. it missed once each, on 2 attempts.

Edited by Gradivus.

I've found that it happens every now and then in DS games. IIRC, the RNG resets once you load a save point (someone correct me if this is wrong) - if so, try doing something else for five minutes, then come back.

it worked out, I was just trolled by the RNG.

Chapter 23 is completed in 2 turns (138 total) with 2 Rescue (seperate staves) and 1 Again.

C23 prep

Spoiler

Gave Luke an Arms Scroll to ORKO Mage Dragons on this map. I bought an additional Angelic Robe from a C21 map save restart, and fed it to Feena, along with 2 Talismans. Sold much stuff again.

Yay, broke 3 staves! Credits to commonguard's recent H4 run. Had the aggroing Fire Dragon attacked Macellan from the upper map save, the way would be blocked and Catria would have to rig a MS crit from Sirius.

C23 RP usage

Spoiler

2/77: mistake

1/77: misclick, not like either would matter

Stats

more or less C22

Edited by Gradivus.

I honestly had no idea nagi could actually be useful on H3 lol. Or not die if looked at funny. Poor Jake and Macellan though, I'll never have the will to do non deathless runs.

yeah, Nagi needs longbow chip, but helps a lot with those undoubleable Dragons. you had the dragonpike +10 forge though and could OHKO them anyway, I couldn't afford that really.

That's all. Completed in 140 turns.

Turns show up on 4:50; I cut off the deaths because it would bring the video time over 15 minutes.

Unit Stuff:

Spoiler

Marth: (Growth Drop, 2 Energy Drop, 2 Angelic Robe, 3 Dracoshield, 1 Speedwing) He's decent. Earlygame was sort of iffy because his Spd lagged behind and there weren't many opportunities to feed kills to him; he managed to catch up though, and was able to OHKO stuff with the Devil Sword, as well as ORKOing Ice Dragons. I gave him a Speedwing on C17, which allowed him to kill some Warriors on that map for experience. The tremendous amount of defensive resources made the C21 and C22 strategies easier or possible respectively.

Soldier: (2 Dracoshield, 1 Angelic Robe) Knight!MU is broken? thought as much, but Cavalier allowed me to shave 2 turns in comparison to Knight's prologue. The bulk of Cavalier is obviously a bit lower, so I had to throw 2 Shields and 1 Robe on him for several tanking tasks; his bulk allowed him to stomp a bunch of enemies at once, which is crucial for various strats.

Luke: (Bond Drop, 3 Arms Scroll, 1 Robe) A very self-sufficient Horseman imo; The only boosters I had to give him before endgame were the Arms Scrolls to improve his bow rank lategame. Bond Drop allowed him to soak much experience on C1 by dodge-tanking. His earlygame performance is pretty neat as he ORKOes most unpromoted enemies and 3HKO doubles promoted enemies as an RP!Merc. He gets a decent sword rank from earlygame, and eventually can switch to Hunter to build up Bow rank, while doubling stuff too when assisted by RP. Gave him another Arms Scroll for A Swords, helping the C23 clear and an Angel Robe for the C22 clear, both of which I sustained on overkill money. I suppose he was blessed, but it probably came from the drill grounds usage that he didn't need a wing.

Sirius: (1 Angelic Robe, 1 Goddess Icon) RP!Dracoknight has a godly earlygame performance when given an instant Angelic Robe. He has various classes to ORKO Dragons on midgame with. Random lategame tasks that a decent part of the team will get, were also given to Sirius; however, his weapon rank on Sword set his late- and endgame performance slightly above Palla on this run. Brave Sword as a 10 Mov unit was very helpful on C21, he has decent bulk, allowed him to sit behind MU on C20x and actually tank 2 Longbows, Master Sword helped on C22 and made the C23 strat more consistent, Gradivus access came in handy one time on C22 and C23 each too. The B Class set access was useful in that he was able to go Berserker for C15 and Horseman for C20, which class he can also use on C20x if Malicia has the Speed for a 3-turn. Gave him a Goddess Icon for an AI manipulation on C21.

Palla: Very good earlygame, good midgame, although there was no need to give her any boosters because Soldier did the most stuff she can do, but better. Her bulk still was useful, and not getting 2HKOed helped on C13 and 14. Lategame, she didn't have Sword rank like Sirius does, but still was very solid overall, with RP backing up her Spd as a Paladin. I didn't give her any boosters on this run because it wouldn't help my turn counts much, but she still was pretty good. Sacked her to manipulate the mess called C24, due to her low Lck.

Feena: Shaves turns on every single map after her recruitment.

Catria: Because I 4-turned C11, I couldn't make her a Falcoknight; Dracoknight is pretty suboptimal for her, as was her performance on this run. still, she proved to be a solid flier due to her decent strength, despite Soldier, Sirius and Palla having been better in about every regard.

Caeda: Her strength is low, but she proved to be useful. I had to baby her via promoted kills because my C5 and 6 clears were inconvenient for her exp gain. She was able to ORKO Dracoknights, Fire Dragons and Ice Dragons (forged Pike) with the respective effective weapons, and got some odd but useful tasks on C15 and C16. Longbow!Sniper was very useful for the C22 clear. Otherwise, she too got random odd tasks that helped her exp gain or net me some droppables. Her Wing Spear is sort of insufficient to kill Generals, but it's not like those were a big threat to my team.

Malicia: Fortify. Hammerne. Again. RIP run without her. Had she been more Spd-blessed, she'd have shaved another turn on C20x, but her staff usage is important enough by itself.

Xane: Whatever I have but need more, Xane can do it. No exp necessary, and versatile as hell between using Fortify and Again and being a second MU. Only non-gaiden maps where I didn't deploy him were C23 which was basically warpskip-lite'd anyway, and C15 which was pretty much cleaned up after the first turn and he made many strategies possible. I don't believe I could've gotten the Again staff on C20 or tackled the C21 boss area without him while 5-turning those.

Etzel: Combat helped on C11 and C21. Rescue + Excalibur access probably made the C11 clear possible given what strict paths the other fliers had to follow. Decent Physic user afterwards; I didn't get him to Again because it wouldn't help any of my clears very much, which translates to Linde having the Barrier staff to herself and could build up staff rank that way.

Linde: (1 Robe, 2 Wing, 4 Dust) Best Magic user on LTC, or more like, best magic user in FE12. Good Spd growth, and Nosferatu access + Aura nuking early on. Levin nuking didn't find use very often on this particular run, but the C20 clear still is an instance for how good it is. Gave her one Speedwing to avoid doubling from C9 Dracoknights, and another one to kill the C11 Hunter for a 4-turn. Gave her 1 buyable Dust instantly, the second one from C11, then I bought another one from the base to nosferatank C15. Early Angelic Robe is necessary for the C3 6-turn with her deployed and also necessary to make her not get OHKOed by everything. Her healing also helped me a lot due to her high mag combined with Mend and Physic access.

Edited by Gradivus.

Nooo you threw Palla under the bus. Couldn't you have killed some nobody instead? ;_;

worst run ever

Also lol@Linde getting the final blow. Congrats, you shaved 5 turns off commonguard's run!

Edited by Irysa

Thanks! Yeah, I disliked sacking Palla too, but the Dragon distraction simplified final so much, and she seemed to be my only lower-lck-than-sirius unit that can tank a Dragon. If Sirius' and Soldier's way would be too blocked, it'd be pretty much an autolose for me. Could've probably used my overkill money for a Shield and actually conserved 2 RP uses so both Palla and Sirius can use it and maybe she'd survive the Dragons. Oh well.

I only do distance, C21 isn't distanced enough from 24. It actually isn't distanced at all.

Edit: KoT did a 28-turn Merc!MU prologue, together with the C20x 3-turn it'd be 138. though note that even on a 138-turn completion, two staves will add together to shave 1 turn (which I did on C17, but it can aswell be a 1R1A 4-turn of C22 to avoid the Unlock get for more money), so if somehow there turns out to be a way to shave 1 turn with every staff use, the TC might drop to 137. highly theoretical though.

Edited by Gradivus.

Character endings with kill counts and that stuff.

2nd: Luke: 102 B 82 K

Catria: 55 B 34 K

3rd: Linde: 75 B 58 K

Palla: 68 B 43 K

Sirius: 61 B 43 K

Caeda: 50 B 29 K

Feena: 1 B 1 K (yeah, I had her go into the arena once to keep that HP proc when redoing C22)

Xane: 22 B 7 K

Nagi: 4 B 2 K

1st: Soldier: 213 B 134 K

Marth: 64 B 42 K

EDIT: Had I known how commonguard kept Midia alive without rescuing, I could've used RP!SM!Midia as a C24 meatshield. he said something about not aggroing the sniper near the upper fortify Bishop, but I didn't do that either; maybe he meant the General. If that's the way, I could actually have done that, because the Fortify staff just ended up getting sold.

Edited by Gradivus.

I haven't had time to see any of the vids, sadly, or play FE12 at all lately. But my initial estimate of 140 turns in that one thread was kinda spot-on lol. So much for no one touching 145 turns. Lol. Congrats btw.

Nooo you threw Palla under the bus. Couldn't you have killed some nobody instead? ;_;

worst run ever

Also lol@Linde getting the final blow. Congrats, you shaved 5 turns off commonguard's run!

If you want, I can ban TC for you, since he also killed off just about every one of my favorite units. :P:

Edit: KoT did a 28-turn Merc!MU prologue, together with the C20x 3-turn it'd be 138. though note that even on a 138-turn completion, two staves will add together to shave 1 turn (which I did on C17, but it can aswell be a 1R1A 4-turn of C22 to avoid the Unlock get for more money), so if somehow there turns out to be a way to shave 1 turn with every staff use, the TC might drop to 137. highly theoretical though.

I'd like to see if this is possible. I don't have the patience to sit down, plan everything out, and then attempt it, only to miss a crucial 86% or something.

Congratulations~! That was a neat run!

Thanks, also I looked into some possibilities again, if there's a feasible rescue-less 5-turn of C12 on H3 (triggers 9 wyvern 2 fire dragon reinforcements, of which the 6 central forts must be blocked at least), the C4 Rescue has 2 uses left on C19, and can be used for a 2R 1A 4-turn of C19 (which I recall being doable, unlike that wtf3-turn) so it can be cut to 137 in that case. The final C16 Rescue use still wouldn't find a 1 to 1-shaving usage, but idk where this would be placed.

Edited by Gradivus.