FE12 Lunatic Incomplete Recruitment LTC in 140 turns

Thanks, though I don't think that shaving turns by doing critfests is the way to go. I can make a list of TCs if I'd be full RNG abusing, but I won't do it in practice. I prefer to go "legitimate" ways to shave turns.

I'll give you full-rigged technically possible TC's though for shits and giggles.

P1 2/2 Jagen eats a shcrit.

P2 1/3 Double crit.

P3 2/5 can shiida be critted and OHKOed in that event by merc? 1-turn in that case.

P4 2/7 Jeorge route, MU dodges and ORKOes the melee users, and the bow users are routed next turn by crits.

P5 2/9 dodgefest.

P6 1/10 critfest.

P7 3/13

P8 7/20

C1 6/26

C2 6/32

C3 6/38

C3x 6/44

C4 3/47 if Sirius and Marth dodge all attacks and sirius does a bosscrit, it only runs 1 rescue.

C5 7/54 Marth dodges mages, and tanks bows, cavaliers and dracoknights.

C6 4/58

C6x 1/59

C7 4/63

C8 2/65

C9 5/70

C10 2/72

C10x 1/73

C11 5/78

C12 5/83

C13 3/86

C13x 2/88

C14 3/91 maybe this works? idk

C15 3/94

C16 2/96

C16x 1/97

C17 4/101

C18 2/103

C19 3/106 Linde nosferatu crits 6 Paladins at 20 crit each. Somehow the Thief doesn't decide for an inconvenient movement.

C20 5/111

C20x 3/114 Marth somehow survives Meteor, Tomahawk, Longbow and Spear.

C21 5/119

C22 4/123

C23 3/126 no luck required beyond some map save crits

C24 2/128

Maybe some turns can be shaved from P8 by having MU critkill Katarina and rout her thieves on like, EP4 by doubling them with insane blessing?

Also, 3-turning P1 is impossible without the unlikely dodge or crit vs Jagen, unless MU is a Fighter. I could technically have dodge-rigged, but the subsequent level is very crucial to achieve the later clears, especially since it cuts 1 turn off Prologue 2, 3 and 4 each, so 3-turning P1 with Cavalier while getting a good level has a CoS of around 0.8%, assuming Jagen has 85 disp hit vs Cavalier, I don't recall how much it actually is. 4unrealistic2me

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw my stupidity. Had I bought a Javelin on C1, I could exactly replicate the C5 boss area strat that I did in the previous video because the mage pull requires 2 javelins, and sirius needs one for the former strat. I have 2 Javelins only, and Arran cannot tank a Javelin from the remaining Cavalier after tanking 2 Knights. MU MUstn't do the Cav pull because he needs 24 HP before using a vulnerary at least for the DK rout. I should really be shooting my head for doing an arran drill grounds usage and not leaving a backup save state, he'd strongly appreciate a General one now. I still see a possibility in having MU flank the generic ballista after Arran kills the Jav!Knight, and then tradeswap arran to iron axe to make him survive the following assault well enough. Arran essentially needs Taurus for that, so the clear requires:

- Money that Sirius eats up for 2 rounds in the drill grounds. (base!RP!DK!Silver!Sirius without Taurus is 1 atk short of a boss ORKO and he pretty sure wants the defense)

- Sirius' Robe.

I still can sell iron weapons though, after which I should have around 9000G minus Sirius' drill grounds cost. I guess it's doable and I'm 99% sure it's affordable. btw I might put unit stats into my posts if I have the patience to do that; oddly, the copy and paste function doesn't work for SF on my laptop, on every other site it works.

Edited by Gradivus.

If copy paste doesnt work just pastebin them or puush them and link to that.

C23 3/126 Catria dodges a Dragon (Glower is undodgeable without supports IIRC) on turn 1 and retaliates with three gradivus crits.

3 is not the min, unless you're out of Again charges or don't have any spare rescue?

You don't need Catria to dodge or crit anything if you rig enough resistance. See my clear.

PKL/commonguard's 2 turn involves rigging 1 crit with Gradivus on the first Dragon so she can kill it at 2 range.

Edited by Irysa

I do know the 2-turn strat and actually did it a couple times already (though with silly things like master sword!catria or a forged killer lance because I didn't manage to maintain my money for a +9 pike). the 3-turn must be done with 1 Rescue and 1 Again, because every Again or Rescue charge should ideally pay off for 1 turn that gets cut. For again, the first staff is dropped before the 2nd one shows up to save 2 turns on C15 and one turn on C19. the second again staff is used once on C21 to skirt the boss area, same for the C22 4-turn (one again usage cut off by using the unlock staff). As for rescue, the first staff is burned on C19. the 2nd staff is used once on C18 for the 2-turn, twice on C19 to shave a turn each with a very very difficult positioning strat that I can only fathom distance-wise. once on C21 to get Marth out of the village area, which means the staff amount is 1 rescue 1 again by C23. I'm pretty sure, but I might be wrong, that the Glower + Mage Dragon + Fire Dragon group must be aggroed on Turn 1 for a 1R1A 3-turn, for which the range of a glower!sorc and the mage dragon must be entered by the same unit IIRC. To do the pull without being exposed to 2 glowers, you must stand within a fire dragon's range, or which sort of dragon starts to the right/left of the stairs. if it's a mage dragon, it's probably less dangerous. then, the 2 fire dragons that start in the penultimate room aggro, and the corridor dragons might have to be pulled, but I'm not sure on that. I think a Gradivus tradechain can be done to crit both of them away. then, Catria kills the Mage Dragon with a +9 pike or another sort of crit (str capped master sword after arms scroll spam?), Marth KE crits the Fire Dragon and is Again'd. Linde rescues Feena, is danced, and kills Gharnef. Marth seizes. It might only require one EP1 crit vs the sorc, so as not to activate the fortify, and the gradivus crit vs a fire dragon. though the number of crits doesnt matter on a full-clock abuse run (which is only theoretical, it'd be amazing to see someone insane enough to rig all that). I won't do that on this run, commonguard's 4-turn with 1 Rescue (like on the H4 Mage run) is probably less hard anyway. Also, if I had a clue how KoT did a 2-turn with just 1 again use, it might be possible to integrate that into that theoretical full-rig run and just 4-turn C19 because, download the map from FeWoD and look at which path would be necessary for a 3 Rescue (one of which is the C4 one), 1 Again 3-turn and you see what a large pain it'd be. I'll probably 4-turn it with 1 less rescue, which allows me to avoid exposing Linde to Paladins. Horsemen exposure is inevitable but there's a way to make only 2 of them actually attack Linde, the other ones will suicide somewhere, I won't spoiler how.

Also I've got a genius idea (it's really simple in fact) on how to rout the mages with no casualties, only 2 javelins, while having Sirius use a Javelin against the Cavs, while having him nuke the Boss and still have a 2nd Silver in his inventory. this involves RP!Palla OHKOing a mage with a silver lance on turn 2, but of course she can't pull a mage on turn 1 due to where the 2nd Javelin is supposed to be.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 5 is completed in 8/64 turns with 2 Rescue uses.

Redid with a more consistent strat. Again, credits on this clear go to commonguard, for where to use the Rescue staff on this map and for the triple Dracoknight boss area blitzkrieg idea. I drilled Sirius one round in the Arena, so he can get a perfect level by killing the boss. In practice this made the clear slightly more reliable because the cavalier roll rigging is limited to 34 HP / 6 Def, and doesn't have to include 11 Spd in that way. Also, MU'd be soaking exp too strongly if Sirius wouldn't have killed the cavaliers. Killed part of the sniper group for exp. The MS!Thief must be interrupted from escaping by turn 4, so the Dracoknight area has to be entered by turn 3; MU is the only one of my units capable of routing them quickly so guess who did it?

Following 6 RP uses helped me achieving this clear:

61/77 Sirius: to ORKO the boss with Taurus, and to ORKO the Cavaliers consistently afterwards.
60/77 Arran: ORKOes Knights and meets the Sniper killing benchmark along with Sirius.
59/77 Luke: Accidentally. Myrm!Luke could have done everything that RP!Merc did here, but since this clear was a redo, I didn't have a better backup save.
58/77 Catria: Consistently ORKOes Mages.
57/77 Palla: OHKOes that 25 HP 2 Def Mage and doubles a Sniper.
56/77 Marth: ORKOes that Knight.

Chapter 6 is completed in 4/68 turns with 2 Rescue and 1 Hammerne

Uhm, credits for commonguard yet again. Norne was supposed to be OHKOed on turn 3 EP, so I kept the 35 Steel Bow uses. Frey could rig a level for MU afterwards. Obligatory pro strat with Devil!Cavalier!Luke to circumvent using a pure water to tank mages. Bought a Shield for MU and drilled Catria and Palla, to meet the Bishop and throne room benchmarks and to top off the promotion respectively. The rest of this clear is explained by the video and the RP usage. In retrospect I don't recall if the dracoshield is necessary, but it'll help anyway so I'll call it a good investment.

Rainbow Potion uses were:

55/77 Sirius: MU has 9 Res in the 2nd turn after the Pure Water, which he shares with Sirius. The RP brings Sirius to 11 Res so the Mage Targets MU.
54/77 MU: Doubles the Hero and meets the Lang killing benchmark along with Arran.
53/77 Catria: ORKOes 30 HP 4 Def (or equivalent/lower) Bishops.

Also unit stats, I realized that making pastebin or imgur is slower than just writing them down here, so I'll do it just like that, but I'll leave Skl and Lck out because who cares.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]Marth: 29 HP / 11 STR / 12 SPD / 8 DEF / 1 RES
Soldier: 38 HP / 21 STR / 19 SPD / 21 DEF / 3 RES @ Dracoknight @ 1 Dracoshield
Arran: JEIGAN
Luke: 30 HP / 17 STR / 15 SPD / 10 DEF / 0 RES @ Cavalier
Linde: 29 HP / 6 MG / 9 SPD / 2 DEF / 6 RES @ Mage @ 1 Robe
Sirius: 35 HP / 15 STR / 15 SPD / 15 DEF / 3 RES @ Dracoknight @ 1 Robe
Palla: 30 HP / 17 STR / 18 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES @ Dracoknight
Catria: 27 HP / 12 STR / 18 SPD / 11 DEF / 0 RES @ Cavalier
Caeda: 22 HP / 7 STR / 17 SPD / 10 DEF / 0 RES @ Cavalier
Malicia: STAFFBOT

I really hope I can get Shiida enough EXP, because I feel somewhat a necessity for her Wing Spear to ORKO that General in the C15 prison. Otherwise I'll buy a Hammer and feed kills to Minerva. Maybe the legion kill, a C7 Hero and a C8 promoted kill can help her out of that issue, in combination with Drill Grounds for strength procs. Maybe, since actually I'm considering if she isn't too low on exp anyway.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 6x is completed in 1/69 turns with 1 Rescue use

lol

Jokes aside, this map probably made Shiida salvageable for this run because easily rigged level and steel swords are money for potential arena. Shiida with 2 additional str procs has as much str as minerva does and can double.

Edited by Gradivus.

It was! converting it from a generic avi file into a youtube-usable video took 19 seconds :P

Chapter 7 is cleared in 4/73 turns with 1 Rescue charge and 1 Hammerne charge.

Standard strat, I don't even know who was the first to do this. Marth is able to OHKO thieves after a round in the arena, so I didn't leave that training opportunity out. Malicia must have 4 Mag to heal Navarre with Physic regardless of the Hunter roll after he attacks the non-aggressive thief. Managed to feed Linde the dragon and Shiida a Hero and of course got all items because those Hunters don't matter to my fliers.

RP usage on this chapter:

52/77: Luke isn't doubled by the Dragon and meets the Hero killing benchmark with Linde and Shiida.

51/77: Sirius OHKOes thieves and doubles a Hunter.

50/77: MU isn't 3RKOed by the reinforcement Mage and 2 Heroes.

49/77: Shiida isn't OHKOed by the Dragon and meets the benchmark vs the Hero.

48/77: Marth OHKOes thieves with Devil Sword, 2 Str shards and a Str proc off the drill grounds.

Chapter 8 is completed in 2/75 turns with 1 Rescue use.

Credits to commonguard. I swapped roles among my units:

Sirius > bosskiller!MU

Wendell > Sage!Linde

Arran > DK!Wendell

MU > DK!Shiida

Shiida needed a thief kill or similar to take less money in the base arena next chapter because she's level 9. Linde got a 2 rounds winning streak in the arena by OHKOing a Myrm and 2HKOing the subsequent Pegasus Knight which failed to 2HKO her. She promoted to get the Mercurius now, but I don't recall it being needed for any of C9 to 15. Still, I got it so maybe Sirius can OHKO a Thief on C14.

RP usage:

47/77: MU can ORKO the Arms Scroll!General.

46/77: Linde consistently ORKOes Astram.

45/77: Catria isn't doubled by Heroes.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 9 is completed in 5/80 turns with 1 Rescue use and 1 Thief use.

Credits to PKL for that triple convoy drop on turn 1. I changed Feena's starting position, allowing her to dance Marth to the capricorn shard on turn 2. MU has a +2 Mt Hand Axe to OHKO Mages reliably. Plain OHKOes none, +1 OHKOes some; avoiding the counter from the first Mage is crucial and I was already rigging the Spd of the DK that has to be doubled by MU, with 19 being unlikely, so I sticked with a +2 forge. The further strat is pretty standard, baiting Etzel towards Feena and Marth, Marth recruits, is danced and seizes on the same turn. I had to give MU the C7 Angel Robe to tank on turn 1. Linde got an LSB wing before the chapter. Also why is arran still getting deployed? turns out giving him bosskills is worth it

RP uses:

44/77: Luke ORKOes Mages on EP.

43/77: Shiida doubles DKs as a Sniper.

42/77: Linde isn't doubled by DKs after the other things I used on her.

41/77: Sirius avoids doubling from DKs.

40/77: Palla OHKOes Mages with Steel because my silvers are rolling very low.

39/77: MU meets tanking benchmarks and can double that 19 Spd DK.

Also, I now have four thief uses, Rescue, C10 Bullion L and Again are obvious usages, but what to do with the fifth use? If I choose Unlock, I'm not drained a Rescue use on top of Again to 4-turn C22. If I choose not to get the Unlock, I must 3-turn C22, but the Thief use grants me money, which allows me to get C21 secret shop things in bigger amounts and might make that strat doable.

Stats

Marth: 32 HP / 14 STR / 15 SPD / 11 DEF / 1 RES @ Lold / none

Soldier: 48 HP / 22 STR / 22 SPD / 22 DEF / 3 RES @ DK / 1 Robe 1 Shield

Luke: 32 HP / 19 STR / 16 SPD / 12 DEF / 0 RES @ Cavalier / none

Linde: 36 HP / 11 MG / 14 SPD / 3 DEF / 8 RES @ Sage / 1 Robe 1 Wing

Catria: 29 HP / 14 STR / 19 SPD / 12 DEF / 1 RES @ Cavalier / none

Palla: 32 HP / 19 STR / 19 SPD / 16 DEF / 4 RES @ DK / none

Shiida: 31 HP / 12 STR / 22 SPD / 11 DEF / 3 RES @ Sniper / none

Sirius: 36 HP / 16 STR / 16 SPD / 16 DEF / 3 RES @ DK / 1 Robe

Edited by Gradivus.

Wow. Just wow. This goes great thus far >_> Your 6x does require NO luck at all... I always needed at least one crit from either Palla or Catria to get the job done. Looking forward to the Merric recruit chapter. Wonder if you'll fly right through the middle, or go left or right (and why?) Also, again, a chapter that would've loved the Rescue command in this game. I really miss Rescue in FE11 and FE12...

Soldier is OP I guess. Though I'm pretty sure that Dracoknight!Sirius + Lady Sword!Cav + Aura is a consistent kill on Roro. I'm pretty sure 6x doesn't require any luck beyond connecting a 60 disp hit regardless of MU build.

I'll do a 2-turn of C10, as it's standard for H3. I don't see a reason to go right or left though, I'll only have Luke and Catria go there to collect the droppables. Marth can just traverse the river, as can Feena to dance Marth on 1, so he can fullmove the 2nd turn 1 movement. A really annoying thing is that Marth is one tile short of OHKOing that Shaver!Mage with Devil Sword. He can't use Levin Sword yet either (Barrier!Sirius with +3 Res shards can tank the Shaver to soften with Iron Axe, Levin!Marth would grab the kill).

Edited by Gradivus.

If those water tiles were Sea, C10 would still be a 2-turn. Dracoknight blitzkrieg the fourth and either Sirius or Minerva takes a Master Seal and Rescue staff with them. Merric takes those and promotes on 1, to Rescue Marth on 2.

Edited by Gradivus.

Decided to make some money calculations. http://pastebin.com/WCzP0JLV

obviously it's highly unlikely that those are my only expenses, but I've got a lot of money to use. I expect Marth to reach 39 HP 17 Def by himself, so a C19 Shield + 3 Robes + 2 Shields will do the trick. 52711G left.

Drill Grounds. I'll assume 15000G to go there. 37711G left.

Various other forges. haven't planned much yet, but commonguard mentioned that his C23 strat requires some forges like a light Javelin forge, a strong-ish Dragonpike and 2 light Wyrmslayer ones. I'll stick with 14000G for forges. 23711G left.

Spirit Dusts for Linde. RP + 2 Dusts normally obtained + 3 buyables should do the Gharnef kill (I factored in some Drill Grounds usage). 16211G left. I like having some spare cash and am pretty sure that I'll turn out to need most of it, even though I haven't planned on that yet.

Also forgot to account for some random auto-recruits like Dolph and Macellan, but I'll probably just use or sell their weapons. Having that Silver on hand on C15 looks pretty handy (pun unintended) because Sirius and/or Palla will like it for ORKOes like Ballistae and thieves.

Yeah, I'll stick with the C16 Bullion I guess, unless someone gives me a good reason against doing so. Though my sketch on how a C22 3-turn is done is incomprehensible and I must probably redraw it every time I plan for that clear lol.

Edited by Gradivus.

Because I take everything for Christmas, including FE if which I'll take for Christmas too

I didn't have a specific reason not to kill them in their first chapters. I don't think I had any units on C7 turn 4 that had a free action who can also ORKO Astram. On C5 no clue really, but it turned out to help because Sirius could double him with just Scorpio and not RP too, which he can't against a 15 Spd generic Sniper. Could aswell just have Killer critted and given the scorpio to Catria to save the RP use. Oh well.

Also I've looked into the possibility of a C9 4-turn with Minerva recruited, only 1 Rescue, but it leaves Etzel out. Marth can reach the village on 4 and Linde can rescue staff him close enough, but Feena can't go far enough to dance him on 4 because he needs a dance on turn 1 to reach the village in 4. 4-turn with 1 Rescue doesn't work, j/s.

Edited by Gradivus.

Sirius had a 5-statter with the necessary stuff and a double HP

Palla had a 4-statter with the necessary stuff

MU misses the steel axe hit

Sniper OHKOes Palla

Fuck you MU.

Chapter 10 is finished in 2/82 turns with 1 Thief staff use.

Easy. I had a misconception on the Cleric AI and thought it wouldn't heal enemies above 50%, so Marth could have killed him on EP with the Devil Sword and Leo. It still is 2 WEXP for Marth though so I don't regret not having Catria take the shard from Sirius for a direct kill. Of course got all the droppables and that smelly Cleric vulnerary too. The shard swapping at the bottom of the map only added reliability and pretentious shard swapping prowess because the Bishop can proc 4 Def and not get ORKOed by shard-less Shiida. She got an awesome level too. Unfortunately Shiida dodged or critted that Bishop on turn 1 so Etzel couldn't get any staff WEXP on turn 1.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 10x is cleared in 1/83 turn.

Side objectives like almost killing the max number of roro's and finishing in sub 1 min done of course and Luke's Spd cooperates too.

I've already attempted C11, but MU keeps whiffing +2 Mt Hand Axes and Luke tends to crit that Wyvern that's supposed to be killed by Marth.

Also, I've looked closer into the possibility of a C19 3-turn. Nosferatu!Linde must stand in range of 2 ballistae on 2, one of which must be dodged, the other one distracted by like, Etzel. She must be danced twice to reach said tile, and Dracoknight!MU must take a starting position that allows him to limit her Paladin exposure to 2 and largely rout the rest with a forged poleaxe. Due to how my starting positions are located, Dracoknight!Frost or some low-lck unit can't reach the NE ballista's range, missing out on it by one tile. Luke and a random Ridersbane mount kill the Pallies that attacked Linde. Shiida kills Sedgar, Palla kills the HM 1L of the map save (+1 Ridersbane forge?) from 1D. A random DK uses the savepoint so Xane can Hauteclere crit the boss. Linde rescues Feena, Feena dances Linde, MU goes 1R1D from the NE ballista, Linde rescues Etzel, she uses the C16 Rescue. Etzel has the C4 Rescue on him and fullmoves to the tile 1L from the used map save, Rescues Marth, he fullmoves twice due to Malicia's Again. The mess movement lines I drew on Paint agree with my plan. The Ballistae have 98 hit before accounting for anything like avoid.

EDIT: There is a thief that'll stand in Linde's way on turn 3, and MU's necessary tile is 3 tiles away from him so I can't just forge a +10 Crt Javelin and rig some shit. Hopefully the Thief's movement is more or less random/manipulable (no clue how I'd manipulate it)/tends not to go to that tile after the turn 2 Paladin pull...

Edited by Gradivus.

One word for Ch10 = AMAZING. :Sain:

I really thought I needed a Rescue to make Merric survive, but that was insane. Never came up to something like that. Will try tomorrow if it also works for me. Thanks for the heads up.

to be fair 2-turning C10 is the lowest achievement on this run so far, and only watching the Epilogue will be easier of the future chapters. On Lunatic Reverse, a 2-turn is pretty good, but on H3 it's honestly very easy especially with that MU. Since you mentioned you use Palla and Catria, you won't have a problem with the throne room rout.

Edited by Gradivus.