FE12 Lunatic Incomplete Recruitment LTC in 140 turns

I figured out a 4-turn of C11 with 2 Rescue uses, right after posting a 5-turn video with 2R. ignore this post. atm the execution is ucking me, I'm highly benefitting from Sirius being at 6 Lck too, which probably is what makes the strat possible at all while obtaining the Master Sword which I love and won't leave out for that reason.

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10x - 1/83 turns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBEe6d7vL8

Side objectives of maximizing the Roro kills and finishing in sub 1 min done of course and Luke's Spd cooperates too.

I've already attempted C11, but MU keeps whiffing +2 Mt Hand Axes and Luke tends to crit that Wyvern that's supposed to be killed by Marth.

Also, I've looked closer into the possibility of a C19 3-turn. Nosferatu!Linde must stand in range of 2 ballistae on 2, one of which must be dodged, the other one distracted by like, Etzel. She must be danced twice to reach said tile, and Dracoknight!MU must take a starting position that allows him to limit her Paladin exposure to 2 and largely rout the rest with a forged poleaxe. Due to how my starting positions are located, Dracoknight!Frost or some low-lck unit can't reach the NE ballista's range, missing out on it by one tile. Luke and a random Ridersbane mount kill the Pallies that attacked Linde. Shiida kills Sedgar, Palla kills the HM 1L of the map save (+1 Ridersbane forge?) from 1D. A random DK uses the savepoint so Xane can Hauteclere crit the boss. Linde rescues Feena, Feena dances Linde, MU goes 1R1D from the NE ballista, Linde rescues Etzel, she uses the C16 Rescue. Etzel has the C4 Rescue on him and fullmoves to the tile 1L from the used map save, Rescues Marth, he fullmoves twice due to Malicia's Again. The mess movement lines I drew on Paint agree with my plan. The Ballistae have 98 hit.

EDIT: There is a thief that'll stand in Linde's way on turn 3, and MU's necessary tile is 3 tiles away from him so I can't just forge a +10 Crt Javelin and rig some shit. Hopefully the Thief's movement is more or less random/manipulable (no clue how I'd manipulate it)/tends not to go to that tile after the turn 2 Paladin pull...

Are you seriously going to try to get a 98% disp hit dodge with Linde on C19? That sounds completely ludicrous.

They have 98 base hit, not disp hit lol. Note that I didn't rig a Jagen crit or something either, so I wouldn't try to rig that dodge. I'd rather gun for a legit TC than a rngabused-the-shit-out-of one anyway. Actually, had I stated that the Ballistae have 98 disp hit, it'd like, strongly imply that I won't do it. Linde will necessarily (C18 benchmark) have capped SPD an Starsphere, and will likely be at about 20 Lck, so with the MU Support, she should have about 45 dodge (or however supports are factored in), thus face 53 disp hit. I however don't know how that Thief behaves, so I'll probably just stick with 4 turns and shave a turn with 2 staff uses somewhere.

I might record a C19 3-turn video though which will be irrelevant to the run, in case the Thief movement works like it's supposed to.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 11 is completed in 4/87 turns with 2 Rescue uses.

Credits to commonguard's C6 4-turn for the Rescue Rescue user + trade Rescue staff idea. Missed out on Elysian Whip, Arms Scroll, Speedwing, lolIcon, lolLady Sword and Dracoshield to shave a turn. Sirius not being Lck-blessed allows him to distract the Wyrm on 2 and obtain those items on turn 4. The Wyrms that MU combatted had not to proc 45 HP / 9 Def, and the Wyrm Luke confronted had not to proc 45 HP / 9 Def / 3 Res so RP!Hero!Luke can 3HKO with 2 Levin + 1 KE hit. Sirius distracting the Wyrm on turn 2 required a 16 Skl roll. Luckily, the rolls that make Luke or MU fail were rather unlikely. Marth got a Lck bond because lolDevil Sword. The core of the strat was Catria and Palla adjusting the Rescue tiles on turn 2 and 4, with Etzel rescuing Linde and giving her the Rescue staff on turn 3. she has to fullmove twice after the rescue usage to barely reach the tile that she can Rescue Marth from for a 4-turn. It's a shame I had to leave out hat many items. I'm pretty sure that a bulky enough Magic user can obtain the Dracoshield on turn 4 if he can do what Luke did. If either Shiida or Sirius can survive the enemies in the vicinity, i.e. 2 Bandits and IIRC 1 Wyrm from the NE corner, they can obtain the Arms Scroll. (both are totally likely!) If it's Sirius, he must be strong enough to OHKO the Swordmaster with a Javelin crit, which is 18 Str + Gemini + RP. Sirius could technically have obtained the Scroll, but he couldn't have luck-attracted the Wyrm with an RP, which is necessary for a 4-turn to be possible with my team. Elysian Whip is completely unobtainable within 4 turns without a third Rescue use (effectively a net detriment because less items obtained and the rescue could be shaving a turn elsewhere), but I don't think it would turn out to shave any turns, even though it makes Catria way greater than her Dracoknight version. Linde also got a Speedwing for that Hunter kill on turn 3.

This clear took 3 RP uses:

38/77: Linde can double the Killer!Hunter on EP3 with Nosferatu, instead of EP OHKOing with Aura and getting killed by that Wyrm afterwards.

37/77: MU can OHKO the Boss with the +2 Pike instead of me having to go for a 5% CoS on the boss area with a critforged Iron Axe + the Sirius crit and Spd proc which I want to get to double C12 things as a Hero.

36/77: Luke meets the benchmarks to not get 2HKOed by Wyrms and 3HKOing them with aforementioned weapon combo.

Edited by Gradivus.

One again, that looked like it was easy >_> Now, I no thats far from it. Seems like you "missed" out on some EXP just before finishing. Whas it impossible for your DracoKnights to get some kills? Or did you just not want to risk it? Otherwise perfect chapter to me.

It was impossible, unless we count EP Javelin crits at around 8 Crt. All of them had to move to the necessary tiles. Rescue tends to prioritize down > right > left > up, so Catria and Palla had to get next to Linde's turn 4 position on turn 4, and next to Etzel on Turn 2. Sirius had to prepare his ambush against the Swordmaster and distract Wyrms. Shiida had to reach Jake because of the Secret Shop. MU had to do most of the combat stuff because only he could ORKO Wyrms from range.

EDIT: In retrospect, I could have like, RP'd Palla and had her do the Arms Scroll get and kill the SM with the Javelin critforge. whatever.

Edited by Gradivus.

You're actually forgoing FalcoKnight Catria entirely in this playthrough for LTC? Don't you like need the 28 AS she'll get with starsphere to actually facilitate some strategies?

well, I didn't expect a C11 4-turn to be possible, so I had to re-plan things: doubling the C12 boss is not necessary because MU and Palla (Axe + forged Dragonpike) can gang him. C13 boss can be ORKOed with a Scorpio!Dracoknight. C15 Sniper can be killer critted because it's probably the only crit I'll need for the boss area assassination. C16 Thieves can both get critted with the +4 Crt Javelin from the map start and the map save respectively. C18 Paladins can be stopped with General!Palla and Poleaxe!MU. The only Warrior I'll kill on C19 is the one with the droppable Silver Axe and he can be ganged by Palla + Catria + Palla, both being Dracoknights. Basically, I'd have to drop a turn to get Falco!Catria and I don't think she'd compensate for that, since her performance is still okay.

Edited by Gradivus.

Rage, the reinforcements on C12 spawn on turn 3. wtf? is there some sort of triggering zone? fewod doesn't have any triggering zone for upper reinforcements marked. though I guess I can somehow plug those forts by turn 3 if I don't deploy Shiida as a Paladin, but as a DK.

EDIT: I recall it being due to me spawning the lower groups on turn 1, so the upper group always spawns 2 turns afterwards. nvm.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 12 is completed in 5/92 turns using 1 Hammerne and 1 Rescue.

Standard strat. For my clear, the upper enemy wave pulled somewhat differently and the upper reinforcement spawning turn varied too from the videos that I watched. I still managed to break through the map. I didn't really think before sacking Darros and could have postponed the Hammerne usage to turn 4 IIRC and Physic him on 3. In retrospect it saved a physic usage while Malicia gets the same WEXP. I'm actually really worried about Malicia's WEXP; I don't think she can make it to A staves before C14 (which is, within 5 turns while getting danced once at best). I could have made turn 5 more reliable by having Marth move before Shiida to sneak some WEXP via Levin Sword, so she grabs a Devil Axe from the convoy and gives it to MU for more hit against the boss. MU got a Shield before the map and Linde got the C11 dust.

Rainbow Potion usage:

35, 34 and 33/77: Palla, Luke and Catria can double Fire Dragons.

32/77: Soldier meets the tanking benchmark.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / 15.71 / 36 HP / 16 STR / 18 SPD / 14 DEF / 1 RES / C SWD / None

Soldier / 11.87 / 51 HP / 23 STR / 23 SPD / 25 DEF / 4 RES / B LNC C AXE / 1 Robe, 2 Shield

Luke / 3.10 / 41 HP / 21 STR / 22 SPD / 12 DEF / 4 RES / C BOW / none

Palla / 6.43 / 35 HP / 22 STR / 21 SPD / 17 DEF / 5 RES / A LNC E AXE / none

Sirius / 7.10 / 43 HP / 17 STR / 23 SPD / 13 DEF / 3 RES / B SWD E AXE / 1 Robe

Linde / 4.57 / 38 HP / 14 MAG / 18 SPD / 3 DEF / 9 RES / C MAG E STF / 1 Robe 1 Dust 2 Wing

Etzel D STF @ Bishop

Malicia B STF @ Bishop

Catria / 2.07 / 32 HP / 18 STR / 22 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / none

Caeda / 3.79 / 29 HP / 14 STR / 22 SPD / 15 DEF / 3 RES / none

Notes: I must, no matter what, rig so many non-Lck Levels on MU that he faces 2 Crt from C21 Berserkers at least, which is maximally one proc IIRC. Luke should reach C bows as a Horseman by C15 which is not too hard to reach I think. I believe that Malicia is pretty far from A staves as a Bishop which can make C14 a big pain.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm dumb. I put Palla on the fort on 1, whereas other playthroughs have her or the Dracoknight of choice attack the Dragon from 1D. Linde could get more exp though so it's fine.

Chapter 13 is completed in 3 turns (95 total) with 1 Rescue.

Credits to commonguard who pointed out the necessity of a Rescue usage on Feena. An easy clear overall, even though I had to split MU and Palla off my main army to do stuff like having MU do 3 fullmoves to visit the secret shop (which is probably important for C14 because I neglected Malicia's staff rank), obtaining the chest dragonpike, making Luke's (w)exp gain as good as possible and using a map save to make for a non-crit bosskill. The Killer!Catria crit on turn one was necessary to achieve those because I only had 2 Physic uses, which is why I had to avoid the counter. I could have not routed the RHS Wyverns at all (Palla can tank with the Pisces to still get the map save) and done it without a Killer crit, but the result would have been much worse exp-wise.

RP uses used for this clear:

31/77: Luke doubles Wyverns and is able to take 2 hits from them.

30/77: Marth meets the EP2 tanking benchmark and OHKOes a Dark Mage on turn 1.

Edited by Gradivus.

Out of curiosity, ignoring prologue, how many turns do you think would be lost in an average LTC if MU didn't exist? Or at least, is banned after Prologue, but we still don't need to count Prologue turns. Everyone says luke is the next best candidate but I think the worse bases and meh weapon ranks mean he doesn't really have the ability to substitute Draco MU without costing a lot more.

C1: Lorenz would be very hard to kill, but IIRC, RP!Steel!Sniper!Arran can crit him at 13 Crt to OHKO with a +4 Steel Bow. That Hunter on turn 1 would have been a pain to deal with but I guess I could have killed with Draug, while Luke, being brought into OHKO area, attracts the other bandits. I would have to do that Peg Knight distraction trick for the boss area. I'm not sure if I could have 6-turned.

C2: I could have used Luke to 3HKO-2RKO an Axe!DK, while Arran, Gordin, Ryan and Warren spam that forged Steel Bow. again, idk if I could've still 6-turned.

C3: General!Arran is important as fuck to this strat. Bosskill would've been a ton harder without MU. Palla can eat some vulns so I can 8-turn or some crap like this while feeding to Palla.

C3x: 6 turns. RP!DK!Arran can ORKO a Knight, and Catria and Palla take an Archer each. Linde chips a Knight for Marth again. The next Knight can choose who he eats a counter against. Palla can tank due to being a Cavalier with Taurus and maybe RP.

C4: General!Palla + Robe + Shield + RP. I guess I can do some trick with an EP2 Devil Sword convoy drop to take it out of the convoy with a flier, so that Sirius + Palla might be strong enough for a bosskill. Probably 3 turns, but a ton shakier because Palla doesn't double the boss.

C5: Tricky. Palla can still replace MU for the boss area, but the mages are dicks. I guess Cavalier!Ogma and Merc!Luke can OHKO one each, the first one being ORKOpulled by Catria. 8 turns probably.

C6: Unsure on a 4-turning possibility. Doubling the Hero requires 21 Spd and Palla is likely to be far from ORKOing damage. Pretty sure I have to use HM!Sirius to take him out along with 2 attacks from Palla. Probably 5 turns because 4 turns is very hard to execute (shame on you, Physic!Bishop).

C6x: 1 turn with lolstrat.

C7: 4 turns, but I probably have to leave more items out. idt I can tank Heroes with Palla because of that Mage. MU isn't there to OHKO thieves so generally less items.

C8: 2 turns. Either Palla or Sirius battles the Paladins. I could manage my exp between C5 and 8 better so Shiida can promote here and ORKO the Scroll!General.

C9: No clue. Palla is probably high enough on Spd to double DKs with Scorpio. 5 or 6.

C10: Palla must ORKO the Sniper. Sirius and Merric with a crit kill the Shaver!Mages. Catria (can do it as a peg Knight, but is probably free to promote) and Sniper!Shiida kill the Bishops.

C10x: Sirius @ KE crit 1-turn.

C11: Tricky, but RP!Minerva can act as a Rescue tile manipulating unit for the 4-turn. Otherwise I have to 5-turn.

C12: 5-turn is a lot trickier than with MU, but SOMEHOW WITH MASSIVE DRACOSHIELD EXPENSES AND DRILL GROUNDS and by not being as derp to aggro the complete upper group on turn 1.

C13: MU isn't needed for the 3-turn.

It's hard to say it accurately, but Palla, when rigged a Def level against the C3 boss, has 19 Def as an RP!Shield!Dracoknight, so she is likely to be able to do MU's job, although not as well as MU. commonguard's H4 Mage run involved Palla as a bulky Dracoknight, I'm too lazy to rewatch it atm though.

btw, I used the drill grounds on Marth and MU before C13, forgot to mention.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 13x is completed in 2 turns (97 total).

Not much to say about this really. Sirius and Soldier went to the drill grounds before this map, the former as a Paladin and the latter as a Berserker.

I used one RP use on this map (29/77), so that Luke can ORKO the enemies he has to ORKO here. Also, another thing I forgot to mention, I gave Marth an Energy Drop before C13. I still had a Physic staff in the convoy too. Welp, at least MU got a ton (considering it's a 3-turn) of Lance rank on C13.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / 16.88 / 37 HP / 19 STR / 19 SPD / 15 DEF / 1 RES / C SWD / 1 Drop

Soldier / 13.58 / 55 HP / 24 STR / 25 SPD / 25 SPD / 7 RES / B LNC E SWD / 1 Robe 2 Shield

Luke / 5.48 / 39 HP / 22 STR / 23 SPD / 11 DEF / 4 RES / C SWD D BOW / None

Palla / 6.85 / 35 HP / 22 STR / 21 SPD / 17 DEF / 5 RES / A LNC E AXE / None

Sirius / 8.40 / 43 HP / 18 STR / 24 SPD / 14 DEF / 3 RES / B SWD E AXE / 1 Robe

Linde / 5.94 / 39 HP / 14 MAG / 19 SPD / 3 DEF / 9 RES / C MAG E STF / 1 Robe 1 Dust 2 Wing

Catria / 3.93 / 33 HP / 18 STR / 23 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / B LNC E AXE / None

Caeda / 4.49 / 34 HP / 13 STR / 25 SPD / 12 DEF / 3 RES / C BOW / None

Edited by Gradivus.

NO

LUKE GOT CRITTED

ON TURN 4

I COULD HAVE BEEN NOT RETARDED AND USED A MAP SAVE

RAGE

Anyway, C14 4-turn without a fortify user is doable. Expect me to update soon-ish. though not very frequently afterwards because I must look into how consistent the thief movement on C19 is; the staff usage on C19 influences both my C15 and 17 turn count.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 14 is 4-turned (101 turns in total) with 1 Rescue use.

As I predicted, the Mercurius comes in handy one time on C14 for a Thief OHKO. The other Mercurius usages vs Dragons were to slightly save money and to account for hit rates because the Dragons fluxed down in HP, but it doesn't matter actually. None of the crits on turn 1 were necessary, aside from Robert's Killer Bow one. Marth had enough HP & Def to avoid getting 2HKOed by Ice Dragons (note that it detriments in his sword rank) and Sirius could have been rigged a Mercurius crit from the map save at around 25 Crt to still get that Dragon kill or just used a Vuln on turn 3. Paladin!MU with scorpio and capped speed trivialized the hostile thieves on EP because he barely doubles them. He also proc'd Lck, so he's barely sitting low enough for C21. A Lances get too. #Mercurisirius5MVP

I used the Drill Grounds before this map, on Marth, Linde and IIRC Luke too, but unsure. you can tell from the exp at the end of 13x and start of 14 if you care.

C14 RP usage

Spoiler

28/77: Marth doubles Ice Dragons. turned out unimportant due to the crit, but it wasn't supposed to happen.

27/77: Linde doubles Dark Mages consistently, which is even if they proc 17 Spd. FunFact, on a less efficient run, she could have ORKOed every single enemy on the map.

26/77: MU tanks all those enemies more easily. I didn't calculate the benchmarks for that, but they are ridiculously high and I believe the RP use was necessary.

25/77: Sirius OHKOes that Thief.

Stats

Spoiler

Marth / 18.12 / 39 HP / 20 STR / 20 SPD / 15 DEF / 1 RES / C SWD / None

Soldier / 15.88 / 55 HP / 26 STR / 23 SPD / 27 DEF / 4 RES / A LNC C AXE / 1 Robe 2 Shield

Luke / 6.71 / 40 HP / 23 STR / 24 SPD / 12 DEF / 4 RES / C SWD C BOW / None

Palla / 8.62 / 36 HP / 23 STR / 22 SPD / 18 DEF / 5 RES / A LNC E AXE / None

Sirius / 9.88 / 40 HP / 21 STR / 20 SPD / 18 DEF / 4 RES / A LNC E AXE / 1 Robe

Linde / 7.31 / 40 HP / 15 MAG / 21 SPD / 3 DEF / 11 RES / C MAG E STF / 1 Robe 1 Dust 2 Wing

Catria / 5.87 / 35 HP / 19 STR / 23 SPD / 15 DEF / 4 RES / B LNC E AXE / None

Caeda / 5.26 / 31 HP / 15 STR / 23 SPD / 15 DEF / 3 RES / C LNC E AXE / None

Malicia A STF @ Bishop

Etzel C STF @ Bishop

Edited by Gradivus.

Nice clear. I actually just yesterday did C14 for the first time in H3. I had been able to leave my prior "strategies" I used in H2 in the past (i.e. turtle for 20+ turns or just move units around impulsively) for the bulk of the playthrough and utilize some slightly more blitzkrieg ones, but this one caught me off guard. Eventually cleared at 30 something turns, but yeah, doesn't belong to the list of my favorites.

Haha, somewhat surprising how susceptible to Ice Dragon crits units can be.

Yeah, Robert's suicidal mission was pretty important. Est will contribute too, just wait!

It's hilarious that Sirius didn't get crit at all on my attempts, he's the true MVP :P And yeah, that C14 clear pushed my army to the brink. Sirius being strong enough for an OHKO and the Mercurius being there probably saved my ass. If those thieves had 1 SPD more, I'd be so dead. They can proc 24 SPD, but it seemed very unlikely to me. They all had 23 SPD on various attempts.

Edited by Gradivus.

Nice clear. I actually just yesterday did C14 for the first time in H3. I had been able to leave my prior "strategies" I used in H2 in the past (i.e. turtle for 20+ turns or just move units around impulsively) for the bulk of the playthrough and utilize some slightly more blitzkrieg ones, but this one caught me off guard. Eventually cleared at 30 something turns, but yeah, doesn't belong to the list of my favorites.

Haha, somewhat surprising how susceptible to Ice Dragon crits units can be.

Yeah seriously this chapter can suck my left nut if you're playing completionist. Marth just has to run around way too much so you're practically required to use rescue to not take loads of extra turns, and you have to simulteanously rout the left and right sides of the map + reinforcements (and Ice Dragons love critting) to make it happen. And there's not even a good incentive for doing that other than going faster, because no reinforcements spawn till you talk to Gotoh. It just makes more sense just to activate the pulls separately to minimise the risk, but that makes for such a boring map.

seriously, does it have any effect on crits when I do something similar to that rng abusing trick on FE6 like, by moving between red tiles? I just did a failed attempt, on which Minerva critted the sniper, MU crit the ballista, shiida crit the bishop, and sirius crit the boss on turn 2 after I did that (actually I was just doing that for the sake of style because my turn 1 is pretty riggy).

Edited by Gradivus.

It just burns one number on the RNG string, at least in the GBA games. Not sure if that's the case in DSFE.

I do know that the RNG's seed is generated by the system clock, though. You were probably just unlucky.

Edited by Topazd255