What is the point of the Lady Sword?

It's basically a silver for female units with an E rank and 5 more uses. In Vanilla Mystery of the Emblem, it had effective bonus against certain enemy units such as thieves and bandits. Why they took that out is a mystery to me.

While it's usefulness in the earlygame is obvious, personally, I also found it pretty useful to keep a decent offense when class-changing female units around. You don't really want to bother with steel weapons and the like once enemies start using forged silvers en masse.

I think that lady sword is like, intended to make training some units like Catria easier. she can easily ORKO those Fighters on C4, 3HKO Dracoknights (Lance!DKs too after RP, but only if you use RP of course) on C3, and it's like a decent backup if a unit like Palla gets massively spd screwed midgame and can only double things as a swordmaster. it also makes devil sword easier to access, which is pretty awesome sometimes.

Edited by Gradivus.

Repeating what others have said but its essentially an E Rank Silver Sword. It got tweaked a bit in the FE3 remake though. In the original, it also had effective bonus damage against Barbarians. Don't know why they changed that bit, would've been more useful than it already is in my opinion.

It's basically a silver for female units with an E rank and 5 more uses. In Vanilla Mystery of the Emblem, it had effective bonus against certain enemy units such as thieves and bandits. Why they took that out is a mystery to me.

It's effective against the most ruffian-like of enemies because the poise and grace of the lady wielding the sword is too much for the crude ne'er-do-wells.

It also bears mention that giving your female units the lady swords gives you greater freedom when distributing your other, "generic" (read: iron, steel and/or silver) swords to your male and remaining female swordusers.

I sort of wonder why they included such a weapon as well. It would sort of make sense I feel if female characters were disadvantaged in some way compared to the male counterparts. I think in general that the male counterparts tend to see a slight increase in strength cap or some higher base or growth in the stat. In which case having the lady sword gives these units a good power boost. Otherwise, completely pointless. It is still really useful to have early game units in FE12 have access to such a weapon.

The point is why male mercenaries seemed to struggle more compared to female myrmidons.

While the original concepts should be good because the likely users should be dismounted pegasi and such disadvantaged female units who desperately needs more power (dismounted features) and the other users are promoted girls anyway, with myrmidon class + reclass it means that female myrmidons are practically more viable once you got lady sword, especially in early parts (other than that it will be simply more durable silver sword)

Alright, lady sword is fine, but in my opinion, we should also get AXE OF MANLINESS, who deal silver axe damage, it also deal heavy "go to kitchen and make me sammich" damage when used against female units. But one catch for this, this weapon should be primarily enemy weapon and you could only get them as limited item drop. So much enemy axe users used that so your lady-sword myrmidon get a disadvantage when carelessly trot to enemy axe users.

Male mercs definitely don't struggle. Luke easily doesn't and ogma is very decent.

also, there's no need for an "axe of manliness" because your myrm will almost assuredly be 2HKOed by enemy axe users and can dodge anyway if used the bond drop (can't dodge consistently without it). even rp!taurus!cavalier!palla can just barely live after eating 2 axes on chapter 4. If she promotes, it's pretty much a non-issue, but that's because it's an early promoted DK who are tough as trucks anyway. in case the strikethrough part is serious.

Edited by Gradivus.

I sort of wonder why they included such a weapon as well. It would sort of make sense I feel if female characters were disadvantaged in some way compared to the male counterparts. I think in general that the male counterparts tend to see a slight increase in strength cap or some higher base or growth in the stat. In which case having the lady sword gives these units a good power boost. Otherwise, completely pointless. It is still really useful to have early game units in FE12 have access to such a weapon.

One could argue that after you unlock in the merged class set for male units that female units are far less flexible than males units die men having almost twice the class options woman do (though in practice most of females you get aren't really hurt by this other than maybe Norne who iisn't gonna use the lady sword anyways).

• 2 weeks later...

Females are overall a little disadvantaged compared to males because they can't access any of the Set B classes (except General) and get only Pegasus Knight and Falcoknight in return. Most of the set B classes wouldn't be that useful for females anyway though- I suppose one could use Cecile as a Horseman and Minerva could go Hero/Berserker to use axes with a higher Spd base/cap than Dracoknights.

Edited by -Cynthia-