Serra or Priscilla?

Katie

Who's the better unit: Serra or Priscilla?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which unit is the better early game healer to invest in?

• Serra
    • Priscilla

dondon's exact phrasing was "total control over your level ups," which either requires an RN script or else hours upon hours of guesswork. You can reliably rig a few high-growth stats, sure, although there's a time cost involved.

I have to wonder whether arena resetting is comparable to RN rigging. The same mechanic of backing out from arenas was present in not one, but all three GBA games; you'd think if it were an exploit it would be removed. I think it's more likely a subtle crutch for players who want more control over their arena opponents.

And I don't think an RN list would do much for you unless you used it from the beginning of the game.

---

Neither here nor there. Because I don't want to go on a tangent within a tangent, I already granted we weren't arena rigging. Three turns of conservative arena use nets you 15K in assets rather than 20K. Saved turns remain highly valuable.

Edited by feplus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seed is the same when you hard reset. Admittedly the way it shifts the values per chapter varies, but I could still just give you the external information on where each start point is for each chapter assuming you skip all the dialogue/etc before each one and an RN string of, idk, 5000? Maybe more, depends how much rigging you're doing. I think the phrase "total control" isn't inaccurate because like I said, I could just put that information up on SF for anyone, and it's as valid as a piece of external info as ranked requirements are.

But whatever if we're not arena rigging then I'm out, was just throwing in my 2C on GBA rigging.

I could write a script to generate it for you but there's really no point when you can just view all the data yourself on emulator. So yes, it was hypothetical.

Edited by Irysa

No problem. Oh, also would like a bit more information about

The seed is the same when you hard reset. Admittedly the way it shifts the values per chapter varies

If I understand this correctly, the RN list is set to a particular "seed" whenever you hard reset? meaning no matter how many RNs I burn on Ch.11, hard resetting will get me the same seed on Ch.12? or does the number of RNs I burn in the previous chapter matter?

Interesting, thanks.

I'm of two minds regarding fixed RNG. On the one hand, while using it is optional, I hate how even light RN abuse is pretty straightforward and undermines difficulty. On the other hand, fixed RNG lets you do really neat stuff with LTC and speedruns.

There are hacks made for FE6 and 7 that modify the RNG to actually have some timer algorithms or something (I don't know enough about this to actually detail it). I assembled and patched them myself a while ago but the FE6 one doesn't play nice with the translation patch unless you do some extra bullshit. With them, not only are outcomes different if you reset, savestates don't produce the same results since the RNG is basically being determined by another shifting value.

Edited by Irysa

• 1 year later...

Serra has better stats overall, but with a Mend staff Priscilla will consistently top off most units. Her extra movement is invaluable, as she can heal more people that may need her. The only times I truly find Serra to be more useful than Priscilla once I have both is in the desert chapter, where non mounted mages and healers have unhampered movement.