A game concept I had awhile ago.

Jedi

Awhile back, even during Melees time. The advent of Smash Brothers made me want a certain game to happen, that never has nor probably will.

It would involve the smash cast, doing a story mode of sorts, but going through each Nintendo world. Within each, the cast of Smash would have to adhere to the rules of the universe.

If you were in Marios land, every character would be attributed to a Mario style character depending on how they are, (I.E Ganondorf would be a heavy jumper etc)

If you were in Fire Emblem, all the cast would turn into FE like units, etc etc.

I always have wanted to see this craziness and it kind of sounds like an NES Remix of sorts except with all eras of Nintendo.

Could you imagine how hilariously over the top some people would be in Xenoblade? Imagine the Metroidvania aspects of Super Metroid style gameplay.. AS someone not even close to being like Samus! Etc

Like when you entered a level or chapter or however the game worked, depending on the playstyle, be it single player, army based etc, you could choose out of all the smashers you had or if you had em all right from the start then, just everyone.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like it could be really awesome if done just right, but I imagine getting it done just right all within the same game would be...really, really hard to pull off. And the transition from one "world" to the next would probably be awkward for a lot of players, particularly those who aren't familiar with how some games work. Everything would have to be simplified enough so that no one gets caught off guard too badly.

Sounds like it could be really awesome if done just right, but I imagine getting it done just right all within the same game would be...really, really hard to pull off. And the transition from one "world" to the next would probably be awkward for a lot of players, particularly those who aren't familiar with how some games work. Everything would have to be simplified enough so that no one gets caught off guard too badly.

It would be, I cannot deny this. It would probably have to be catered to a particular crowd, or be done in some fangame ^^;

Or perhaps really well done tutorials per world. Just in case someone hasn't played a particular game

Edited by Jedi

I won't deny that a metroidvania style Zelda game would certainly entice me. The other ideas sound novel and amusing, but I'm not sure if they've got lasting appeal.

The only metroidvania games I've played are metroid, and those are more of one really big dungeon, with smaller dungeons, while Zelda is more seperate dungeons connected by world map. Having a Zelda game in one big dungeon would be kinda of weird to imagine. Besides that, I like the idea.

Apparently Ocarina of Time was originally going to be entirely in Ganons Tower, using paintings like Mario 64, or so I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...