FE6 HM LTC V1 - Completed in 133 Turns

Irysa

http://youtu.be/MPCMhoDhkt4

Chapter 4 is completed in 7 turns.

Can't go any faster because I need to recruit Rutger and he only shows up on turn 6 EP. Fortunately this is a good opportunity to train up Roy, Alan, and Shanna, with Lance grabbing a few kills as well. Alan gets 6 kills, whilst Shanna gets 5 and Roy gets 4 (both get EP chip exp too so it evens out kinda). Marcus also gets a chance to build Axe Rank, since he doubles about 60 to 70% of the Cavaliers with a speed proc, so I don't have to use the Silver Lance much. His axe rank will be important later on. Elen hits level 3 and I'm probably never using another staff with her again, but if I ever do need her to heal someone at least its slightly more potent! Rutger didn't take the bosskill because he is basically not going to be used this playthrough except to weaken the Chapter 4 and 5 bosses. Getting Marcus more (nearly perfect) levelups will be a greater benefit in the long run I think, as his 8 mov and 1-2 access matter will help out a lot more than a promoted Rutger will, especially since I'm going to have to try to get Lilina the majority of bosskills anyway.

There are no real significant chances of death anywhere on this chapter. Aside from levelups, the only RNs I needed to burn were for Rutger's crit and manipulating his bases/rigging a dodge so enemies would attack Roy so he gets more EXP.

[spoiler=Large RN Burns]
Turn 2
Alan Arrow L1D5L1 Cycle (LUDRx291)
Alan Arrow L1D5L1 Cycle (LUDRx21)
Lance Arrow R6D1 Cycle (DLRUx52)

Turn 5
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx116)
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx97)
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx103)

Turn 7
Lott Arrow 4LU1 Cycle (URLDx27)
Lott Arrow 4LU1 Cycle (URLDx113)

[spoiler=Blooper]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrSvcGSW1E

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy with 9 Str can actually cleanly OHKO Erik afaik. 9 Str + 15 Mt of the Rapier means that Roy will hit with 24 Atk against his 10 def + 2 def throne bonus so rigging a Rapier critical should be enough to get Roy the bosskill. Gotta rescue drop him away from there afterwards though or else Rutger can kill him on the next enemy phase.

From the position Roy is rescued by Clarine on turn 5 in the video, Roy has exactly the amount of mov needed to reach and kill the boss on Turn 6 too so you don't even have to make any adjustments to your strategy here.

Well I did consider giving the boss to Roy, but I figured Marcus should be getting priority on the bosskill since his expgain is pretty poor without them. I'll admit I haven't exactly crunched numbers to see if I need an extra point of str or speed for him to do particular things in C7 and 8 though.

What kind of spectacular things do you need Marcus to do from now on? The +1 Spd he got is pretty much all he needs to carry the team until Shanna/Alance/Zealot take over and he'll probably be competent enough to stay part of your team for quite a while anyway. Especially if you keep rigging his occasional level ups.

[i actually find it pretty amazing how much of a difference that one point of speed makes for Ch.4 and might start rigging it in my own runs in the future.]

Fun fact: If Roy has 8 Str instead of 9 he won't be able to OHKO Erik with a Rapier crit. He'll fall exactly one damage short of killing him. Pretty important benchmark to reach imo because Roy might start doubling certain enemies soon [+ gain access to a Killing Edge].

I agree with the general sentiment in the thread of not agreeing with the bosskill going to Marcus, even with perfect levels Alan will surpass him very quickly (with the exception of weapon ranks and movement) very quickly. It might help to have 13 speed for chapter 7 though, I dunno.

Well I went to actually check stats and you're all on the ball, the only 9 AS enemies in C7 and 8 are some Cavaliers who are likely going to use their Javelins and get weighed down to 7 AS anyway, which Marcus@Javelin can double anyway!

Leygance is 10 AS but I think expecting Marcus to get to level 4 is excessive and unrealistic. I can probably just rig Hammer hits and have a combination of Roy and Alan@Armorslayer (or maybe Lilina crit lol) finish him off.

In that case, Roy will take the bosskill. I'll go adjust it.

Edited by Irysa

Base level Lilina does like 5 damage to Leygance with Elfire at a laughable hitrate. And that's pretty much the best you can do with her.

Looking at the numbers you might be able to give that bosskill to Roy though. Roy needs 14 AS to double Leygance which is 3 points of speed away from where you are now. At 15 Str he can actually ORKO him with a critical + regular hit from the Rapier. Roy is currently 6 points of str away from that which might possible to reach over the course of next 4 Chapters. If you can rescue drop Roy in front of the throne to get the kill on enemy phase you won't even lose a turn for killing the boss but idk how hard it is to rig something like that for enemy phase. It's probably worth it though.

Edit @ above, omg that sucks.

I still think it'd be better to avoid giving the bosskill to Marcus and have Alance or Shanna take it instead.

Edited by Yojinbo

Neither Alan, Lance or Shanna can pull the damage or disp crit to finish Erik off on T7 it's either Rutger or Marcus unless I commit to spending extra turns weakening Erik beforehand which cuts into EXP for Alan anyway. Alan is the only realistic person to give it to, since he can hit for 7 dmg wheras the other two are like 3 or 4 <_<

The only real alternative is Lugh and he is going to be used way less than Marcus...

Edited by Irysa

Yeah, but again that cuts into EXP elsewhere on the map. I guess it's not really a big deal if I miss killing a pirate or something, but OTOH, getting Lugh in range but not near Rutger might be a headache.

EDIT: I think if Roy chips on T6 then Rutger Chips on 7 Alan can take it.

EDIT2: Yep, this works. Minor adjustment on turn 6 and 7 then. Turn 6 Roy attacks Erik, is rescued by Clarine, dropped by Lance. Turn 7 after Rutger chip Alan kills Erik at 2 Range with a Javelin and Marcus misses the Fighter once so Lance gets another kill, since Lance doesn't have to move Rutger out the way.

I can't decide whether Shanna or Alan should take this bosskill lol.

Edited by Irysa

http://youtu.be/CQl2fH_oHj4

Still 7 Turns.

Minor changes throughout. Turn 2 has Lugh attack a Nomad so that Alan can KO with an IronSword instead of IronLance for more Sword WExp. Turn 3 has Elen Heal Lugh so she levels up in the same place on Turn 5 and conserves a Mend use for Saul. Since Saul is going to have to be Exp stuffed as much as possible, he will likely need all 20 uses of that Staff as Mend gives more Exp than Heal. Minor positioning changes to Lott and Wade that mean nothing. Turn 5 has Shanna go West instead of Alan because Alan is likely going to soak a large amount of Exp in Chapter 6 via ORKOing Soldiers with a Javelin, something Shanna's Str won't allow her to do. Although this depends on Alan making it to level 6 for 12 Str, but I should be able to do that in Chapter 5. If not I'll have to come back and fix this. Turn 6 has Roy chip the boss so that the Turn 7 Rutger chip lets Shanna take the bosskill. Turn 7 also has Marcus rigged to miss a 90% on a Fighter so that Lance can take an extra kill.

I also experimented a bit with running the game at 50% speed whilst creating the movie to cut down on menuing time for the final recording.

[spoiler=Large RN Burns]
Turn 2
Alan Arrow L1D5L1 Cycle (LUDRx289)
Alan Arrow L1D5L1 Cycle (LUDRx21)
Lance Arrow R6D1 Cycle (DLRUx52)

Turn 5
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx116)
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx97)
Alan Arrow R6U1 Cycle(ULRDx103)

Turn 7
Lott Arrow 4LU1 Cycle (URLDx18)
Lott Arrow 4LU1 Cycle (URLDx113)
Dieck Arrow 3D2R Cycle (RUDLx327)

Edited by Irysa

http://youtu.be/shbZqBrvzN4

3 Turns.

Various things could be tweaked to improve reliability but all cut into more effective Exp distribution. Notably, Lugh gets OHKO'd by the Brigand on Turn 1 EP, but I could prevent this if I went back to C4 and fed him an extra kill for his levelup there, but that reduces Lance's EXP gain in C4. Having Wolt chip instead means I can't get Rutger and Roy into their Turn 2 positions, which has knock on effects for Shanna's two kills at the end. Other examples include Elen being able to Heal Lance on Turn 2 so he has no chance of dying, but this means I can't get Lott into position to rescue Rutger out the way meaning I have to use Lance or Shanna so that Alan can take the bosskill. Marcus could chip the boss@IronSword instead of @ 41 disp hit HandAxe but then I'd once again have to use Lance or Shanna to rescue him out the way for Alan to attack, unless Alan feels like trying to hit a 20 disp hit Javelin and still getting his levelup to cooperate. Unfortunately, Lugh KO's the boss after Rutger's chip and Wolt does 0 Damage so Marcus is the only option to feed it to Alan. Roy had the Armorslayer because I was initially trying to use weighted down Roy to lure Brigands on EP since he can take two handaxes, but eventually just scrapped that idea. Shanna is not OHKO'd by that Iron Bow Nomad, so the miss is not neccessary.

Also for clarification, all my EP stats are Disp Hit, not True Hit. So the chances are better than they look due to how that works.

[spoiler=EP Stats]
Turn 1
Lugh 16 Hp
48 Hit 16 Dmg

Turn 2
Rutger 25 Hp
53 Hit 15 Dmg
18 Hit 13 Dmg
20 Hit 13 Dmg

Lance 8 Hp
28 Hit 11 Dmg

[spoiler=Large RN Burns]
Turn 1
Shanna Arrow L6U1 Cycle (URLDx701)

Turn 2
Shanna Arrow U6R1 Cycle (RDULx429)
Shanna Arrow U6R1 Cycle (RDULx45)

Turn 3
Chad R5D1 Cycle (DLRUx262)

I'll take a closer look at the Exp distribution later, especially with regards to Roy.

If you don't move Shanna right in front of the Nomad on turn 2 but one space away from him then the Mercs will actually go after her. I don't know how cooperative the random numbers are but you could even try to rig a crit against the first merc to kill him and have another one attack Shanna. It's super unreliable because she has to dodge a lot of shit but Shanna hasn't gotten a whole lot of Exp lately I think.

Shanna has gotten more exp than anybody else on the team so far though...I gave her the C4 bosskill. I'm not going to rig something like you suggested unless it's basically neccessary to get a particular turncount. Chapter 3 Roy rigging hypotheticals were because at least two low % crits were going to have to happen anyway for the map to be 5 turnable, the path to the throne just can't be cleared otherwise. Lilina at least I am pretty sure can convert rigging like that into saved turns (because she needs an insanely large amount of Exp to do so), wheras Shanna's benchmarks aren't nearly as steep.

As for Roy getting more EXP, he can be exposed to both Mercs if he critkills the Nomad resulting in a 23 EXP increase but that fucks with reliability and means Shanna only gets 1 kill. If he doesnt critkill the Nomad he's getting less. I could rig Roy to crit all 3 enemies but once again, not comfortable with going for janky crits like that if it can be avoided. If I hit a wall later when it comes to a statistical benchmark then stuff like this may have to be considered but right now I'm not sold sorry.

Edited by Irysa

Yeah I'm just nitpicking at this point. Optimizing exp gain in this chapter is kind of a mess anyway. Ch.6 has a lot of Exp that can be distributed pretty handily though.

just an fyi before you get to chapter 8x, you need to ORKO henning with shanna in order to 5-turn and she needs to be promoted for the movement. you shouldn't have trouble hitting at least 16 skl, but do keep in mind that her EXP gain tanks after promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZecFqNk7emU

7 Turns.

Can't be done faster due to Cath only being talkable to on Turn 6. The Exp optimisation on this chapter is insane. I'm 99% sure I can't do any better than this aside from the one scenario where Roy gets dropped next to a Knight next to the boss on Turn 6 and either rigging a crit with his Rapier or doubling with Armorslayer. Former neccessitates an EP crit (ew), and the latter means Roy gets doubled by the boss and has a kinda gross chance of death, plus I have to rig a good EP levelup, so I passed in lieu of getting Alan to level 10 instead. Alan's first levelup isn't actually that hard to rig, what is difficult to rig is a successfu levelup and the first Soldier hitting him at 55 disp hit so that the remaning Soldiers attack him (the first one to attack can't reach Marcus who he would rather attack given the choice). I ended up conceding a point of Res, but it shouldn't matter. Alan can't die on Turn 1 even if he gets hit by everything though. The only chances of death are Roy on Turn 5 (if I healed him the Knight attacks Lance instead...) who has to dodge at least one between two 30ish disp hits, and Sue having to dodge at least 1 between turns 6 and 7 at disp 40ish. I'm too lazy to go check the hitrates right now.

Marcus won't be making it to D Axes it looks like. Alan is like 1 attack from D Swords so I'm hoping he can Armorslayer the C7 boss for me.

[spoiler=Large RN Burns]
Turn 1
Lott Arrow L4D1 Cycle (DRLUx1233)

Turn 2
Dorothy Arrow L3D2 Cycle (DRLUx24)
Dorothy Arrow L3D2 Cycle (DRLUx67)
Dorothy Arrow L3D2 Cycle (DRLUx30)

Turn 3
Marcus Arrow D5R3 Cycle (DLRUx193)

Turn 5
Shanna Arrow L4U2 Cycle (LDURx75)

Turn 7